Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 I have no inspiration for my layouts !

I have no inspiration for my layouts !

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post June 30th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Points on hand: 312.00 Points
Hello coasterfans,
I would guys like to know where Great Nolimits Youtubers (yes with capital lettres) such as thecodemaster, nolimitscoasterfan or projektion get the inspiration for the awesome layouts of
their awesome coasters. I am actually building a b&m invert but the layout looks boring and unrealistic... :-(
YouTube Channel here : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxNbDAJhLyxxhN1YEGR7pw
I upload NoLimits 2 and Geometry Dash videos occasionnaly.

Points on hand: 2,347.00 Points
Just look at coasters in real live and give it your own twist.
Can you post a screenshot of your coaster? Then i give you some tips and tricks.

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I agree that you should look at existing coasters for inspiration if you're trying to create a coaster that emulates them. Watch lots of videos, pay attention to the layout flow, element choices, setting / landscape / interaction with scenery, small nuances in shaping. Think to yourself what could you do to make it your own. I sometimes focus on a singular "idea" and build a coaster around that. Like, "Wow, I really enjoy the look and feel of a huge RMC wave turn like on Lightning Rod" and design around that.

Maybe sculpt out a nice landscape and then try to build one around that, instead of staring at a giant green flat plot of land.

Maybe try to envision a mostly complete coaster layout in your head before laying any track; this may not be the way everyone works though.
Last edited by tiepilot35 on June 30th, 2017, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Im sure every designer goes through this at some point... The best option is to post it here and let community members give you creative advice for the project you are working on.
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Points on hand: 312.00 Points
Thanks ! I'll post some screenshots of my invert soon ! Thanks to you all ! ;-)
YouTube Channel here : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxNbDAJhLyxxhN1YEGR7pw
I upload NoLimits 2 and Geometry Dash videos occasionnaly.

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Make your coaster interact with itself in interesting ways. Have central elements and build around them. Supports are as much a part of a ride as the track itself; head-choppers are great and add lots to a ride. Whenever you have track wandering around think how you can bend it to fill empty areas of a ride and improve pacing and flow. Here are some layouts I've been working on recently:

mobius top.jpg

wyvernTop.jpg

nolimits2stm_2016-09-24_21-03-55.png

Each has central themes and builds around them. The first has 2 lifts as a centerpiece and duels underneath; above; and to either side. The 2nd has interlocking loops dead center with a lift going through them; and nested cutbacks looming over the station; and the 3rd (nowhere near done yet) has the station as a centerpiece with loops around it.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,511.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

So there are multiple answers.

I ALWAYS struggle with this. A lot of realism comes from practice, observation and understanding. Asking people for help is always a good thing.

Take the first pic Slosprint posted. That ride was a creation of a challenge that I gave him directly that was nearly impossible. He turned it into a really awesome ride!

Look at rides in real life. Look at others projects. Look at a garden hose or play with a pencil. There are always ways to make fun and creative elements that can spice up your projects.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I thought that slosprint's "build around central elements" idea would help me build more better tracks! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
His methods actually make sense! Thanks for the example, Cool5! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2