Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Is there I file I can download to improve my fps??

Is there I file I can download to improve my fps??

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Cuz I downloaded Mega Blaster and I can't see anything smoothly, I have his exact video card requirement, Nvidia Geforce 2 MX 440 64mb, and it still won't run. Plus I thought I saw a file that would improve frame rate on a site somewhere, I just can't find it.

Post March 19th, 2004, 9:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,465.00 Points

Hmm, it sounds intresting. I hope someone replies soon.
I'm back!

Post March 20th, 2004, 3:28 am

Points on hand: 3,503.00 Points
Could you tell the settings you use in the sim?

Also check your drivers and driversettings.

And if all that doesn't help, some BIOS-tweaks might be needed, allthough I wouldn't recommend those if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

My Comp is tweaked for best performance. I have a stripped Version of Win98SE (with parts of Win 95) for high Windows-performance, I got smaller cycles in the bios and a lot of other stuff. I found that I can compete with more expensive card/cpu/OS combinations by doing all that.

BTW: I run at 1024*768, 32bit, medium quality. I get 23fps when sitting high in the corner looking at the complete city. On ride FPS don't go below 35-40.

Buster.

PS: To find out what driver the sim is using, start the simulator and click on "INFO". At the bottom it will tell you which OpenGL-driver is being used. That should be:
NVIDIA - MX,AGP,SSE,3DNOW! - Version 1.4.1

Post March 20th, 2004, 2:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
hmm.. i know there's many options that mabye if you'd turn the stuff off you'd get a higher fps (like shadow's and stuff). Im brainless when it comes to the hardwhere of a computer, so i cant help you that way

Post March 20th, 2004, 2:23 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Return to No Limits Coaster