Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Project 271 - Intamin Skycoaster

Project 271 - Intamin Skycoaster

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 18th, 2016, 11:17 am

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Most of my projects have been showcased once they were around 50% complete. While this obviously has its advantages, I kind of miss the way I did it with my first ever project on the forums. You know, showing the design process and seeing the coaster grow from a simple track to an actual coaster in a developed area. And, like that really old project, this one has a mathematical number in the name.

The reason in this case (minding the fact that I like those names) is related to two of the Euler's number properties. "e" is a real number. But "e" is also a irrational number. And I thing that sums up this project pretty well. It's realistic, because it could be built in real life. But it's irrational because I don't think nobody would ever pay the price this coaster would cost. So now let's take a look at some of the key points:

- Track: this may be my favourite layout ever (or should I say yet :p). I wanted it to look like something Intamin could have built back in 200-2005. Therefore the main inspiration was Millennium Force. I really like MF's layout, I think it's very unique and iconic. But as it's detractors say, it lacks some airtime and excitement. I wanted to adress that points, so apart from adding more hills, I took some inspiration from newer Intamin megas, like Goliath and Expedition GeForce. Let's see some statistics:

. Height: +-175m
. Lenght: +- 3895m
. Speed: +- 200km/h

As you can see, it's a beast. I will comment a bit more on this later on this post.

- Supports: this is the part I have more doubts on. On one hand, I would like to make a MF's style support structure, as it's obviuosly more beautiful and impressive. On the other hand, EGF's style looks like would be a better fit, mostly because of the rolling drop. I will probably make both versions to see which one looks better, but until then I'd like to see your opinion. Regardless of the style, supporting such a big coaster is going to be a pain in the ass lol

- Scenery/environment: I don't have a clear idea of the scenery yet, but have in mind it won't be nothing crazy, as a coaster of this style doesn't really need great theming. Just some basic theming and a park's area. The terrain here will be similar to the one in Hraesvelgr. Having the ride enclosed between mountains allow me to restrain the view from the coaster, something really important for me, specially on a coaster this big. Plus, I don't think anybody will ever complain for a nice setting:

So now this basic things are more or less explained, let's see some pics of the layout:

This may be my favorite part: stengel dive into a flat turn into a S-hill into ejector bunny hops. One of those more exciting parts I feel Millenium Force lacks.

Now, I told you this was a beast right? You can tell by the numbers, but I wasn't really conscious of how big is it until I compared it to the Giga lift I had in the same FVD file. Since that was just a lift, I've imported AyTrane's fantastic MF recreation:

So that's is for now. Hope you find this style of presentation entertaining. Please comment, specially about what style of supports you would use :)

Post February 18th, 2016, 12:32 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Oh my god that is absolutely HUGE!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post February 18th, 2016, 12:51 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
maybe I'm crazy, but a project like this shouldn't be set in the mountains, I think it would look really nice set between sky scrapers and other city type buildings.
What are these for?

Post February 20th, 2016, 3:13 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Man, that thing is fantastic - you can really see the mix of Intamin styles in there and the whole thing looks like it flows well and maintains its excitement!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post July 26th, 2016, 12:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
So I started working on this again... It's too soon to show any progress, but here is a POV I recorded months ago to ask for feedback:

Post July 26th, 2016, 12:25 pm

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 16,648.00 Points
Dapalm wrote:
So I started working on this again... It's too soon to show any progress, but here is a POV I recorded months ago to ask for feedback:

wow, the first drop looks absolutely insane!

Post July 26th, 2016, 1:26 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
It's a bit gradual at the beginning but since you're going like 110mph I don't see that getting fixed without killing people. It reminds me of a much bigger and long version of Millennium Force.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 26th, 2016, 11:13 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
That rolling plunge made me think like "What if Expedition GeForce really had that element on the first drop?" because that moment should be one of Intamin standard parts!

8-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Hard Hat Area