Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Another cool NL tool by Buster

Another cool NL tool by Buster

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post January 4th, 2004, 8:09 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
I think everybody's probably going to like this one. I know I did. [:)]

Click the link and read all about it: http://d1jlserver.dnsalias.net/CCDev2/p ... fm?fid=430

Post January 4th, 2004, 8:54 pm

Points on hand: 1,878.00 Points

Post January 5th, 2004, 8:51 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Thats good that is, its going to make adding flanges a LOT quicker, although, by the look of it, you still have to do some of your own flanges. Its only a version 1, so its a good start, yeah nice find

Post January 5th, 2004, 10:09 am

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

As i saw this, i started laughing at GFA. Lol, anyways, this looks sweet, cant wait to see more.

Post January 5th, 2004, 11:50 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

jeez, no longer does it take any talent to build a good coaster. It seems so many tools have been created that its really taking the fun out of the game. I mean the terraformer and that was good, but the track smoother was kinda (r) as you could transform a meer piece of crap into a ultra smooth coaster. Now a program to add custom support flangers. Whats next full auto supports of your track?

Post January 5th, 2004, 11:59 am

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

nah, track builder. yes, i get your point. what is the point of a game where it doesnt take talent, just mere mouseclicks?

Post January 5th, 2004, 6:32 pm

Points on hand: 4,190.00 Points

well....edge - it would be nice if you could save support structures that you created - supporting hyper coasters would become soooo fast. right now, it's taking me more time to support than to do the actual track work!!

Post January 6th, 2004, 3:21 am

Points on hand: 3,503.00 Points
Originally posted by The Edge

jeez, no longer does it take any talent to build a good coaster. It seems so many tools have been created that its really taking the fun out of the game. I mean the terraformer and that was good, but the track smoother was kinda (r) as you could transform a meer piece of crap into a ultra smooth coaster. Now a program to add custom support flangers. Whats next full auto supports of your track?

Well, the smoother can turn a crap coaster in a smooth crap coaster. Nothing more, nothing less. IMO crap stays crap, no matter how good it smells.
Also, I never understood how it is a bad thing when more people can build quality coasters now. Aren't we all enjoying good smooth rides?

As for building flanges: I never had ANY fun whatsoever to build these. To me it was just a pain and a complete waste of time. That's why I made this small tool. Those who actually have fun placing those by hand don't have to use it.

I really don't want to ruin the fun for anybody with my small contributions. If you feel that all those tiny helpers destroy the fun, just don't use them. Nobody is forcing you, really. ;)

As for autosupporter: Well, to my knowledge there's one out allready and people use it on a daily basis.

Buster.

Post January 6th, 2004, 3:38 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I really don't want to ruin the fun for anybody with my small contributions. If you feel that all those tiny helpers destroy the fun, just don't use them. Nobody is forcing you, really. ;)

thanks for your contributions
well said buster

Post January 6th, 2004, 3:49 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

I think the tools are good they help especially help beginners! Oh and that suppor thing is great. I wish it worked on the supports connecting to the track. But maybe in a later version. Good Work

Post January 6th, 2004, 4:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Wow amazing work, well done. I do understand what the Edge is saying, it does seem to suck the fun out of building a pure coaster with no help but there you go. Next you will see a coaster maker whicch builds a coaster and supports to go with it.

Post January 7th, 2004, 1:44 am

Points on hand: 3,503.00 Points
An updated Version is available here:
http://d1jlserver.dnsalias.net/CCDev2/p ... fm?fid=435

Changes:
*sometimes flanges would not be rendered properly and seemed to be missing -fixed
*distance to supportends has been adjusted sligthly
*Long supports are being segmented and additional flanges are placed along the support

Enjoy

Buster.

Post January 9th, 2004, 10:59 am

Points on hand: 1,332.00 Points
Now, That is a very useful tool. You know, supports are favorite part of a rollercoaster and I spend a long time supporting my NoLimits coasters. I once tried to include flanges in my coaster Leviathan. I created them manually, because I'v never heard of this tool before. (guess the tool didn't even exist during that time).
You can download the Leviathan at
url]http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail.asp?tid=2759[/url]

I really hope that the next update of the Autoflanger will add flanges to prefabs too. This tool is very cool. Good job, Buster!

Return to No Limits Coaster