Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports HersheyPark in the Dark (10/30)

HersheyPark in the Dark (10/30)

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post November 2nd, 2004, 5:42 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
first off i haven't been here for awile since our family was moving, but here's my trip
Friday night at the football game one of my friend asked if i wanted to go to hershey on saturday, of course i said yes and i was off. When we got there, we first headed to Storm Runner. We were NEXT IN LINE WHEN IT BROKE. We waited about 30 minuets and decided to get out of line considering we had till midnight and it was 430. WE hit the arcade, and then headed to Great Bear. Caught a ride in the back seat, Great bear still is a awesome ride to me, just a horriable ending. The drop rocks and the last corkscrew is sweet, just the ending is horriable. And the Bear had a new set of wheels so she was flying, it was great. Next we hit SooperDooperLooper, and that thing had a new set of wheels to, it was really moving (rode in front seat). Storm Runner was still closed, so we hit the arcades, and just walked around. I swear, all the hot girls come out on halloween[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]. We rode lightning racer, and headed back towards Storm Runner, still closed, so back to great bear. Back seat again, but this time we rode with two hot girls[:D]. Anyway, it was about 8, and Storm Runner still wasn't opened, so back to Great Bear (front), and Lightning Racer (back) seat. Lightning Racer was pretty sweet at night. Then while walking, about 930 i heard that wonderfull psssssss sound, Storm Runner was finally open. We got in line, and about 30 minuets later we were on it. It was GREAT. You head out to the launch pad, the speakers are playing the heart beat sound, then you hear the train click, and move back a few inches, this is when i put my hands up, then Now get ready, here we go, and boom. You are SLAMMED into your seat, hands are slammed back, it's awesome. Before you know it your vertical and hit the intense 90 degree turn, slamed with some lat's. Then your out of your seat, and cresing the top hat, and that drop, holy crap. You just see ground and red track sitting there, you don't see the track, it's just you and the ground, and your still out of your seat agganst the restraint. Then the +g's slam you down, and you enter the cobra loop. It seems to take like five seconds to get to the top, it's so huge, at the top you turn off, and get a small amount of airtime, not a great inversion, but better then any BM inversion. Next you head up the hill to the barrel roll, this part is fairly rough, but you hit airtime at the top of this hill, and you are NOT in your seat till you go through the barrel roll and flying snake dive. It is so awesome, up agganst the restraint for ever, not knowhing which way is up or down. The ending was nothing special to me, just a high banked turns, no force with them, then in the breaks, and it's over. Storm Runner is definatly my favorite coaster on earth, very short, but worth the wait. After this we walked around, then caught up with my friends sister and her boyfriend, and together we rode Storm Runner, this time in thick fog, and that was great to. With the ride being lit up, at the top all you saw was blue, it was like you were in a whole different world. Then after this ride it was 11:55, and we ran to Great Bear and caught the last train, and we were the only people on the ride, that was pretty sweet.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports