Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Ride History Videos

Ride History Videos

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post November 9th, 2017, 12:39 am
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,270.00 Points

To the point: YouTube channels for theme park ride history and background. See the channel list below.

Background: So recently, someone I follow on Twitter made a comment about Action Park, the water park with the infamous looping water slide and numerous deaths. I lived not far from the place, though I never went, but have been curious for a while. Many people only talk about the deaths there and the looping water slide.

But in this case, the person posted a link to a video about the park from a channel called Defunctland. I highly enjoyed the video and proceeded to marathon the rest of them.

The videos are well done and informative. For me, my favorites are actually the podcasts. So much background on different attractions and things in the park.

YouTube being YouTube, as I watched video after video, YouTube started recommending related videos to me. Besides Defunctland, my other favorite has been Park Ride History.

It seems many people actually found the channel after that Action Park video went up, even though it and similar channels have been around for nearly a year.

Bonus, in the case of Defunctland, they appear to be trying to create a virtual park with all these attractions in it. I haven't looked too much into it, but could be something people here can help out on if interested.

YouTube Channels:

Hope everyone enjoys and if you know others, please post.

Post November 9th, 2017, 9:13 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'm a fan of the Defunctland series as well, however I don't share the same fascination with Disney parks that many people do, I don't get the appeal.

Would be cool if he did a video on Windjammer
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 9th, 2017, 6:27 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,270.00 Points

Well, he goes off the requests in the video comments... and many requests are for Disney. I need to think of what rides/parks I'm curious about and ask about them.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions