Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Xcelerator @ KBF got stuck on the top hat

Xcelerator @ KBF got stuck on the top hat

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post February 7th, 2016, 12:42 am

Points on hand: 1,900.00 Points
rcdude wrote:
Yes, Xcelerator did get stuck on the top hat during morning testing on Sunday, January 31st, and this is the first time it has happened on this particular coaster (though other accelerator coasters have gotten stuck). It was a fairly wet and windy day (at least by So Cal standards), so I'm assuming those were the main factors in the incident. The park was able to get the train down by putting the coaster into manual mode and launching the catch car to shake the top hat, eventually causing the train to roll over and complete the circuit. I do not know if the ride opened on Sunday, but I was at the park the following day (Monday, February 1st), and while the ride was closed in the morning due to wind it opened in the early afternoon and was running normally until I left around 5 P.M.

It opened around 4pm that day.

Post February 11th, 2016, 12:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
This past summer, i visted Cedar Point and watched this almost happen to a train on Dragster. It was going up the tower noticeably slower, and then right at the top it almost came to a stop, barely made it over haha. A rollback happened shortly after, and the next day the ride was closed until about 3pm. I was kind of jealous watching the rollback, since it was only a couple trains in front of me getting on.

Post February 12th, 2016, 2:03 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
I knew it would only be a matter of days that someone would post it on YouTube. What a lucky film!

Post February 12th, 2016, 12:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
Ugh...this just makes me want to head down to Knotts for a ride on this. I still prefer Xcelerator to TTD and KK.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Post February 12th, 2016, 2:43 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Manic Monte wrote:
Ugh...this just makes me want to head down to Knotts for a ride on this. I still prefer Xcelerator to TTD and KK.

Having ridden both KK and Xcelerator, I must say that Xcelerator's launch is much better than KK's and also much more forceful. KK's launch doesn't really do much besides go fast.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post February 13th, 2016, 10:55 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
How would you like to get stuck on the unsupported part? That sounds freakin' cool to us! ;) + :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions