Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Port Aventura - October 6th 2016 (inc Ferrari World Photo's)

Port Aventura - October 6th 2016 (inc Ferrari World Photo's)

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Innovtech Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,281.00 Points
The wife & I had a few days off together so decided to go to Salou & chill out. We also managed to squeeze in a day @ Port Aventura. It was mid-week and just before the full Halloween celebrations & shows started so the park was very quiet , which meant we had a great queue free day & got to see the park all dressed up for Halloween.

We managed several laps of the park with front/back row seats for every ride which made for a very fun day.

On our way in, I stopped off to get some photo's of the Ferrari World construction. It's pretty well fenced off from the main entrance but I still managed to get a pretty good view from a few spots.

Work on the S&S Towers was progressing today

There's a really nice model of Ferrari World in the entrance plaza of the park

First stop of the day - MEDITERR??NIA

As soon as you walk into the park you are surrounded by Halloween which is brilliant. The decorations build up as you head round the lake and towards the Far West area.

As it was so quiet on park, it meant we could ride Furious Baco on the front row everytime which, from previous experience, is a very good thing. I find the unrelenting roughness bearable on the front row & it actually makes for a great ride.

Next up was the short walk up to the "Far West" via the Grand Canyon Rapids & the Silver River Flume

There's a great view of Shambhala from the loading platform of the Rapids.

The Far West has received the bulk of the Halloween decoration at the park and is looking great.

The Far West Stunt Show has been re-themed as "Bang Bang Halloween" & is a brilliantly funny wild west stunt show starring Beetlejuice. It's one of my favourite things to do @ the whole park.

After the show it was off to ride Stampida. Even though it looks like both the red & blue tracks on this ride have had some re-tracking done recently, the blue side is quite a lot rougher than the red.

After spending a little more time in this area we headed into

MEXICO

Unfortunately the "Templo del Fuego" attraction wasn't open, probably due to the lack of numbers on park, which is a shame because it's a great show.

A few rides on Hurakan Condor before lunch (& a show) in La Cantina

After a nice lunch (& a few beers) we headed to the El Diablo Minetrain on our way out of Mexico.

Next we headed up CHINA. The walk offers great views of Dragon Khan & Shambhala.

Dragoon Khan was a lot of fun, I forgot just how disorientating it is. Back row was quite rough but the Front was a fairly smooth affair.

Shambhala was next on or list & it was to be our first time on this ride. Last time we came to the park they where just starting construction on it.

Plenty of airtime front & back!

I absolutely love this turnaround element, very compact and taken at a great pace.

Loved Shambhala, its a great addition to the park & Europe.

Next up, POLYNESIA, home of Tutuki Splash & the exotic bird show Aves del Para??so.

& last but not least, we headed through S??samo Aventura (Sesame Street) on our way back to ride Shambhala & Dragon Khan some more times.

All in all, it was great day on park and we got to ride everything a LOT of times! I love the addition of Shambhala & I cant wait to head back over to the park when Ferrari World is open, it's going to look stunning.

This is the second time we've visited at the end of September/start of October and as long as you don't mind not getting the full Halloween experience you get the park to yourselves with no queues. The weather is pretty good too, we still got a healthy sunburn on the first day. DOH!

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Wow looks like you had an awesome time! I wish I could get out to Spain soon :(
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Those "model" trains are, I hope, movable or (if possible) launchable! Well-detailed! :)

Let me say another form of Coaster Dynamix! (Edited!) :D
Last edited by lol240 on November 1st, 2016, 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
First off, you take great pictures. I've barely seen any part of that park that isn't a picture of Dragon Khan, Shambala, or the woodies. You seemed to cover all of the bases. So thank you for that.

Was Stampida closed or did you say "F that" to the KumBak horror trains?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Innovtech Premium Member
Premium Member

We did go on Stampida, but only once each on Red & Blue. Your right, those trains are far from comfy!

It looks like a few sections on each track have had work done fairly recently & it definitely shows on the Red track, which was a great ride but the blue track was still quite rough in sections. (nowhere close to Baco rough tho, lol!).

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

Jeez
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Innovtech Premium Member
Premium Member

LOL!!
I didn't notice just how "happy" that skeleton was. Genius!! :o

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Wow I have to say that I still like Lego skeleton mini-figures! :D