Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area {NL2} Dechlave's Westland Point - Park Update 7/16

{NL2} Dechlave's Westland Point - Park Update 7/16

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
Westland Point originally opened in 1980 under the ownership of William Hapstall. Original concept plans presented the project as an entertainment complex which would have included a zoo, an amusement park, shopping district and campground. Hapstall got the idea for such a project from Warner LeRoy who had opened Great Adventure a few years prior; the two would later become business partners.

Before plans could be approved for construction to began, Hapstall needed to find a location. He knew that he wanted an area that captured natural beauty, i.e., an area that had a dense tree line and nice lake to adequately represent the overall theme of the complex which would be that of an "Enchanted Forest". In 1978, construction began on the first of the complex, the zoo. Originally, Hapstall wanted the zoo to be the main focus of the complex, occupying nearly half of the 80 acre site. Over the next year and a half, the complex took form and after 20 months of construction, Westland Point was complete.

The public wasn't too thrilled with lengthy construction of Westland Point but, on July 1, 1980, the complex held a grand opening ceremony and received rave reviews from the general public. The 80 acre complex included a 38 acre zoo and wildlife park, 15 acre amusement park, 17 acres of campgrounds situated near West Point Lake and a 10 acre entertainment venue, which included various shops, restaurants and a theatre. In 1988, the Westland Point decided to close the campground in favor of an expansion to the zoo/wildlife and amusement park areas of the complex.

In 1990, Westland Point opened Rolling Thunder, a dueling wooden coaster, as well as an assortment of other attractions and two new wildlife exhibits. Although Hapstall's main focus was the promotion of nature and wildlife, the crowds took an exceptional liking to Rolling Thunder which brought attendance and annual revenue to an all time, record high. In 1993, Westland Points nearby competitor, Busch Gardens, opened their newest thrill ride, Kumba. Hapstall quickly realized that in order to keep guests at Westland, he had to do his best to one-up Busch Gardens newest addition. Upon this realization, Hapstall contacted the manufacturer of Kumba, Bolliger & Mabillard (B&M), in search of something that would have crowds raving once again. The following year, ThunderHawk opened and sent attendance through the roof once more. ThunderHawk, now to be known as Goblin's Revenge, was a 180 foot inverted coaster that featured six inversions and flew at speeds of over 60mph.

In 1995, the fate of Westland Point became unknown after William Hapstall suddenly passed away. With no one in place to take over ownership, Hapstall's business partner, Warner LeRoy, assumed the role has President and CEO for a brief period of time before selling Westland Point to Six Flags in 1998. By this time, Six Flags had ownership of LeRoy's Great Adventure after it was sold to them by Penn Central in 1992. No changes were made to Westland Point for the first year as a Six Flags property.

In 1999, Six Flags announced that Westland Point would re-open as "Six Flags Westland Point" for the 2000 season, they also announced that the wildlife section of the park would be removed as guests in that area were more interested in the rides section of the complex. This year also brought the addition of Deja Vu, a Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang, as well as a full park rebrand. In 2002, plans were submitted for a large, new thrill ride but, before plans could be approved, Six Flags had to sign a newly enforced 10 year property lease; having no doubt about the success of Westland Point, they signed and over the next 10 years the park doubled in size.

Despite the success of this park, Six Flags decided not to renew their 10 year lease and announced that the park would close at the end of the 2012 season. The public, as well as city officials, were shocked to hear this news as Six Flags did not announce their reasoning for no longer wanting to continue with this park. For next 4 years, Westland Point stood silent; city officials opted not to demolish the remainder of the park in hopes of finding a new owner.

On May 7, 2016, it was announced that Westland Point had been purchased by Dechlave Theme Park Entertainment. The deal included, 180 acres, 4 coasters and other smaller rides and every remaining structure in the park. Dechlave stated they plan to invest 50million dollars to renovate, refurbish and re-open Westland Point.

screenshot-2016-05-08-14-52-57.png
Last edited by DechLave on July 16th, 2016, 6:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Post May 8th, 2016, 4:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Love the back-story and that screenshot is beautiful and looks so realistic. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Post May 9th, 2016, 1:22 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I love it when the spinner looks vivid, just like this! I mean the beauty of turns and twists! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post May 11th, 2016, 10:25 pm

Westland Point is moving forward quite fast...

screenshot-2016-05-11-20-50-57.png

First up, the park's Vekoma is getting a repaint along with a set of new trains to fit the theme of the Marvel Villain, "The Vulture".

screenshot-2016-05-11-20-54-29.png

Another shot of the family spinning coaster, Sidewinder.

screenshot-2016-05-11-20-55-51.png

Next up, is a very 'trackless' wooden coaster ;)

screenshot-2016-05-11-20-53-21 (2).png

And lastly, a night shot of Westland Point's newest investment...

Full park specifics are coming soon!
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Is the spinner from your last park?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

True Addicts
True Addicts

It was good there! Just don't forget to add flanges.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I enjoy the way you set these up. I wish I had the patience to actually finish mine
What are these for?

DechLave wrote:
^SHHHHHHH lol

Using the creator's previous "neat" tracks is rather pleasing! :D

***UPDATE***

At this point, the main construction of Westland Point is complete and a ride list has been released; however, there will be one ride that is planned to not open with the park.

PLAZA DE CARNIVAL
-Main Entrance
-Various Shops and Restaurants
-Midway Games
-Delirium (Giant Frisbee Ride)
-SkyScreamer (Funtime SkyScreamer)
-Skywheel (Chance Double Ferris Wheel)
-Spinsanity (Themed Tea Cup Ride)

MARVEL COMIC VILLE
-Goblin's Revenge (B&M Invert)
-Rise of the Silver Surfer (B&M Hyper)
-Captain America: the Ride (Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang)
-The Vulture (Custom Vekoma MK1200)
-Falcon's Fury (Intamin SkyJump)
-Daredevil Stunt Fall (S&S Shot Towers)
-Ironman's Ring of Flight (Larson Super Loop)
-Storm Surge (Scrambler Ride)
-Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (4D Dark Ride)

FRONTIER VALLEY
-Medusa! (Arrow Custom Mega-Looper) ***WILL NOT OPEN WITH THE PARK***
-Sidewinder (Gerstlauer Spinning Coaster Model 380/4)
-Frontier Forger (Zierer Custome Tivoli Model Family Coaster)
-Buccaneer (Zamperla Swinging Ship Ride)
-Wave Swinger (Spinning Swing Ride)
-Lakeview Racer (Classic Racing Wooden Coaster) ***ONLY ONE SIDE WILL OPEN WITH THE PARK***
-Barnstormer (S&S Screamin' Swing)
-Viking (Premier LIM Shuttle Loop)
-Wild Rider (Troika Ride)

There are other areas of the park that have yet to be developed but will come as the park grows...

Now, on the pics!

screenshot-2016-05-15-22-12-24.png

screenshot-2016-05-15-22-13-27.png

screenshot-2016-05-15-22-16-24.png

screenshot-2016-05-18-13-28-48.png

screenshot-2016-05-18-13-27-51.png

screenshot-2016-05-18-13-27-05.png

screenshot-2016-05-16-03-30-48.png

screenshot-2016-05-18-13-31-51.png

screenshot-2016-05-18-13-29-22.png

screenshot-2016-05-18-13-30-01.png

screenshot-2016-05-15-22-11-09.png

screenshot-2016-05-12-17-53-38.png

More coming soon!!!
Last edited by DechLave on June 19th, 2016, 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Woah this is looking freaking amazing! I honestly thought you snuck a real image of an arrow into the mix I just now realized it was in NL2! Keep it up man!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I love the GIB
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Everything looks so neat, bar that B&M hyper which has a weird-looking drop bottom. I believe that it's just coming from a camera angle.

^The hyper was designed to be more on the mild side of the scale, especially when compared to Thor, the hyper coaster over in Diamond Valley. There are some moments of ejector airtime but, the overall focus when designing this ride was to promote floater airtime (a tad intense in some parts while still being gracious throughout if that makes any sense). The weirdness of that you see is indeed due to the camera angle, also, the drop itself isn't very steep.
-DechLave T.P Ent.

True Addicts
True Addicts

All real new B&M's have a bit of a "weird spot" in them and the turn he has just exaggerates that. Make sure the corkscrews aren't too fat on the vekoma. They look a bit squashed.

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
I know its easy, but you should use 3d objects for the fences. The coaster tracks don't use clipping and will cause more lag. 3d's you can add clipping so they will disappear and cause less lag or FPS drops. You could even use my fence pack. ;)

Just a helpful tip.
Plantoris

@Plantoris - the only support fencing I use is for the queue lines, everything else is done using your fence pack.

@Coasterkid -
screenshot-2016-05-20-17-56-32.png

Idk if it was just the camera angle or FOV but, from here, they don't looked "squashed " from here? It rides well and the entire layout was hand built, so there maybe a couple of slight discrepancies but, nothing major.
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Make sure you almost stop the train on the brake run before the corks like many arrow tend to do.

^The ride isn't programmed to completely stop because (A) it's not necessary and (B) it would kill too much momentum which caused the ride to creep to slowly through the of the layout. However, it does pass the E-Stop test and if it were to E-Stop the train would make it back to the station naturally.

Thanks for the input though!
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

^I assume you're referring to Anaconda (which by the way is VEKOMA) in Craig's Ranch Village... (A) Anaconda doesn't have an MCBR and (B) the ride is programmed to suit the needs of whatever the park and manufacturer deems as necessary; you're right that SOME coasters DO significantly slow down or even come to a complete stop in the MCBR but, it's not at all necessary for Vulture at Westland Point to do so, period.
-DechLave T.P Ent.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,111.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks great, I admire your ability to put together these parks - and some of the details in this one look really good!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

***Westland Point - 6/19 Update***

Hello all, the main part of Westland Point's construction is complete, all attractions that are opening with the park are now in place and have began the testing process. The only thing that's left to do is scenery touch ups (queues, railings, signage,etc.)

screenshot-2016-06-19-12-53-59.png

Standing in Viking's queue line... Shade covers have yet to be installed.

screenshot-2016-06-19-12-55-18.png

BarnStormer, what will be the Frontier Village Petting Zoo and Lakeview Racer.

screenshot-2016-06-19-12-56-57.png

As you can see, Lakeview Racer is still waiting to have a chain installed on the right side... Magnetic trim brakes will also be in use to allow for a smoother stop.

At this time, Westland Point is slated to be released July 1, 2016.
Last edited by DechLave on June 19th, 2016, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
u forgot to add flanges on the supports
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Those first two pics look so much like rct3.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area