Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Phantasialand 2016: Taron and Raik

Phantasialand 2016: Taron and Raik

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post January 21st, 2016, 2:23 pm

Points on hand: 3,410.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Yeah I'm not understanding the problem with the trains lol. Even if it had the vests like Maverick does now who cares?

Maverick's restraints are fine... They're the same as I305.

Post January 21st, 2016, 5:05 pm

Points on hand: 770.00 Points
COASTERGUY246 wrote:
the mount position matches...

OH GOD PLEASE DONT BE WHAT I THINK IT IS

I`m confused. Are you happy or unhappy about leg restraints? Probably the last. :)

I don`t know if my leggs will be happy if the G-forces are somewhere near to those of Maverick. How did I even survive that ride :D? (back in 2008) I still remember my neck bracing itself at each turn untill this day :).

Post January 21st, 2016, 7:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,410.00 Points
Oblivion wrote:
COASTERGUY246 wrote:
the mount position matches...

OH GOD PLEASE DONT BE WHAT I THINK IT IS

I`m confused. Are you happy or unhappy about leg restraints? Probably the last. :)

I don`t know if my leggs will be happy if the G-forces are somewhere near to those of Maverick. How did I even survive that ride :D? (back in 2008) I still remember my neck bracing itself at each turn untill this day :).

The new restraints are great :D

Post January 21st, 2016, 8:41 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
tfw I've never ridden Maverick
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post January 22nd, 2016, 3:51 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I still love original Intamin lapbars! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post January 22nd, 2016, 8:30 am

There it is! Looking slick.
It really suits the park.

The train is custom made for Phantasialand with use of new natural materials.
You will not be able to touch the bottem plate with your legs and there is more space left between two seats.

Source: http://themepark.nl/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/2286309/21/Phantasialand_2016_Klugheim_me.html

Post January 22nd, 2016, 8:44 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,111.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Those trains look really fantastic! I love the effort Phantasialand are putting into this - should be a really high class attraction.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post January 22nd, 2016, 8:46 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
That's INCREDIBLE. Look at how huge the lap pads are. This is truly a customized train like they describe in the article. The front car wheel bogies!!! I need to see a layout and POV...

Post January 22nd, 2016, 8:50 am
Paradox User avatar

I want this car to launch right into my fat ass.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post January 22nd, 2016, 8:57 am
mkingy User avatar

Have these been expertly photoshopped on or have I manage to miss the pretty major stage of testing...?!
Coaster Count - 198

Post January 22nd, 2016, 9:01 am
Paradox User avatar

mkingy wrote:
Have these been expertly photoshopped on or have I manage to miss the pretty major stage of testing...?!

Looks like a render to me
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post January 22nd, 2016, 9:09 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 16,773.00 Points
awesome train! now, i wonder what Raik's train will look like?

Post January 22nd, 2016, 9:14 am
mkingy User avatar

Paradox wrote:
mkingy wrote:

Looks like a render to me

It's not a full render. Everything is just too detailed, at least scenery and track wise. Perhaps the train has been rendered in as you might be suggesting but I'm not even so sure on that.

edit: Phantasialand Link: http://magazin.phantasialand.de/project-tarons-trein/
Coaster Count - 198

Post January 22nd, 2016, 11:46 am

That article mainly says:

The road from the very first idea and wishes untill the final train design took 2 years.

A condition for a successful project project was to have a combination of experience, know-how, open mind and teamworld to create a train with comfort, design, theme and fun. Everything had to match.
For Taron we found an innovative partner with the qualities to bring this project to life: intamin.
Because Intamin was prepared to take the challenge with full surrender to create our vision. they stood out in every aspect so we started building with them.

We wanted a train that contains all characteristics that are important for the full experience of Taron. This was very important to us. There were no alternatives they were irrelevant.
The train had to fit the track design perfectly. The layout with it`s elements and sudden direction changes and the quality of the track are all together one of the basic ellements for creating an amazing ride.
The train is like the bridge between riders and the track. The train is designed to enhance the ride experience. That`s what we wanted to archief with Taron. By building a very open design the passenger receive an entirely free and unlimited feeling. That`s that extra little touch we want to have during the ride through Klugheim

Another very important factor was the right sitting hight. Only a position that allows the riders to not touch the floor could give that free feeling we want to have. The same matters for restraints. We didn`t want oppressive regular restraints. Max comfort and security without focus from passengers had to enhance the adrenaline kick that Taron has to offer.
For a better free ride experience we wanted much larger open spaces between the seats. Passengers have to experience that free feeling all around them.

Because we want to give the passengers as many comfort as possible we created a continuous floor. That way passengers can easily step in and out there seats to obtain the best capacity that is possible. Also the remaining look had to feel and fit in the entire picture. Our guests have to receive a very pleasant experience. That`s why we only used materials that are found in the daily life. Sitting height, comfort, headrests, lining, restraints, hand grips, look, type of varnish, colors and materials. Everything we discussed and captured during the development proces. Untill the very last step we guided the Intamin engineers.

In numerous tests with the seats we checked every small detail in hight seat, hand grips to be in a pleasent position. Little big little the train is designed by the Intamin engineers and tested by us again. Every little aspect had to be right to obtain the end result wanted to archive for our guests. Even the last centimeters we discussed with intamin untill the very last screw untill everyone was satisfied. It could happen that during the design proces something was completely rejected. That`s how Sebastian Jonas defines the fine tuning. The design for the front coach is completly remade after the first manufacture. We noticed the proportions weren`t right with the rest of the train.

There were many technical factors that pushed the manufacturer to the test. Like the question for the correct placement of magnets for launch, brakes and device for transport wheels.
All this so that these elements do not interfere with each other proved to be a tricky thing.

The same applied to the weight of the train. To obtain the agreed intens launch speed (a short intensive launch) we had to reduce the max weight of the train a lot. We found the solution in the material that is used. Like aluminium for brand new designed chassis. This way we could reduce the total weight compared to a standard coaster train with 1000 kg. Another fine example of customization!

Post January 22nd, 2016, 12:40 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Is the front supposed to be a mutated bull's head?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post January 22nd, 2016, 1:31 pm
Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Is the front supposed to be a mutated bull's head?

The ride's logo features a bull/ram thing so I wouldn't be surprised if it was. It could be something original though since this entire area will have an original storyline.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post January 22nd, 2016, 1:44 pm

Jup almost no doub that is a ram. It makes the ride look more powerfull. Boosting itself smashing into everything (figuratively). Maybe the story tells you are a ram hopping from one rock to another? :p proably not.
I`m curious about the launch. They really try to do everything to make it so quick as possible despite the short launch strip.

Post January 22nd, 2016, 1:47 pm

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 16,773.00 Points
^don't you mean "launches", as there's more than one (it's a "Multiple Launch Coaster")?

Post January 22nd, 2016, 1:55 pm

skyscraper wrote:
^don't you mean "launches", as there's more than one (it's a "Multiple Launch Coaster")?

You`re absolutely right :). I`m living up to the experience of the first launch. Almost to hyped about it that I forget to mention the second :).

My first Intamin Launch coaster was Rita The Queen of Speed during it`s opening year. I thought it was badass back then. Now it is just ok. (I have ridden Stealth & Top Thrill Dragster in the meantime)
Even if Taron would have a weak ride experience like Rita it still would be kinda awesome with double of it`s lenght and double launch. But telling by it`s looks (rapid turns) Taron won`t be weak at all.

Post January 25th, 2016, 4:20 am

I do want to see Taron run like CP's Marvy! Quick and "forceful" turns are identical with those of Marvy! :)

Post February 6th, 2016, 10:57 am

Some new stuff from Tobi
It looks like the lifthills are becoming indoor

Some non official impressions from the building process in this video

Post February 6th, 2016, 6:50 pm

This is the next gen "BMR-X!" 8-)

Post February 7th, 2016, 3:37 am
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
Making the lifthill of Raik indoor is a great way to let it run through the Mystery area of the park while still separating it!

Just a bit less than 1.5 months before the park is opening. I'm wondering if the whole area will be finished in time or if we have to wait till the summer.

Post February 11th, 2016, 8:05 pm
Paradox User avatar

This will be the perfect ride to complement the intensity of Taron! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!