Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Greatest anticipation...

Greatest anticipation...

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 14th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Have you ever anticipated riding a great looking coaster only to be let down or have your expectations blown away?

I have yet to ride TTD, but I think it might let me down. I'm not sure if that long of a wait is worth a 15 second ride.

Not really a coaster in particular, but when I first went to Universal Studios: Islands of Adventure, I was completly blown away by the detail and atmosphere of the whole park.

Post September 14th, 2004, 3:24 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Superman: The escape strongly let me down. Waiting in line, I was watching how high the trains were flying and I was actually getting nervous yet excited. All hyped up I climb into the car and lock myself in and hang on tight. Onc the ride launches I was like "Yea!! This is *voice calms down*....fast..." The launch was good and then it was like "So what...I'm hitting 100 mph on this long straightaway. We climbed up the tower and I got all excited as we began going vertical and then I was like "Uh...where's the 6 seconds of weightlessness? What a letdown." My younger brother, breaking him into the coaster world remained calm throughout the ride and was a bit let down too. The ride either had bad rides that day or the ride just is simply dull. I've only ridden it once and I'm afraid that TTD would end up like S:TE as an over-rated coaster.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post September 14th, 2004, 4:28 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Well, for me and for everyone probably if you all think about it, my first ride on a major coaster was what I anticipated most and was blown away by it. First major thing I went on was Nemesis, I was absolutely blown away, I have been a coaster enthusiast ever since.

But since then, I suppose my most anticipated thing was my trip to America, I was anicipating that it was going to be great, better than parks in England anyway and I was not disapointed, infact I was so blown away by how much better just the pure qualtiy of rides is there that I am going again next spring/summer/fall......a long trip hahaha.

Post September 14th, 2004, 4:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Well....for major disappointment:
Superman: Ultimate Flight. It's just not that good of a ride. The pretzel loop is fairly astonishing, but other than that, the ride is seriously mainly uncomfortable and boring.

And the ride that exceeded expectations:
Cornball Express. Watching trains run through the track, the ride looks like it may be a bit slow at times, but once I was riding in the back seat, you instantly realize how amazing this thing is right off the bat on the first drop.

Post September 14th, 2004, 6:15 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Biggest Letdown: Son Of Beast @ PKI (looks so great from the ground, but oh-so-crappy to ride.)

Bggest Surprise: The Legend @ Holiday World (I expected The Raven was going to be good, but this one just took me by complete surprise. If you want to hear more about my complete shock while riding this, check out my Holiday World park review in a day or two.)

Post September 17th, 2004, 12:45 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

HSXLC was a complete let down for me at PKD. I mean, sure it is fast and all ... but a 2.5 hour wait for a 15 second ride peppered with air brakes on the ascension ... Boooooooo
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post September 17th, 2004, 2:26 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
The Wild Wild West ride at Warner Bros Movie World Germany. I was really looking forward to it, but due to the design of the restraints, and me being quite skinny, the restraint was pushing into my chest on every bump on the ride, I came off feeling quite ill. And they've gotthe crappiest queing system you've ever seen.

Post September 17th, 2004, 7:32 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Either Roller Coaster @ Lagoon, or Roar @ SFMW. I thought Roller Coaster would have a lot of ejector air, and a good ride, but it was extremely rough and the restraints have 12 clicks meaning its very easy to get stapled, and then you cant feel the air. I was expecting Roar to be a very fun ride, but the Millennium Flyer trains were very uncomfortable and had stapling restraints, and the ride was just boring, had basicly no airtime (some light floater at the end, too bad the restraints staple so you don't float at all).

Post September 17th, 2004, 7:46 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
for me @ warner bros movie world madrid, i thought wild wild west would be fun because the speed, but ather riding i noticed that there even wasn't airtime or high lateral g's.... That really sucked!

Also on diablo @ port aventura, i thought the backweards ride would be fun but it's totally not rideable backweards with hands up, even with hold on tight it was diffcult to ride.... [xx(]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post September 17th, 2004, 9:20 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Biggest letdown = Raging Bull. Aside from the drop from the back seat, the rest was pure bordem. Even the rest of my family whos into coasters, but not like myself agreed, nothing at all.

Biggest Suprise = between Cornball and Viper (SFGAm). Viper moreso because I had no clue it was even that good a ride. Cornball I had an idea going in, but it still exceeded those expectations. Love that ride.

Post September 17th, 2004, 10:33 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by Angry_Gumball

Superman: The escape strongly let me down...

Its just crap.[approve] But except for the launch, I wasn't expecting much. Scream! was a let down. I thought it would be fun, but, it was like one of those, when your smiling during the ride, but the fun goes away right after you finish, nothing to talk about. Thus making it crap imo.
Biggest Surprise - Xcelerator, for being so dang short, its so dang fun. Wish I could ride it continuosly though.[^]

Post September 17th, 2004, 11:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

I thought the new modified Vertical Velocity @ SFMW was gonna suck due to shortened height and such a long straight section hanging peeps over teh entrance, and the ride looked ultra slow all up until I got on it. It was actually better than the original! Everyone got to experience the twist, while some stalling upside down towards the end of the ride and although the rear drop is shortened and the front seat doesn't get completely vertical, (I rode the rear seat) I felt the same floater sensation, just 30 feet closer to the ground. I think they did a good job on their modification.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post September 17th, 2004, 11:36 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

biggest letdown- texas gaint (SFOT)

biggest surprize(S): X, it is pure awesomness, altho some peeps say it is crap, and it is very short, it is still incredibly cool, there is no experince quite like it.
and my other biggest surprize was Goliath (SFMM), it kinda looks like a normal hyper, but the ride has some great turns and airtime (sit in the back)

<<GRIM>>

Return to General Theme Park Discussions