Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

[NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points
well, I am terrible at scenery....
I do have a superman that is pretty close, the pretzel needs work though...

Points on hand: 4,598.00 Points
TallonD83 wrote:
well, I am terrible at scenery....
I do have a superman that is pretty close, the pretzel needs work though...

Yeah, I've got you and Blase Rhine down for that, and from the pictures I've seen it looks pretty good. But, of course it's only ready once you two feel it is!

Main queue building is complete!

Exterior view, you can also see the framework for the rest of the infield queue in the background.

Interior view

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Very nice job with the queue so far. Looks more forgiving than the Dragster queue lol.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Very nice job with the queue so far. Looks more forgiving than the Dragster queue lol.

It gets harder once the infield's done, the rest of it consists of curved paths and a switchback section that's at an angle to the rest of the coaster (it's the one they still use). Getting everything placed right will be much harder.

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points

True Addicts
True Addicts

Dusso Janladde wrote:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:

It gets harder once the infield's done, the rest of it consists of curved paths and a switchback section that's at an angle to the rest of the coaster (it's the one they still use). Getting everything placed right will be much harder.

I'm sorry. I suck with scenery too, but sometimes you can wing it if you pick out simple shapes and make those first. As far as getting the angles right, don't forget NL2 has that "reload button" in the scenery tab. I've been constantly re-exporting the same object a dozen or so times until I got it right.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Dusso Janladde wrote:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:

I'm sorry. I suck with scenery too, but sometimes you can wing it if you pick out simple shapes and make those first. As far as getting the angles right, don't forget NL2 has that "reload button" in the scenery tab. I've been constantly re-exporting the same object a dozen or so times until I got it right.

IDK if you noticed, but I'm doing the station and queue with supports, not scenery.

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Are you not working using a satellite photo overlay? If not, it seems like something worth figuring out to save you effort as you go.

dcs221 wrote:
Are you not working using a satellite photo overlay? If not, it seems like something worth figuring out to save you effort as you go.

I have one for the overall park recreation, but made my standalone Kingda Ka without one, by measuring everything with the ruler tool in Google Earth. Didn't know how to do overlays yet when I started it. I'm doing all this work in there then porting it over to the full park recreation when it's done. I could make an overlay for it, but getting it aligned right will be a whole lot of trial and error as I'll need to align it to the coaster instead of vice versa. I may indeed wind up needing to do it to finish the queue. Or, I might just port it over to the park recreation to finish the "outfield" part of the queue and port it back when it's all done.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Dusso Janladde wrote:
IDK if you noticed, but I'm doing the station and queue with supports, not scenery.

Stuff I've been working on is half and half scenery and supports. I assumed the canopy roof was 3DS sorry. I'd really recommend getting the overlay from google earth as well. You'd be amazed how much your eyes and memory can lie to you.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Dusso Janladde wrote:

Stuff I've been working on is half and half scenery and supports. I assumed the canopy roof was 3DS sorry. I'd really recommend getting the overlay from google earth as well. You'd be amazed how much your eyes and memory can lie to you.

The canopy roofs for both the station and queue building are steel box beams with nearly the maximum width (6.5 feet) and nearly the minimum height (0.05 feet). And I'm not working from just eyes and memory, I just said I was using Google Earth's ruler tool to measure distances. That's been sufficient for the coaster, station, and infield queue, but it may not be enough to get the outfield queue right.

Points on hand: 1,038.00 Points
Will you be posting an update download soon? By the way it's looking really cool!
Six Flags Great Adventure is my home park.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Things are now going pretty well. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 1,038.00 Points
Can't wait for future updates! Keep up the good work!!
Six Flags Great Adventure is my home park.

kelcor97 wrote:
Will you be posting an update download soon? By the way it's looking really cool!

I'll post one once I've finished and added the queue, or when anyone else submits finished work and I've integrated it. Haven't worked on it for a bit as I've been busy with christmas stuff.

^ Then are you going to give us some Christmas presents? I'm expecting so! :-)

lol240 wrote:
^ Then are you going to give us some Christmas presents? I'm expecting so! :-)

LOL I didn't mean NL2 stuff, sorry to get your hopes up! I means stuff like shopping, decorating etc.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
And I'll be at my respective park this weekend doing something rides related, just not sure yet. Most of my crews from B:TR and Mr. Freeze have gone to the "snowhill" but I am not sure that is where I will be headed.

^^^ Oh I got it. :oops: + :)

Haven't had much time to work on this lately, but I'll have a small update ready soon. I added the default Enterprise and Swinging Ship rides from NL2 to their proper locations in the park (Spin Meister and Buccaneer) and Ka is getting lights. It'll have custom station lights as well as the default spotlights illuminating the tower. Haven't worked on the queue in a while.

Don't worry. I can feel the progress from your description! :)

Update is up! It's small but it is something.

Custom station lights for Kingda Ka

Ka's station at night with lights on

Ka's tower with spotlights

The right half of the park so far. Buccaneer, Swashbuckler, Big Wheel, Spin Meister (all default NL2 rides) and of course Batman in the background. Spin Meister can go in since they've never put another ride in its spot after removing it.

Download from Google Drive or Dropbox as usual.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Hey I think it all looks great so far, especially the work around Kingda Ka.

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area