Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Photo TR: KI Closing Day, October 30th, 2016

Photo TR: KI Closing Day, October 30th, 2016

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post November 1st, 2016, 10:31 am

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
So after working literally every weekend at the park I decided to take off the whole last weekend to visit the park. My goal was to hit the park Saturday night with a friend, and then go all day Sunday. Unfortunately i only got around to the Sunday appearance. The park was pretty busy mainly because for some ODD reason, it was 75 degrees in OCTOBER! Fast lane line's like normal where packed since you get a free Fast lane when you renew your pass. Banshee and Diamondback where still running with B&M Goodness (and a slight rattle), while Beast and other rides where giving moderate rides like normal.

Mystic Timbers continues to rise and change the skyline (ever so slightly). I am sure hoping that this gives night rides that rival Beast's. The first drop already looks insane. White water's entrance (right around the train crossing) while be sure to give some great pictures of the first drop (as it does now) unless some trees are placed in front of it................ :roll: I would like to point out that Timbers will be extremely close to the log flume. I really don't want to see the flume gone (its my home ride and I've worked there two years), but i mean its REALLY getting close to it.

In other words the park looked great for ending the 2016 season and i have just a thought about what i would like to see for the 2017 season:
- NO BINS AT DIAMONDBACK!!!- I have heard a rumor about this but i forget where i heard it from, but in my opinion I hope this happens as I think it would speed up capacity/ Dispatch

-Vortex Paint Job- Hopefully the park gives the ride a nice new paint job for its 30th birthday. I would like new trains but that;s like asking B&M to build a forceful coaster................just kidding.

- LED Light packages- Heard a rumor that Monster and Zephyr might be getting new Light packages for next year. Hope to see this happen as it could bring "new light to the area..........

-Future of Extreme Sky flier - As Cedar Point removed their sky flier, could KI's days be limited? A nice flat ride or small coaster (if the removed Congo and the amphitheater) could fit here (Maverick 2.0 cough B&M cough)

-Not 2017 Related but both of Beast's lift hills have the new signs at the top. The second lift actually has a sign that says "DANGER PLEASE KEEP YOUR HANDS DOWN".

Anyways enjoy the videos/ pictures and this will be a long 6 months of an off season.

Attachments
IMG_3885.JPG
Well hello there. You Must be that new gate coaster thats at every Cedar Fait park now. No? Okay.....
IMG_3886.JPG
Banshee int he mornings? I think yes!
IMG_3888.JPG
"swing for the fences"
IMG_3890.JPG
Just don't hit the Banshee
IMG_3891.JPG
two rides, one i love riding, one i hate. Any guesses?
IMG_3896.JPG
hello stinger....oh wait, this coasters actually running
IMG_3898.JPG
So photogenic.
IMG_3900.JPG
Dropping my jaacket off in my car, so glad i dont have a season pass lol.
IMG_3902.JPG
Whats that over the trees? Is that?..........it cant be..........Mystic Timbers?
IMG_3904.JPG
Seems like they are about to start station work
IMG_3905.JPG
Prelift section is done
IMG_3906.JPG
The first of many airtime hills
IMG_3907.JPG
I think I just found a new background.
IMG_3908.JPG
GCI Goodness
IMG_3909.JPG
Is this a slippery snake?
IMG_3911.JPG
While it was warm enough for White Water to be open, alas it wasnt
IMG_3912.JPG
Construction!
IMG_3913.JPG
More Construction!
IMG_3914.JPG
Footer markings are painted on the ground and are ready to be drilled / poured
IMG_3916.JPG
Old fort Missouri Jane
IMG_3917.JPG
Baby Trains!
IMG_3918.JPG
more construction!
IMG_3920.JPG
I think i'll take one more train ride around, pictures like this deserve it.
IMG_3923.JPG
Is that the shed over there i see?
IMG_3924.JPG
The tree's are reaching new heights as they take over Rivertown
IMG_3925.JPG
It's even catching fire! kidding, its a sun flare
IMG_3926.JPG
I'll be back for more
IMG_3930.JPG
I think something's missing.
IMG_3931.JPG
Ah Found it! Kersplush!
IMG_3934.JPG
Breakroom + Bengals football = WHODEY (Except they ended in a tie.....)
IMG_3937.JPG
Time for some B&M Goodness?
IMG_3939.JPG
Lets climb the lift hill to heaven
IMG_3941.JPG
Waiting for the offseason...........
IMG_3951.JPG
Now do you see what i mean by WWC giving a great view!?
IMG_3952.JPG
Airtime?
IMG_3954.JPG
Can we bring it on home with some airtime?
IMG_3956.JPG
Dive Snake Dive!
IMG_3957.JPG
The massive drop of Diamondback
IMG_3959.JPG
"You Spin Me Around Round Baby, Round Round"
IMG_3962.JPG
One good ride, one ride that will beat the hell out of you, and one ride that "I dont know the park wasted money on this"
IMG_3964.JPG
If only it was nighttime........................
IMG_3965.JPG
the famous three...............
IMG_3967.JPG
More diamondback pictures (with a tiny Mystic Timbers in the background) I really do hope the Tomb Raider building gets a ride in there sometime soon.open..................
IMG_3968.JPG
there;s that snake again
IMG_3974.JPG
I spy a.........................................Mystic Timber?!?!?!?!?!
IMG_3982.JPG
Glad to see SR&R Refurbished and brought back with a new paint job. Even though it's in its 2nd season back from the dead!
IMG_3991.JPG
over rated or under rated? you tell me, i found this amusing honestly at the employee dry runs!
IMG_3992.JPG
Hm.............
IMG_3993.JPG
If this is what's in the shed i do not want to ride!!!
IMG_3994.JPG
hopefully a nice flatride goes in here. A Gerstlauer sky roller or a Monodial Top Scan (that seem's to be Cedar Fairs cloned ride now lol) would look good here.
IMG_3996.JPG
I swear last time i took this pic there where queue rails here.
IMG_3998.JPG
Games!
IMG_3999.JPG
they didnt mess around taking away the haunt line/theming.
IMG_4001.JPG
missed some though............
IMG_4003.JPG
hopefully some new lights on this puppy next year.
IMG_4006.JPG
Surprised this wasn't broke down lol. If only we could have got Dominator............
IMG_4024.JPG
Backlot!
IMG_4028.JPG
twisty Premier!
IMG_4030.JPG
"Here lies the streak no one liked" oh wait wrong park. i meant "here lies my unloved son"
IMG_4031.JPG
"Backlot's the best lot"
IMG_4033.JPG
Well hello there again, i spy a nice wooden coaster in the background.
IMG_4034.JPG
eh?
IMG_4036.JPG
Kersplush!
IMG_4046.JPG
Fountains (that should receive an upgrade for the park's birthday) and a nice Beemer!
IMG_4051.JPG
If only it wasn't raining.
IMG_4054.JPG
If they could move Slingshot to somewhere else in the park, this would be a great photo op for Banshee.
IMG_4055.JPG
"Removes tree if in No Limits"
IMG_4056.JPG
Photogenic!
IMG_4057.JPG
well goodbye then.
IMG_4058.JPG
Swinging to the dawn of the vikings.
IMG_4062.JPG
I think i'm going to hit the tree!
IMG_4066.JPG
now during Haunt, this guy and another guy actually MOVE
IMG_4068.JPG
Great photo op from the old SOB line!
IMG_4069.JPG
see?
IMG_4070.JPG
RIP To a moderate ride
IMG_4075.JPG
I remember one day, some guy came up to me at Linus Launcher (This year) and asked me where Son Of Beast was , i said it's over in Action Zone, but you won't get as far as the station................... i then told him the ride was gone.
IMG_4079.JPG
Tower views anyone?
IMG_4080.JPG
im still pondering on what the cleared lands for............... I know earlier in the year they where clearing it more.
IMG_4082.JPG
the base with no restrooms!
IMG_4086.JPG
Rivertown!
IMG_4087.JPG
Snoopy.......eh.................
IMG_4088.JPG
Vortex!
IMG_4110.JPG
The Sun has set on another season
IMG_4114.JPG
Thanks for a great season KI. and to all the crews i worked with during the summer (Banshee, DBack, Beast, Vortex, Flume, Train, East pie (Snoopy)) Thanks for making this summer the best summer yet! Hope to be back next year for #WhatsInTheShed ;)
Last edited by matthew6969 on February 1st, 2017, 10:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Thanks for the great photo and update and the construction update. They're alot farther along on construction than I thought they would be. Your pictures are always excellent and thorough. Also I <3 Kill Mart.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 15,401.90 Points
matthew6969 wrote:
A nice flat ride or small coaster (if the removed Congo and the amphitheater) could fit here (Maverick 2.0 cough B&M cough)

They better not remove Congo Falls for the foreseeable future, or if they do, add a replacement log flume, cuz I am a fan of those. Wouldn't complain about a terrain blitz coaster either.
matthew6969 wrote:
-Not 2017 Related but both of Beast's lift hills have the new signs at the top. The second lift actually has a sign that says "DANGER PLEASE KEEP YOUR HANDS DOWN".

"Danger: please keep yourself from having bloody stumps where your hands used to be" accompanied by realistic images might do a better job.

Also, riding White Water Canyon at night is awesome. I think I might prefer it over The Beast just because the line isn't nearly as long.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Wow you also took plenty of photos of the lower parts of coaster, not only those entire images! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Thanks for the trip report, images and construction update!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'm still honestly surprised Diamondback runs that slow.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points

Figured i might just post this here. Judging by the amount of Banshee off ride footage, does anyone think i should make an offride video for it?
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Absolutely! I love off-ride shots and videos, too! They give us some time to guess how many g's the riders will experience on each track segment and to learn how to add beams and supports realistically!

:D Awesome! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports