Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Nolimits recreations

Nolimits recreations

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post December 14th, 2003, 7:38 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I was just riding some of the recreations that are on nolimits already, and i noticed actually how rubbish they are. I mean, first off i was riding Limit and its wrong, at the bottom of the drop there is a huge bump, the rest of the track isn't that smooth either, there is a collision with the track just after the second inversion there is a collision with a support at the end of the second barrel roll, and what it does going into the brakes is completely wrong, i certainly dont remember it doing that! Then i was riding Mantis, thats really rough too, actually they are mostly pretty bad, does anyone else think this, or is it just me?

Post December 14th, 2003, 8:03 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

I think this is because ppl dont look at how exactually they have to get the track. I mean you have to get it the right hieght and length and al other stuff. Some ppl dont try hard enough

Post December 14th, 2003, 10:16 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

But i mean they are on the game already, like they were made by the makers of the game or something, or the makers of the game thought they were good enough to put on there, but, what were they thinking, they are all rubbish!

Post December 14th, 2003, 10:28 am

Points on hand: 1.00 Points
--------------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 14th, 2003, 10:30 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Yeah i know but you would expect them to be perfect if they are trying to show off what the game can do, instead they are quite poor, and some of them, Limit especially would get ratings of like 6 on here

Post December 14th, 2003, 1:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,127.00 Points
I think the tracks in the game are fine, certainly if you check them with the techniques that were possible when the game was released. I think the tracks are all good, but with all the updates and stuff the making of tracks has improved much. There are more things possible now as when the first version was released . . .

Ren?????????

Post December 14th, 2003, 2:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

I agree with modelmaker i mean come on they set the standard then and the bar has been raised over time but for then that was sufficient anyways when you first bought the game did you pay attention to that?

Post December 14th, 2003, 7:00 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

hmmm, good point, but you would expect the updates of the game, to then have newer and better recreations dont you think?

Post December 14th, 2003, 7:13 pm

True the updates should have newer and better creations. Maybe you should suggest it to Ole but I know he's already busy.

Post December 14th, 2003, 9:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

haha, mabye they were trying to be smart and though it would make it more real if they werent perfectly smooth[:o)]

Post December 14th, 2003, 10:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,980.00 Points

I agree with all of you, but they put them in the game to show you what was possible, there not going to spend a long time on one track whene they are tring to get a game out. But I do think they should have one or two new (good) re-creations for some updates.

Post December 23rd, 2003, 7:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,136.00 Points
ya, including ML, that 1st overbanked turn is way out of control, the real ML goes through the tunnels way faster, and the last hill is a little far from the station cause in the real thing it is way closer. so i definetly agree with you guys... most of the recreations that come with no limits suck.

Post December 24th, 2003, 10:58 am

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
i think they picked some bad recreations to begin with. I'd loved to see the hulk, raven, phoenix, steel phantom and phantom's revenge, medusa, sros, nitro, raptor, and d.dragons instead of some that they put on(like some of the made up ones)

now that i think about it D.Dragons would be awesome recreation to ride

Post December 24th, 2003, 4:08 pm

I have it if you want me to e-mail it to you PM me with your e-mail address.
(Dueling Dragons)

Post December 24th, 2003, 6:34 pm

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
No I wouldn't expect the updates to have better tracks because it's
not a major issue Ole is more botherd about bringing more features
and functionalty to the game! and as such spends more time on
the develepment of the game!!!

Happy Christmas everbody!!!! or have a proper crimbo (that was right bo!)

Post December 29th, 2003, 4:18 pm

Points on hand: 317.00 Points
I think it's good what tracks were given with NL. When one first gets NL, they are not going to care too much. Also, this makes all you professional track makers shine dears! Also, if you don't like what they give, build a better one. This, you can do. ;)

Post January 9th, 2004, 10:35 am

Points on hand: 1,332.00 Points
I think the recreations itself is good enough, but the supports are way too simple. Take Expedition GeForce for instance, Ole used nothing else than prefabs. The real thing has a complete custom support structure. I can't find that in Ole's recreation.

But I think that Ole's intention was to let people be creative with the editor and create their own recreations or even modify the included ones. I have modified Expedition GeForce and Viper, just to make to supports more like the rides in real life.

Post January 9th, 2004, 10:37 am

Points on hand: 1,332.00 Points
That's why he doesn't spend time on creating new recreations.
He spends his time on giving NL more features so that we can use them to make our own recreations better.

Return to No Limits Coaster