Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions what do you see in the future

what do you see in the future

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post January 8th, 2004, 9:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
i was wondering what some of you's think the future of coaster's will be. I myself like many think the ride experience will get better and the ride's wont go much higher. I do however (for somereason) see B&M building a new coaster type that will exceed a 300ft drop and a launched coaster to add compition to Intamin but never beat the height and speed record's of Intamin. I see a +300ft Intamin popping up somewhere in europe. I also expect more flying coaster's that also use land to make it better (sorrta like air). I expect that woodie's will be woodies and pretty much stay the same. I see arrow making a sucessful 4D ride somewhere and S&S to also be building more and more coasters. I dont think the screamin squrrel will catch on because it looks way to unsafe for me to ride it and it has lame speed. Also i expect more Intamin looping coaster's like Colossus to show up except i dont expect them all to have 10 inversions

Post January 8th, 2004, 10:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,111.00 Points
I see the looping concept dying out pretty quickly. Inversions are yesterday's news, they get boring to many enthusiasts, and to some of my GP friends too, and the whole standup-floorless-invert-flying thing, which is just an effort to prolong the life of the looper, will not be long lived. I forsee the hyper, minihyper, and woodie being the most built coasters for quite a while in the relatively near future, as the ride qualities are far superior to to loopers, and they just don't get boring as fast. An air hill will never die out, as the loop will. Coasters won't be built to shatter records, but to make top 10 shows on TV for publicity, therefore, they will build them more exciting rather then taller or loopier.

Thats just my opinion though.

Post January 9th, 2004, 2:54 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

I see more cloned loopers, but new train mods to give riders a comfortable ride such as padded cushy seating, shocks in wheel assemblies, inflatable tires like on thrust air, and possibly virtual coasters where a rider gets to design a coaster, like in NL (using a more 'average GP person'-friendly interface with premade supports)and ride it in a motion simulator, as a pay to design, free to public to ride a given choices of coasters, given a half hour to design their coaster, and go ride it in a motion simulated theater.

Post January 10th, 2004, 10:42 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

i see more looping woodies and more flyer too. I also see a re-incarnation of the arrow suspended coaster but made by B&M or Intamin

Post January 19th, 2004, 9:57 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
i think that the hype will die down over the next few years but as 2010 and 2025 come around, they will get much much bigger. i predict a 1000 foot ride within the next 50 years.

Post January 20th, 2004, 1:57 am

i also predict that health authorities will get a law passed so coasters can't have g's over 4.5
and prediction number 3 (4 for those of you who can count):
i predict that six flags will go bankrupt within 100 yrs and most of their parks will close

Post January 20th, 2004, 8:19 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I see less and less B&Ms being built, since everyone will eventually realize they are all the same. I also see CP getting way less popular, because the coasters there get boring quickly, and nobody will want to ride them that much anymore.

I agree with nightride about the looping concept dying out quickly, because inversions really do nothing in terms of intensity, and they aren't very exciting (unless its an Arrow loop, which of course aren't built anymore). They look intimidating to alot of people, but people will realize in the future that loopers get boring and the ride experiences are basicly all the same.

Post January 30th, 2004, 6:00 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

I see 400 ft. high intamin gigas with huge overbanked turns, huge loops, and triple 0g rolls(like buster's) each time one is built a new inversion is used in it, also each time, smaller, but safer restraints will be used, that give that open-air feeling(like MF) and faster cable lifts(20m.p.h. or so)

thats what I think,
<<GRIM>>

Post February 3rd, 2004, 8:51 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
I see 500 foot coaster "ExoCoasters" [:p]. As for loopers, I see them all being made with lapbars only in the future! I HOPE AT LEAST!

Post February 3rd, 2004, 10:37 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I see S&S power becoming the premier manufacturer of coasters right next to Intamin in the future, and a reincarnation of the "Quality, not height" thinking due to economic limits and pressure from coaster enthusiasts. I see Cedar Point building a picturesque out-and-back woodie along its beach, and Holiday World rising to power with a massive expansion project. Also, I will emerge from engineering school and make a personal jump into the world of coaster designing.

Post February 3rd, 2004, 10:51 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points
I aswell see S&S Power becoming more of a premier manufacturer. Also Intamin will be up there, too. I see B&M becoming less popular and going bankrupt because people will find there coasters to tame and all the same. I don't think Cedar Point will become less popular, nor become more popular. I think it will stay the same popularity wise. I can picture more 4-D coasters in the future, and some more Intamin Gigas.

Post February 4th, 2004, 3:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

i see in thee future a stupid ride hahaha i think B&M will go up and more better parks in canada cause so many chinese people are coming here (sorry) but i do see more advanced coasters like 4D and more roket coasters

Post February 7th, 2004, 12:03 am

Actually, I see Rocket coasters that do more than just launch, go up a hill, down, and end. Like a rocket coaster thats 3 minutes long with the launch, the tophat, some turns, hills, more turns, hills, and just a whole big layout to burn the speed off.

Post February 8th, 2004, 5:34 am

Points on hand: 3,008.00 Points
(BAD idea I know)
I see a 400ft coaster popping up in The Netherlands **hint**

No really, I see intamin at the front, S&S becoming better, B&M changing their "policy" abit, GG doing alot of funny woodies, vekoma trying to become bigger and better. I think at least....

Post February 9th, 2004, 12:48 pm

Vekoma would be awesome if they made some megalooping custom coasters. It would be like Arrow megaloopers reborn, only not as good, they would sure look similar though! lol

Post February 9th, 2004, 12:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
Originally posted by Cygnus12

Vekoma would be awesome if they made some megalooping custom coasters. It would be like Arrow megaloopers reborn, only not as good, they would sure look similar though! lol

Intamin does have inversion's, so mabye they'd rebourn megaloopers. That'd be awesome to have a Intamin like MF finish out with a couple of inversions

Post February 9th, 2004, 4:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

GG doing alot of funny woodies

What do you mean? It sounds like your saying wood are just fun little rides...if you mean that, I'd like to say that wood are the most thrilling coasters out there. Most steelies = kiddy rides.

Post February 9th, 2004, 4:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,008.00 Points
i didnt mean dumb, stupid, or timy. Just fun to ride, good etc.

Post February 18th, 2004, 8:49 pm

wood deliver a better ride, but steel are easier to maintain and look more threataning. to me, if a park was going to build a wood ride r a steel ride, i'd go with the wood. unless it was so huge that it just wasnt worth it (son of beast)

Post February 20th, 2004, 9:48 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
You guys all seem to think the loop is dying out. Well, maybe, but you are probably all going to be wrong. Maybe the inversion coaster isn't the greatest to US, the hard-core enthusiast, but it's many times the flips and inversions that get the general public, who think the more loops, the crazier and more intense, etc. We know better, but those others who don't think about this stuff daily, see looping coasters as the best and craziest coaster machines out there. That's why the looping coaster probably won't die out for a while. That's just how I see it. The general public sees looping as different, unusual, and that's what they want to ride...the crazy multi-inverting B&M coasters.

Post February 21st, 2004, 11:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

hey maybe in the futre roller coasters wont have rails !!!!!!!tha'd be wierd.

Post February 22nd, 2004, 6:51 am

lol, no rails = no coaster! its gotta have rails [;)] as for the looping rides, i doubt that they'd die out because even though the hard core enthusiasts here get tired of them, there are plenty of hardcore enthusiasts elsewhere that love the loops. i, for one like loops.. but i do have to admit that the b&m looping rides have gotten quite boring.

Post February 22nd, 2004, 9:57 am

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points
Originally posted by screamomatic

hey maybe in the futre roller coasters wont have rails !!!!!!!tha'd be wierd.

I guess we can just call that an airplane.[:p]

Post February 22nd, 2004, 10:59 am

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

Originally posted by coaster992001

but i do have to admit that the b&m looping rides have gotten quite boring.

yeah, because the same layout and the elements are on almost every ride they make lol.

Post February 22nd, 2004, 9:25 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

Originally posted by eZe7789
yeah, because the same layout and the elements are on almost every ride they make lol.

there basicly are no more new safe elements that designers can use.

>[}:)]<<GRIM>>[}:)]<
?????????copyright 2188, GRIM

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions