Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Should NL include Copying supports

Should NL include Copying supports

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Should NL include Copying supports

Yes!
91%
No!
9%

Total votes : 54

Post January 31st, 2004, 1:21 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
Originally posted by eZe7789

The track smoother dosent even work on my computer, and i wouldnt like using it either even if it did work,because it takes away my satisfaction of fully making my own ride, and seeing how much people like it, and i fully agree with everything Edge said.

To each his own. [:)] I do feel the need to let you know that it doesn't make a completely smooth ride for you. A lot of the skill is still pretty much in your hands. It only softens the small bumps.

Post January 31st, 2004, 2:03 pm

Points on hand: 4,190.00 Points

You people are missing (one of) the point. The person has to build the support BEFORE they can save it!!! By doing so, they already demonstrated they have the skill to build a support like that. As for people taking other peep's supports - I suppose that would be fine, as long as they ask and give credit. It's the same as using other people's 3ds objects - you ask & give credit.

Edge - the exchange won't suffer from a support saver. Has it suffered from the element-save option?? I don't think so. Saving a support structure is EXACTLY the same as saving an element. I bet that people take other people's elements without asking and without giving credit...it might just be easier if it was publicly recognized that stuff like that was normal. (note - I don't take elements - lol) But for some structures like the Hyper-Support Towers, people could save hours of repetitive work that they've already shown the skill to do....

Post January 31st, 2004, 3:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,878.00 Points

Originally posted by tarzanman11514

You people are missing (one of) the point. The person has to build the support BEFORE they can save it!!! By doing so, they already demonstrated they have the skill to build a support like that. As for people taking other peep's supports - I suppose that would be fine, as long as they ask and give credit. It's the same as using other people's 3ds objects - you ask & give credit.

Edge - the exchange won't suffer from a support saver. Has it suffered from the element-save option?? I don't think so. Saving a support structure is EXACTLY the same as saving an element. I bet that people take other people's elements without asking and without giving credit...it might just be easier if it was publicly recognized that stuff like that was normal. (note - I don't take elements - lol) But for some structures like the Hyper-Support Towers, people could save hours of repetitive work that they've already shown the skill to do....

True true

Post April 3rd, 2004, 9:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

I think it would be good, because right now I'm building the Ninja in St. Louis and if you have seen a pic of it, the supports are the same throughout the ride. except in inversions.

Post April 3rd, 2004, 9:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,829.00 Points

It wpuld also be very useful for ppl who suck at making supports... such as me! [:P]

Post April 6th, 2004, 11:11 am

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

Post April 6th, 2004, 4:03 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
yeah, it could be very easy but i guess there is still then i minor thing, one support is 50m high and the other one 20m . How with that? [confused]

Post April 6th, 2004, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 2,783.00 Points

I think it would be a good addition, but I'm still kinda floating now that I've read the topic. The Edge has convinced me alot, becasue people will probably take advantage of all these tools until not a single original ride exists. Then again, why should we have to spend 15-20 minutes making one row of supports? I mean, you have to have about three to four support towers on hypercoaster lifts alone.

I think the main reason for this tool seems to be using it for the Eiffel Tower type supports, so maybe they could just include that. Rather than save your own, just have some general support designs premade. A good list would be...

Eiffel Tower Supports
A-Frame Supports
Angled Triangle Supports (like on B&M Loops)
Leaning Eiffel Tower Supports (like on Corkscrew at Cedar Point)
Box Supports (basic block support, an 'x' on the sides, open at the top.

I think that just about covers it...

Previous

Return to No Limits Coaster