Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports headed to Cedar Point right now, KNOTTS 8-9th

headed to Cedar Point right now, KNOTTS 8-9th

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
anyone want any specific pictures? I've been forgetting to ask all season x_x

Also I have an overnight lay over in LAX. i get in at 7pm and plan to uber to Knoyys until close. Since my plane doesn't leave until 11pm on the 9th I'll have to come up with a plan but Ghost Rider \???/ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Points on hand: 7,716.00 Points

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,863.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

So next Sunday you'll be at Knotts? hmmmmmmmmmmm
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

yep sat night and a few hours sunday. prolly gotta leave the park by 930is to ten

mean streak had a lot taken out o.o

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
Keep in mind that Knott's is only open 10 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. on those days for regular operation. They reopen from 7 P.M. to 1-2 A.M. for Knott's Scary Farm, but that requires a separate ticket. If you're going mostly for rides, I would stick with only visiting during regular hours as crowds will be much, much smaller.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
AceDFe19 wrote:
Mean Streak update please. :D

Indeed. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

So Mean Streak pics. Not much has changed for most of the structure, it's still just work around the turn around and lift hill. Unfortunately that part of Frontier was closed off so I couldn't get closer pics. Also was too lazy to leave the park and go around

also zero lines

The pumpkin thing. Awesome what they did with those gourds. The pics don't do them justice, these displays were totally awesome!

Haunted ballsacks of Terror

Annnnnd random pics I took that I enjoy since like... I suck at taking them, and everyone already knows everything about CP

This poor lad

Valravn section:

more to upload, gotta get ready for work XD Sorry I forgot lol

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
^Did you go on saturday or sunday this past weekend?
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

I went Sunday. I've actually gone every weekend since September and took pics XD but i need to find a better way to upload them from my phone.

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
I went on sunday and you shouldve told me! lol
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Love the ending part of MF in the last photo! Beautifully taken! :)

just waited an hour and fifteen minutes for a BOOMERANG. woooooooooow Knotts get these dispatches together.

Ghost Rider is a 2.5 hour wait. #sodium chloride

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
^Saturday Scary Farm nights (and Fridays in mid-late October) are among the most crowded times of the entire year at Knott's. In fact, the only days that rival them are Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July weekend, and the week between Christmas and New Years. Those are the only times when Knott's has 2+ hour waits, and unfortunately they have the worst operations in the Cedar Fair chain (at least in my opinion).

Tomorrow should be much better. With the exception of GhostRider, lines are rarely much more than 30 minutes on typical off-season weekends.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Went to Guest services and cried lol. They totally hooked me up. The sup. called Ghost Rider, Xcelerator, and Silver Bullet and had them grant me exit access! Got to ride everything once, AND got my Ghost Rider night credit, that was all I wanted last night :lol:

I showed them my plane tickets, that I got off the plane and right to the park, my call log from when Justin (guest services) said it would be slow last night, and that this was the only night I can do Scary Farm since travels and stuff

Ghost Rider is my favorite wooden coaster. Mean Streak shoulda got that treatment

So back home and have a TON of pics to upload, and I really want to do an exhaustive trip report!

What is the best way to upload pics now? I think I used either imageshack or photobucket. There's gotta be an easy less code-spammy way to bulk upload and embed pics right?

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,863.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Imgur.com !!!!
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Omg this week is nuts! JEEZ.... Now that I have the time to get a proper trip report done here we go.

Scrap that, Knott's is amazing. Here's pics XD at least let me get pics up this week >_<

Silver Bullet

This thing goes all over the place! It's much less forceful than other Inverts I've been on. It doesn't really have the jet fighter forces that Raptor does but oh man, is this ride disorienting! It's hard to get your bearing at all on Silver Bullet, so I'd say that's a win! I especially like the wingovers right after each other with that pop of air in the middle

Boomerang

It's a Boomerang. But it was pretty okay compared to some, and it definitely has my vote for one of the prettiest. I hope they keep it just for that reason

Coast rider - I like that the turns weren't rib destroying on this mouse. Was cool at night but ehh... during the day. It is a good fit in the space and it seems pretty popular with the GP

Xcelerator - THIS. This coaster was everything I wanted it to be! I know accelerators are short rides generally in the US and this one is no exception. I thought I would be underwhelmed since I've been on TTD a bajillion times but I really like this top hat a lot better, and diving through the supports is awesome! just be ready for the brakes at the end, it's like getting Ganondorf kicked in the stomach of you don't see it coming lol

Ghostrider - The reason I crossed the country randomly! Had to ride it and it was WORTH IT. It's just so angry all the time :lol: :lol: :lol: So many unexpected turns in the most random places, and if you've been to Kennwood and have ridden Thunderbolt, Ghostrider's helix puts TB's to shame! It's so forceful, and then it bounces on top of that XD. This ride has zero chill and the videos don't give it any type ofjustice. and SMOOOOOOOOTH. I wish more now than ever that GCI did the remake of Mean Streak now. They knocked Ghost Rider outta the park!

Second half and random pics coming after CP tomorrow. Had to re upload all the pics XD im so noob at this haha. Now that I got the hang of it it I'll be able to get pics up much faster though

Don't worry about having to upload photos later. We all accept your pacing! :)

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports