Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions UK to snatch tallest rollercoaster record

UK to snatch tallest rollercoaster record

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post December 14th, 2003, 3:43 am

Points on hand: 58.00 Points
check out http://www.coasterforce.com for news on Blackpool Pleasure Beaches future rollercoaster.

Post December 14th, 2003, 8:06 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Lol. The Engish are fighting back with a new coaster to snatch the highest coaster.

Post December 14th, 2003, 9:39 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Ermm, judging those pics i think it is a hoax. The whole idea of a launched 4d coaster over 400ft, which extends over the water front of blackpool seems pretty stupid to me. You honestly think the locals would want a 400ft lump of steel, accross there beaches?

Post December 14th, 2003, 10:05 am

Points on hand: 4,515.00 Points
can someone give the direct link to it,i cant find the pictures or it.

Post December 14th, 2003, 10:06 am

Post December 14th, 2003, 10:07 am

Post December 14th, 2003, 11:54 am

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points

Post December 14th, 2003, 1:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

ill agree with edge on this one, just look at it, its not even a complete circuit, and what are they gonna do, launch it backwards, yeah right, i wouldnt plan on it.

Post December 14th, 2003, 2:38 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

HOAX HOAX HOAX BPPB won't go for it 1 it's on the beach! 2 a 4-D launch? 3 It looks so fake! Maybe one day at another place but definately not in that location with that track type and design.

Post December 14th, 2003, 4:04 pm

Points on hand: 4,300.00 Points

Realistic? No
Hoax? Maybe not...

If you look closely at the support style and shape of the track
it seems typical for S&S Power.
For example the "loop" is neither clothoid nor circular, but it shows the same characterstics as the "parabolic" towers of the
trust-air rides...
Also there have been rumors for a long time that S&S Arrow/Power are working on a 2-seat launched 4d design. I think it has even been mentioned on arrows website.
Still, I have strong doubts that this design will make it's way into BPPB in near future...

Post December 14th, 2003, 6:56 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
www.screamscape.com-2005/2006 - Rumor - (2/3/03) The latest rumor for Blackpool is a doozy to be sure, but sounds like it could be a solid one. We were told one single word... ?????????ThrustX?????????. Yes... ThrustX... as in the S&S Thrust Air coaster merged with Arrow?????????s X (4th Dimension) coaster.
(9/1/02) The latest buzz claims that it may be a few years until the park installs their next coaster. We know they were looking at the S&S Thrust Air coasters once upon a time, but the Intamin Rocket Coasters have now also been mentioned

how the heck will they make the intensity not bad?

Post December 15th, 2003, 5:13 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Now the Edge mentions it, it does look really stupid

Post December 15th, 2003, 8:03 am

FlyingV remember that the picture is an artist's impression and only roughly covers what the track may look like.

To me, its seems like this rumour is just a compilation of all the rumours about BPB. Ive hear that its gonna be 400ft+ its gonna go 120mph+ its gonna be a 4d style track, its gonna extend over the seafrount and also thats its gonna be made by SS power. This is just all of them idea's put together.

But realisticly, you look at design if you lived in blackpool and looked out your window and saw that, what would be your impressions... maybe for the first week it would be wow, but you'd get sick of the site of it. The only postivie thing about it for the locals is that the coaster will no doubt attract thousands more people to the area, and local buisness will increase. However with the limited space BPB, i cant see how they can fit the coaster in even extending out onto the seafrount. The coasters station would need to be at least 50ft to clear the building which line the frount of the park

Im also guessing the some of the supports structure of The Big One would need to be removed
Click here for pic

Post December 15th, 2003, 1:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Originally posted by The Edge

FlyingV remember that the picture is an artist's impression and only roughly covers what the track may look like.

To me, its seems like this rumour is just a compilation of all the rumours about BPB. Ive hear that its gonna be 400ft+ its gonna go 120mph+ its gonna be a 4d style track, its gonna extend over the seafrount and also thats its gonna be made by SS power. This is just all of them idea's put together.

But realisticly, you look at design if you lived in blackpool and looked out your window and saw that, what would be your impressions... maybe for the first week it would be wow, but you'd get sick of the site of it. The only postivie thing about it for the locals is that the coaster will no doubt attract thousands more people to the area, and local buisness will increase. However with the limited space BPB, i cant see how they can fit the coaster in even extending out onto the seafrount. The coasters station would need to be at least 50ft to clear the building which line the frount of the park

Im also guessing the some of the supports structure of The Big One would need to be removed
Click here for pic

I agree with what you said but I have a little thing to add. If this thing would be built in 4d track style that would be really useless, first of all because it won't add much thrill becuase most of the track is straight. And second of all the trains are super heavy and have double the friction of a normal train because of the extra rail. This means that you would need a motor almost twice as strong as the one on TTD. Which would mean you need about 20000 hp to launch it. You know a cable which can coat with 20000 hp? If you would use LIM's or a diffrent launching system it will accelerate quite slow because of all the friction and weight.
Conclusion: a launched 4d coaster of that size is impossible.

Post December 15th, 2003, 3:52 pm

it also stated somewhere that SS Arrow are trying to develope a 2 seat 4d coaster, which would almost half the weight of the train, depending on how many cars it uses.

Post December 15th, 2003, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

Good poin i think it may be a good idea but It'll need work.

Post December 23rd, 2003, 12:31 am

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
A launched 400 foot 4D. Hmm, sounds like a good death coaster idea.

Post December 23rd, 2003, 9:21 am

Points on hand: 4,515.00 Points
a 4d coaster, everyone thinks of X and how weird that would be, SS version of one would be alot different and may do something really cool, i think this ride would be awomse!

Post December 23rd, 2003, 7:29 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
a 4d coaster, everyone thinks of X and how weird that would be, SS version of one would be alot different and may do something really cool, i think this ride would be awomse!

very good point, we really dont know what the train will be like

Return to General Theme Park Discussions