Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

[NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
Bizarro is complete to my satisfaction and ready for placement!

screenshot-2016-03-06-00-44-34.png

screenshot-2016-03-06-00-45-07.png

screenshot-2016-03-06-00-45-34.png

Once it's placed, let me know what you guys think?
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Looks really great! I need to say thanks for the last photo showing the short twist before a drop as I'll be able to get the hang of making that "small but important" segment look solid in the future.

:)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Okay, so first, let me start by saying I've had quite a bit of free time on my hands... I decided to take the liberty of putting doing Green Lantern because I hadn't seen pics of any one doing it on the thread, so here you go :D

As it stands now, the track is within 40 ft. of the real life track, the height and speed are exact (155ft. tall/63mph)

screenshot-2016-03-06-17-10-15.png

screenshot-2016-03-06-17-10-56.png

screenshot-2016-03-06-17-11-06.png

screenshot-2016-03-06-17-11-29.png
-DechLave T.P Ent.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Holy crap. I leave this thread for 4 days and all this happens! Amazing!

I hate to be picky, especially considering all the amazing things that I have seen in 4 days, the curves of El Toro just don't "Look" right to me. They don't seem as "parabolic curvy" as they should be to me, if that makes any sense. Additionally, little tweaks with Nitro I see could be made. Such as the piece of track leading out of the station isn't as straight for as long IRL as it is in game, as well as the turn around after the first 2 airtime hills, the "snapping" isn't spot on like the ride.

As I said, little things that only my OCD care about and are useless for overall look of the rides. Nevertheless, amazing work guys, so glad to see my hope park coming to life in NL2!

DechLave wrote:
Bizarro is complete to my satisfaction and ready for placement!

screenshot-2016-03-06-00-44-34.png

screenshot-2016-03-06-00-45-07.png

screenshot-2016-03-06-00-45-34.png

Once it's placed, let me know what you guys think?

Looks great! I wonder who gets to place the fire effect for the dive loop?

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
^ mods double posting
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Points on hand: 520.00 Points
Yea the rebirth of this project is nice to see. Fine tuning is needed here and there but we have a great start. Dechlave is on a roll with the coasters.

^ TOO MUCH FREE TIME MAN! LOL

But, I've started supporting Green Lantern and it's now 2ft. away from having the exact track length!

screenshot-2016-03-06-19-52-59.png

I've also become quite proud of my B&M corkscrew shaping :D

screenshot-2016-03-06-19-53-28.png

And another view of the supports... Once the supports are done, I'll back and fix the footers to make them the "appropriate" height.

screenshot-2016-03-06-19-54-12.png
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
That is a really circular vertical loop...
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

I wondered if it was too circular... the track is 100% handbuilt, so there is a possibility that it is a bit circular. I'll go back and work on it.

Thanks for the input

EDIT:
screenshot-2016-03-06-20-23-35.png

screenshot-2016-03-06-20-24-06.png

Better?
-DechLave T.P Ent.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Did you use a googlemaps image as like a blueprint?

^I did not actually, I went based soley off of reference pics that I found from various sites. Why do you ask?
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 4,598.00 Points
DechLave wrote:
^Yea, I actually just saw the thread on the NLE, I didn't know it was on there too? I saw that JetStream was working on it but, he hasn't posted anything about it in awhile. I'm off to a good start and I'd be glad to take it on but, I want to make sure its okay with Dusso and everyone else who's "in charge" (for lack of better terms) of the project before I REALLY start to work on it.

Consider it a competition. If I get multiple recreations of the same coaster, I'll check out all of them and put the best one in. I'm ready to put Bizarro in whenever you send it to me! Also, if you've got an updated Nitro with the third bunny hill drop fixed (it shouldn't go all the way down to the ground) I can put that in too.

Mkj332 wrote:
I actually think this will look decent with the coaster surrounding it and trees / plants in front.

That's looking really good, I hope we can manage to make a working Skyride as well!

@Dusso Alright, what I'll do is send you Bizarro, Green Lantern (once it's complete) and a revised version of Nitro all in the same park file and you can place them in their appropriate places.

@Mkj332 I'll also send you the same park file I'm sending Dusso so you can work 3ds as you wish.

Once again, thanks to everyone for the feedback! I'm glad to be a part of this project :D
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
TTD03 wrote:
^ where lol?

mods deleting their posts to avoid looking like they double posted
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

*My apologies for the double post*

Green Lantern is complete and has the exact 4,155ft. track length!

screenshot-2016-03-07-14-57-34.png

screenshot-2016-03-07-14-58-00.png

screenshot-2016-03-07-14-59-12.png

screenshot-2016-03-07-14-59-43.png

screenshot-2016-03-07-15-00-46.png

Let me know what you guys think about the colors, I feel as if the green track is bit too bright?

screenshot-2016-03-07-15-07-27.png
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 520.00 Points
The Greens a bit bright, I'd also add a very slight tint of to the yellow of the loop as I believe in person it's not perfectly yellow, but a bit darker. Like a mustard yellow.
Last edited by Mkj332 on March 7th, 2016, 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

True Addicts
True Addicts

I would see about getting a GoogleMaps image to build over. They can't be trusted 100% because the edges bend where they stitch images together and they're often not taken directly overhead, but you've be surprised how stretched out some things are and how your eyes/memories can really trick the hell out of you. It looks like you've got the heights lined up fine so nothing major should happen if you get a hold of a Googlemaps blueprint. I was provided one since I'm working on the CP recreation so I can't help you get one and scale it sorry (I really should finish that. I need to make literally 4 stairscases and it's done but I'm sooooooo lazy.....)

Double-checking the drop may be useful as I recall GL has a 45 degree drop and Mantis has a 52 or 53 degree drop, so your drop from the side view should be easy to gauge from the sides using in game grid. We're both recreating almost the same ride, just yours is less violent and stretched out in the first half while having a decent ending instead of farting around in a terrible figure-8 like Mantis did. Green Lantern's first half stretched out somewhere, and I haven't been able to figure out exactly where.

Also use very dark grey instead of black, it makes the in-game textures pop out properly.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
I would see about getting a GoogleMaps image to build over. They can't be trusted 100% because the edges bend where they stitch images together and they're often not taken directly overhead, but you've be surprised how stretched out some things are and how your eyes/memories can really trick the hell out of you. It looks like you've got the heights lined up fine so nothing major should happen if you get a hold of a Googlemaps blueprint. I was provided one since I'm working on the CP recreation so I can't help you get one and scale it sorry (I really should finish that. I need to make literally 4 stairscases and it's done but I'm sooooooo lazy.....)

Double-checking the drop may be useful as I recall GL has a 45 degree drop and Mantis has a 52 or 53 degree drop, so your drop from the side view should be easy to gauge from the sides using in game grid. We're both recreating almost the same ride, just yours is less violent and stretched out in the first half while having a decent ending instead of farting around in a terrible figure-8 like Mantis did. Green Lantern's first half stretched out somewhere, and I haven't been able to figure out exactly where.

Also use very dark grey instead of black, it makes the in-game textures pop out properly.

There are park files with included Google Earth Pro (4800x4800 pixel) overlays for all the major coasters linked in the original post. I strongly recommend that everyone use them, it will ensure that your coaster and any related scenery objects are placed and rotated properly. You do need to enable the overlay yourself in the editor's preferences. Here are the links again:

Nitro, Overlay, colors, station music, car textures, transfer/storage, station, pre-lift, lift feeders, lift, almost all footers.

El Toro, Overlay, colors, train logos, station, transfer/storage, holding brake.

Runaway Mine train, Overlay and station music.

Bizarro, Overlay, colors, station, storage/transfer, holding brake.

Superman, Overlay only.

Green Lantern, Overlay only.

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Bizzaro had only the station and Green Latrena has nothing in the park.

cool5 wrote:
Bizzaro had only the station and Green Latrena has nothing in the park.

As I said, you have to enable the overlays. There's a nl2ovl file and a jpg in each one. Extract the package, open the extracted park in the editor, go to file>preferences>overlay, click load, and select the nl2ovl file in the park's folder. This is basic stuff and anyone recreating a coaster for this project should have known it already.

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Has bizarro and green latern been added to the main park file?

cool5 wrote:
Has bizarro and green latern been added to the main park file?

No, I have not received them yet. Only Ka, Toro, Batman and Nitro are in, and I'm working on placing PDC scenery.

BIZARRO NUMBER ONE!

Stand up to your fear!

This side of the park is looking really good now!

Nitro is updated as well.

Download the updated park from Google Drive or Dropbox.

The next order of business... Superman. I know TallonD83 and Blase Rhine were working on it and pretty much had only supports left to do. You guys there? How's it coming?

That looks great! I still cant believe I got Bizarro and Green Lantern done as fast as I did (i know i already said this but) I'm genuinely pleased and surprised with how all 3 of them turned out! Dusso, KK's station is looking really nice and Mkj332's 3d work is also looking really good... I love how this is coming together as a whole! Now that Superman is only main coaster left, are we planning on adding any of the smaller/miscellaneous coasters?
-DechLave T.P Ent.

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area