Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Discover Channel coming to Carowinds

Discover Channel coming to Carowinds

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post February 14th, 2004, 11:10 pm

Points on hand: 3,673.00 Points

When I heard this news I thought it was a joke but sure enough Discovery Channel will be at Carowinds filming a special on Coasterphobia. 10 Coasterphobians will undergo "conditioning" along with 10 A.C.E. members and the final test will be a ride on our Top Gun: The Jet Coaster.
Hopefully I will get to go as they will be filming in a closed park. Even if it's just as an extra.

Post February 14th, 2004, 11:23 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
Sounds cool! It seems like I remember that they did something similar at BGW a few years ago. I'm looking forward to seeing the Carowinds show though, because I've never seen much about this park before.

Good luck with getting on the show, and don't forget to let us know when we can tune in to see this. [:)]

Post February 15th, 2004, 8:21 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Bah, I think they should make a Extreme Machines special of TTD. It is a really interesting piece of technique. Would be really cool if they'd make an in detail special about it [:)]

They also were at carrowinds the last time weren't they? I remember that Extreme Machines: Rollercoaster had a feature about the G's on Top Gun.

Post February 15th, 2004, 8:40 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

nah, that was batman the ride foo. Suprising i remember that actualy. If i re-call they got a jet pilot to go batmna (come to think of it it could have been top gun hence the name) and the ol' block was going through the g forces.

Shame you dont see much about rollercoasters on TV, maybe we should get Rob Avley on the case [lol] Plus GFA i could do without watching TTD go round for 30 mins on TV, i mean the ride is pretty sucky

Post February 15th, 2004, 4:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

They shouldn't make an Extreme Machines special of TTD, its a kiddy coaster. They should make one of a decent woodie, like the stuff at Knoebels or Holiday World...coasters that are intense for a change [;)]

Post February 15th, 2004, 4:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,321.00 Points
Originally posted by G Force Addict

Bah, I think they should make a Extreme Machines special of TTD. It is a really interesting piece of technique. Would be really cool if they'd make an in detail special about it [:)]

They also were at carrowinds the last time weren't they? I remember that Extreme Machines: Rollercoaster had a feature about the G's on Top Gun.

Yeah, I agree with you [approve]! TTD would be good...

Bino

Post February 15th, 2004, 6:56 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
Originally posted by G Force Addict

yea, i have no clue how TTD launches, i just know that it deals with compressed air and it's really fast[approve]

Post February 16th, 2004, 12:15 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

Post February 16th, 2004, 12:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

no, it doesn't use LIMs...It has a hydraulic launch

Post February 17th, 2004, 10:48 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Return to General Theme Park Discussions