Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster UPDATE 1.4!!!

UPDATE 1.4!!!

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post March 31st, 2004, 8:42 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

There is now PICTURES of the next NL update at nolimits coaster.de, and as i said before, it is gonna be shuttles!!!!! i can't wait till it is out...

www.nolimitscoaster.de

<<GRIM>>
Last edited by Edge on April 1st, 2004, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 31st, 2004, 8:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,024.00 Points

Post March 31st, 2004, 9:09 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points

Post April 1st, 2004, 7:47 am

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
I would have preferd to see suspended swing coasters! at least the pc update will include a basic terraformer like our Mac friends already have! what the hell is that coin up coaster supposed to be!
doesnt look like a lot could be done with it!

Post April 1st, 2004, 9:25 am

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

Yeah I wanna know it too. But thanx
Grim. I really hope this update is free...

Post April 1st, 2004, 9:47 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
roely all updates are free, i have followed NL from the first update 1.25. thanks for the info.

Dirk

Post April 1st, 2004, 10:47 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

wtf! What the hell coaster is that suposed to be? Im also hoping that isnt the final outcome of t he track, because it looks crappy. I dont see why eveyone has to lie and say that it loos great, this happened withthe woody update last time. Im not complaining as it is a free update but whatever, seems a waste of time to create something like that

Post April 1st, 2004, 10:52 am

ok, so its suposed to be something like the picture below...a coin operated ride.

Post April 1st, 2004, 11:28 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

I agree with the Edge on this one, Is this what he thought what a proper shuttle was?. Ole im not really impressed by little kiddie rides.

I think the track is finished as by looking at the real coaster theres nothing really to do

Post April 1st, 2004, 11:38 am

Points on hand: 3,103.00 Points

I have never seen this type of coaster before. But appearantly it exists somewhere in the world. Come on people, what the hell is the point. I mean really. Am I missing something here? How many variations in design could you possibly make. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, oh gosh, I cant' contain my excitement. I guess, you could create a "wild mouse" type ride with this style, so theres promise there. All along I was looking forward to suspended. I mean shuttles are pretty boring. Once you've seen one, you've seen them all, maybe just slightly varied in height and speed or an extra inversion here or there, but they're all the same. They're going to get boring really quick. Oh well, maybe I'll give Scream Machines another try.
I guess I've been spoiled by all the past updates. After 3 months I guess I expected a more worth while update. But then again, that's easy for me to say, as I am not a software programer, but I can't imagine shuttles being that difficult to code. Or this new style for that matter. Ok, ok I'm done.

Post April 1st, 2004, 11:38 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,589.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Yeah, that looks a bit crappy, I have seen that ride before and thought to myself, "I wish i could build that on No Limits" NOT!!!!! In the time its taken to create that ride type, a better ride type could have been made like 4D COASTERS! or flying coasters. I am not impressed in the slightest.

Post April 1st, 2004, 11:44 am

I just thought of something. Maybe this is some kind of sick April Fools joke or something![dunno]

Post April 1st, 2004, 12:02 pm

do they have april fools day in germany!I really hope this isnt the update!
roll on scream machines 2

Post April 1st, 2004, 12:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
congratulations to CSTRFRK, the first one to really realise what this was all about!

Post April 1st, 2004, 12:07 pm

I just thought of something. Maybe this is some kind of sick April Fools joke or something!

Also had the same thought. Im probaly expecting it is, if so ha! If not well..... need i say anything else [lol]

Post April 1st, 2004, 12:55 pm

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

Well if this is an aprils fools day its not funny. But the coaster's a bit boring. I hope there will be some more track stiles than only this boring one...

Post April 1st, 2004, 3:14 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

The NoLimits team proudly present the first screenshots of the long awaited new NoLimits Coaster update v.1.4 that will feature shuttle coasters. Yes, you heard right, NoLimits will contain coasters that go back and forth in the near future. Awesome. Lots of people demanded them and now the wait is (almost) over. We put a lot of work in the update so far and we weren't too good for also adding a new great coaster style called the Coin Up Coaster also known as the Butterfly Coaster. Check out the shots...

If my English is correct, which I am certain it is, unless they messed up. They are inferring two new features in the update.
1. Shuttle coasters
2. Coin Up Track Style & Car (the one in the screenshot)
Someone challenge this conclusion if you think I am wrong?

Post April 1st, 2004, 3:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Aah, stop questioning it all, you all fell for it.

As for WeeWeeslaps post, this represents how a shuttle coaster could work, going backwards AND forwards.

Post April 1st, 2004, 3:25 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

As for Biggs, I suggest you re-read the underlined part and a better prank would be for them to come out today and say "April Fool's we, fooled you!" Then tomorrow post that it indeed is going to occur.

Post April 1st, 2004, 3:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Theres two new buttons in the editor screenie! Can you spot them??

Post April 1st, 2004, 4:07 pm

Yeah, lock for probably locking the banking on a vertex and "add endpoint vertex" next to "add vertex." What's your point. These are surely for shuttle designs.

And Biggs, why are you acting as if your possitive about the update being a prank. I don't think it is. If anything, maybe they're keeping a surprise to themselves until it's finally released. Doubtful, but one can only hope. Well at the least some of the interface in the editor will be prettier. Oh well, whatever.

Post April 1st, 2004, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 4,794.00 Points
Originally posted by owen jay

do they have april fools day in germany!

Yes, they do.[;)]

I guess this is just a joke, but it is also a good sign. If the real NL1.4 wasn't finished they wouldn't have time to create a joke like this, so I expect it to be released soon.

Post April 1st, 2004, 4:49 pm

Points on hand: 67,131.00 Points
could be just a 3ds file inserted in as well.......

Post April 1st, 2004, 5:26 pm

I really couldn't see Ole releasing such a naf update but who knows?
maybe the cars spin!!

Post April 1st, 2004, 5:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
well obviously this is an April fools day joke, I mean if you compare the quality of the 1.3 update with this, this is pathetic. At first I was really stunned when I saw this, I actually believed it. Now let's hope the rumors about this update are actually true.

Maybe we are close to the actual release date of 1.4 [pshades]

Next

Return to No Limits Coaster