Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions what do you see in the future

what do you see in the future

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post February 22nd, 2004, 9:35 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Why do you say that? I've seen a lot of new elements on some NL coasters that could be done in real life.

Post February 22nd, 2004, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Yeah, there are tons of different ways you can twist a coaster....and come to think about it, that's probably another reason looping coasters won't die out. As long as manufacturer's keep coming up with different and unique inversions, people are still going to flock to the rides.

Post February 22nd, 2004, 9:44 pm

But inversions all feel the same. I mean, you still get flipped upside down each time, and if inversions are going to be intense then they should have lateral gs also, like Arrow corkscrews (best inversion ever)

Post February 22nd, 2004, 9:58 pm

Umm, I'm not really too keen on getting my head bashed around on some rock-hard OTSRs.

And IF, I know you and I know they all really feel the same (except zeroGs, love that feeling), but the general public just flocks to anything new and different looking, and that stuff usually has inversions...there is just something about them, it seems, that makes people want to ride.

Post February 22nd, 2004, 10:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

yaaa know mebbe wooden roller coasters will become more popular! more with loops.

Post February 23rd, 2004, 4:19 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
i think inversions feel different.. loops are still some of the most disorienting things on my list, while corkscrews turn ya upside-down but ya dont get dizzy. and yes, IF, there should be more rides like the arrow corkscrews! but they really need to figure out how to get rid of the dam ots restraints!! they hurt! im too tall.. i can barely fit in the trains with those dam restraints![:(]

Post February 23rd, 2004, 5:50 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

Sucks for you, I'm not too tall not too short I don't mind the horsecollar restraints. Most people have a problem with them. I know my friend can't ride the Raging Wolf Bobs because his knee's are too tall and the bar won't lock the stay up so the people wouldn't let him ride it. Then we went on batman knight flight so he had plenty of leg room. i see Arrow making a comeback and S&S making alot more rides and Chance morgan too I also see vekoma and schwarchikof(too hard to spell it)coming back big.(maybe)

Post February 23rd, 2004, 6:48 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

Vekoma is gonna start making taller, faster rides, just look at the one they're making for disney.

>[}:)]<<GRIM>>[}:)]<
?????????copyright 2188, GRIM

Post February 23rd, 2004, 10:23 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

Originally posted by GRIM

Originally posted by eZe7789
yeah, because the same layout and the elements are on almost every ride they make lol.

there basicly are no more new safe elements that designers can use.

>[}:)]<<GRIM>>[}:)]<
?????????copyright 2188, GRIM

sry this is late, but i didnt see it till now, but designers can still use them in different oreder unlike B&M which use basically loop,inline twist,cobra-roll,MCBR's,interlocking corkscrews,brakes...they should try something different.

Post February 23rd, 2004, 11:55 pm

yeah, they should replace the interlocking corkscrews with 2 ejector airtime hills.

Post February 24th, 2004, 4:27 am

i doubt that cance-morgan will make many more rides.. all their coasters are clones of magnum. or clones of steel force. yet another company that has no creative-ness in it.

.. i also think / hope that b&m will make a lap bar for the floorless coasters so they can comfortably put in these "ejector" airtime hills IF was talking about [:)] whoo that would be fun!

Post February 24th, 2004, 6:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

yeah i guess, that wouldnt be bad. I just think they should try something totally different from what they are doing now with theyre coasters.

Post February 24th, 2004, 8:27 pm

Points on hand: 4,515.00 Points
i think a floorless terrain coaster that goes over 200ft(doesnt have to drop that high, although would be cool)built on like the side of the mountain that goes steep and fast and has lots of inversions, and some airtime hills in there, but the floorless thing is getting old with the same layouts EVERYWERE and nothing really new.

Post February 24th, 2004, 11:43 pm

yeah, that'd be better than the current floorlesses, but it would be such a waste of space when you could make an amazing terrain woodie there instead of an ugly boring looper. Making another Boulder Dash type ride would be so much better than making a floorless there.

Post February 25th, 2004, 12:08 am

They aren't ugly. And they aren't boring...Not intense speed or air or laterals, but still fun.

Post February 25th, 2004, 2:47 am

Points on hand: 2,462.00 Points
Floorless's arent ugly by any means.

As for Boulder Dash, the POV I have made it seem really crappy...It just sort of meanders around. The layout isnt that great either, I dont know, when i first saw pictures it looked great, but after the POV it just seemed so slow, everywhere. It looks good though.

BTW, no ride has more dead straight track than BD, lol. Watching POV again, geez. It looks to have nice laterals, but thats about it.

Floorless though will have more intense speed than wood, wood isnt usually faster than 50-60mph and then it gets too rough (think SoB). Also, Ive heard that Superman Kyrpton Coaster will beat you to death, so, if ya want a steelie that throws your head into the restraints, I would recommend SKC :P

Dont compare apples to oranges, or in this case, like apples to bread. Its not even in the same category remotely, just like bread isnt a fruit, but both are food, like both are coasters. Thats all they have in common.

Post February 25th, 2004, 4:46 am

can we compare apples to bananna bread?......mmm

and boulder dash has great everything!! but the pov does suck

Post February 25th, 2004, 8:24 am

Originally posted by lowsodium

Floorless's arent ugly by any means.

As for Boulder Dash, the POV I have made it seem really crappy...It just sort of meanders around. The layout isnt that great either, I dont know, when i first saw pictures it looked great, but after the POV it just seemed so slow, everywhere. It looks good though.

BTW, no ride has more dead straight track than BD, lol. Watching POV again, geez. It looks to have nice laterals, but thats about it.

Floorless though will have more intense speed than wood, wood isnt usually faster than 50-60mph and then it gets too rough (think SoB). Also, Ive heard that Superman Kyrpton Coaster will beat you to death, so, if ya want a steelie that throws your head into the restraints, I would recommend SKC :P

Dont compare apples to oranges, or in this case, like apples to bread. Its not even in the same category remotely, just like bread isnt a fruit, but both are food, like both are coasters. Thats all they have in common.

Slow? bad layout? wtf are you talking about dude, that coaster has amazing pacing, and keeps a speed of about 60mph throughout the whole ride, as it is constantly getting lower. From what I've seen through a POV and what I've heard from people who rode it, it has about 14 instances of air, and looks just insane.

From what I heard about S:KC, its about the intensity level of a kiddy coaster, and I don't doubt that at all, since every B&M I've rode isn't intense at all.

Post February 25th, 2004, 4:50 pm

i hear that mantis is rather intense.. as for boulder dash, it has great everything like i said but only 2 instances of delicious lateral's. (after 1st drop, and the turn around) i think its the second best wooden ride out there!... possibly the best!

Post February 25th, 2004, 5:04 pm

I rode Mantis, it isn't intense but it hurts. Boulder Dash is probably top 10 in the world, and top 10 in the world is all wood, no steel [8D]

Post February 25th, 2004, 5:10 pm

SUPERMAN!!!! (sfne) that's gotta be in the top 10!! wait, if it hurts, then isnt it intense?? i still dont know the difference of these words lol

Post February 25th, 2004, 5:33 pm

S:ROS would be top 5 steel for me, but wood is just so much more than steel IMO. It is more than just track, its like they have a soul, and no steel coaster can capture that feeling you get looking up at Big Dipper in Chippewa Lake park, most people just don't understand that...and they are missing out on something really amazing then about coasters.

Intense is the excitement or adrenaline in the ride, like, if there are a lot of laterals that slam you into the side of your seat or airtime that throws you up in your seat instantly, something that is very thrilling. That is why I don't find most steel coasters intense, they just do nothing for me anymore since I've ridden woodies that are just so much better.

Post February 25th, 2004, 9:31 pm

You can't have only wood. Ya know, sometimes it just takes good old McFly to straighten every one out. j/k

First of all...Boulder Dash and crappy don't go in the same sentence. I haven't ridden it, so I won't comment on it, unlike some others, but from the POV I've seen it looks like a freakin amazing ride. IF is exactly right. The ride just rages on through the woods with loads of air.

But, also, steel does have its place. I mean, loops do add a bit of variey and unique elements to the coaster world. TTD, Millennium (I know, a lot of people 'say' it isn't fun, but it still is exciting). Expedition GeForce is probably THE best steel coaster in the world, from what I've read and heard. Speed is a factor, IMO, and to get speed, you gotta go steel (mostly). Intamin still has its place....and steel coasters aren't boring, and if you say that, I really believe you are probably deceiving yourself.

But again...Boulder Dash looks amazing!!

Post February 26th, 2004, 6:49 am

yeah, that basically summs it up.. but IF is right, wood rides do seem to "have a soul"

Post February 27th, 2004, 3:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,111.00 Points
Boulderdash boring and crappy? Dead straight track? I beg to differ!

Boulderdash in the early morning, on my first ride was pretty slow, an average fun ride, about on the level with the best B&Ms, not very intense, but fast.

Then I rode it again at about noon, and I was a changed person.[:O] No coaster can even come close to the pace Boulderdash sets, it never once lets up, every hill except one(thats 15 I believe) have at least heavy floater air, and the bunnies high up the mountain and at the end are all ejector. Add that with never going more then a few hundred feet without turning, its just incomparable. Yeah, I like Phoenix a bit better, but thats only because I like air so much, and its got the most in the world. I had ridden whats supposed to be the best steel coaster in America, SRoS@SFNE the very day before I rode Boulderdash, and SROS is a great ride and all, but doesn't come anywhere NEAR the dash. I don't care if your a steel person, boulderdash still owns 98% of everything out there.

And the short straits that boulderdash has are quite undead, they just add to the ripping feel of the airtime. The fact that it doesn't have barely any leadins only accentuates it and makes it much more intense(another thing steel coaster designers could stand to learn).

Sorry for going off topic, but I HAD to defend the dash from dissage.

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions