Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports SeaWorld 10/7/16 Belmont Park 10/8/16

SeaWorld 10/7/16 Belmont Park 10/8/16

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post October 7th, 2016, 8:51 pm

Points on hand: 1,336.00 Points
Just got to my hotel from a day at SeaWorld San Diego. The park was fairly empty today, everything running at minimum capacity. Manta was running only trains 1 and 4 today, and its unloading station was closed as they were understaffed. They had less employee's than normal in the loading station, only 2 restraint checkers instead of 4. It gave a really really good ride each time, though the trains showed some wear. The padded portion of the lap-bar had spots where the blue paint had worn off, same with the seats, however its still a beautiful train and a beautiful ride. Wild Attic was the next ride, also running reduced with only simulator two running. It was given a new safety/preshow video in the station, however there were some times where the video in the ride itself either didn't sync, or seemed a little, distorted (random stretched blobs). I did ride Atlantis towards the end of my day, and its queue was longer than I've ever seen. However kudo's to the staff for the amazing operations. Atlantis was only using station one, two and three were closed all day long. Even with only one of its stations running, its operations were insanely fast. I timed it and one of the boats dispatched in only 29 seconds. It was still a lot of fun, elevator took the girl behind me by surprise. As the boat pulled into the pre elevator show all I hear from her was "What the **** is that?" followed by "What the **** is this thing." as the boat rose through the shaft. Overall, besides an unrelated event kinda ruining the day for me, I had a lot of fun at the park, and I'll be returning sometime next year.

Manta - x3
Atlantis - x1
Shipwreak Rapids - x1
Wild Arctic - x1
Last edited by hafizbazzi on October 9th, 2016, 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post October 8th, 2016, 3:53 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Glad you had some fun at the park at least :)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 8th, 2016, 6:02 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 16,608.00 Points

Post October 8th, 2016, 9:27 am

I'll post some photo's as soon as my parents send them to me, as unfortunately I don't have a smartphone.

Post October 8th, 2016, 11:59 pm

Sorry for the delay, I just got back into town like 20 minutes ago. I went to Mission Bay today and got to ride the historic Giant Dipper located at Belmont Park! As old as it is, it still packs a punch. It gave some amazing ejector airtime on a few of its hills, and even with the lats, it was great. It feels like it goes so much faster than advertised. My one complaint was the trains. While beautiful, the Morgan trains use a single lap bar that was interconnected with the row behind us, so when I lowered mine, it lowered the one for the girls behind me, and it was shared with the person next to you. Being the big guy I am they had to force it down into me so it was far enough down for it to be safe for the girls behind me. My mom did get a few great pictures. They're posted below, and I will update the SeaWorld post with some pictures my parents took.

Post October 9th, 2016, 8:51 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
That's one historical coaster that still looks thrilling! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports