Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Virtual Towers Online

Virtual Towers Online

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post January 4th, 2016, 7:16 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Fantastic update - great to hear about the demo - certainly looking forward to that!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post January 5th, 2016, 6:11 pm

Points on hand: 1,084.00 Points
Here's our first blog-style update featuring team member Dave, talking about what progress he's made doing Hex's vault features, and the FINAL, yes FINAL POV of Air!

Stay tuned for further videos from this channel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QxHxAd ... e=youtu.be

Post January 25th, 2016, 12:10 pm

So it's been a couple weeks, and we've all been working very hard on Hex and the surrounding area! Boz and Pete have done some excellent work animating each scene and the vault for Unreal, as well as Boz making this amazing model of the stairs that would lie between the Octagon and the conservatory.

Janey has done some more work on custom drawings, and has produced these replicas of the drawings inside the Vault, and they look great!

Code has spent some time modelling the entrance to Dark Forest, and helped make some bins for the area look more realistic.

I've been modelling the landscape for the entire Dark Forest/Cloud Cuckoo Land area and got quite far with a nice looking area shaping up.

Ben has been making some amazing theming elements, as well as the entrance signs to the AT resort, the queue fencing and scaffolding within the Octagon.

Dave has beautifully recreated the fallen branch that lies within the Vault, with chains to hold it down later added by Code.

This is all from us for now, things are beginning to come together really nicely so keep an eye on our page!

Post January 26th, 2016, 2:58 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Whoa, f**kin' authentic! Just keep up with these historical structures! :shock: + :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post January 26th, 2016, 7:45 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 16,633.00 Points

Post January 28th, 2016, 9:27 am

^ Yeah, same feeling! 8-)

Assuming that *epic* thoughts of creators are even shown in these drawings! :D

Post January 28th, 2016, 10:08 am

^^^^just noticed that the safety bars are missing from the ride- are you going to add them?

Post January 29th, 2016, 3:32 am
mkingy User avatar

skyscraper wrote:
^^^^just noticed that the safety bars are missing from the ride- are you going to add them?

I should think they will considering the amount of detail they're going into :D :P
Coaster Count - 198

Post January 30th, 2016, 4:12 pm

The safety bars are present in the full build, they're currently a separate model to the actual gondola as they have their own animation within the entire sequence, so they're not visible on the gondola model :)

Post February 3rd, 2016, 11:31 am

With the recent removal of Ripsaw, here???s our tribute. Detoxing survivors of Nemesis for 18 years, the giant device has stood in Forbidden Valley cutting it since 1997 and was only removed in 2015. We have fond memories of this ride, what about you?

Post February 4th, 2016, 4:44 am

DanSm1l3r wrote:
Detoxing survivors of Nemesis for 18 years, the giant device has stood in Forbidden Valley cutting it since 1997 and was only removed in 2015.

Didn't know that it had such a backstory. Great tip-off! :)

Post March 4th, 2016, 4:47 pm

A special video has gone on our channel today, the second in our blog style updates, featuring Pete and Dave talking about the latest progress in Unreal. With several unique pictures of the work on Galactica's track, and even the first ON RIDE FOOTAGE, this is a big turning point for us. There's 25 minutes here, so plenty of information for you, all about how we've done the trackwork and animations, the latest on Dave's work with trees, and the future plans. Any doubts that have ever been had should hopefully be put to bed with this video, alongside the second event that took place last week. Last Wednesday I joined Mike Sheets (nSeven) on the NL2Cast to talk about Virtual Towers Online and the changes made since we made the move from NoLimits 2 to the Unreal Engine. This is a full hour long podcast, and clears up a lot of controversy surrounding the move we made. On top of this, here are some screenshots directly from the engine for anyone who doesn't have the time to watch the whole video.

Enjoy these two features from us, and we hope to see you all soon!

Virtual Towers Update #2: Dave and Pete talk Galactica and Trees
NL2Cast Episode 16: DanSm1l3r and Virtual Towers Online

Post March 5th, 2016, 3:09 am

Post March 5th, 2016, 4:21 am
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points

Post March 6th, 2016, 8:20 am

The reason why I like "Air" (now renamed Galactica) is that I can enjoy beautiful gardens! :)

Post June 3rd, 2016, 5:33 am

Sorry for the long delay in any updates but Hex is now finished and released! We released our Demo of Virtual Towers Online on the 30th May to rave reviews! If you want your own download link, follow this and download! Then unzip the package, run the file and enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-g-bY ... ZyMTg/view

We're bringing out updates from Phase 1 as soon as we get started, so watch out Facebook page for the first indicators! #SmileAlways

Post June 3rd, 2016, 6:03 am
mkingy User avatar

Showed the youtube video walkthrough to people at my work, everyone was super impressed by the realism!
Coaster Count - 198

Post June 3rd, 2016, 9:51 am

DanSm1l3r wrote:
Sorry for the long delay in any updates but Hex is now finished and released! We released our Demo of Virtual Towers Online on the 30th May to rave reviews! If you want your own download link, follow this and download! Then unzip the package, run the file and enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-g-bY ... ZyMTg/view

We're bringing out updates from Phase 1 as soon as we get started, so watch out Facebook page for the first indicators! #SmileAlways

i tried downloading the file, but it wouldn't work! :cry:

Post May 9th, 2017, 2:29 pm

So it goes without saying it's been a LONG time since I updated here, and truth be told, I just don't have time to update absolutely every media platform we're covered on. So it's time to pass on the torch for updates to you guys, the fans, since as our social media rep I'm now condensing my efforts to managing our messages on Facebook, as well as our Twitter feed. I'll always poke my head in from time to time but I'll no longer be transferring every update into this topic. I'd love for you guys to keep it going because let's face it, we love bringing you the updates, and we want as many people to see them as possible. So this is me signing off for now, over to you guys!

Post May 9th, 2017, 8:18 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Don't burn yourself out for others for free...
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 23rd, 2017, 1:03 am
mkingy User avatar

Virtual Towers Online wrote:
Our apologies for the lack of updates recently, the team is a bit all over the place at the moment, or just simply working on stuff that we don't think is worth posting.
One of us has been abroad for over a week, another has just started a new job, another has just been working almost non stop the last two weeks, and another's computer has died yet again. Two others aren't really able to do much at this point as they're stuck waiting for me to complete the current stuff I'm doing, and as for me I've been busy with back end stuff that most people wouldn't really find very interesting.

However, coming up in two weeks time we will be having our big annual team meet up, with all 8 of us on resort between the 2nd and 5th of June.
So expect plenty of updates from us over that weekend, and following that we will have hopefully collected enough raw data to allow us to make another massive push on getting Hex revamped for Phase 1, as well as a number of other things that have stalled at the moment.

Thanks for sticking with us everyone.
- Boz
Coaster Count - 198

Post September 2nd, 2017, 5:41 am
mkingy User avatar

Coaster Count - 198

Previous

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2