Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Scary movies

Scary movies

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post April 3rd, 2004, 4:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

I just saw "The Ring" for the first time and in my opinion, it made NO sense whatsoever, even with my suround sound home theater system, the parts where teh background music make the sudden stops or somthing jumps out at the screen and they play or make a loud noise, stuff like that didnt scare me. If anything, it made me laugh. My friends said that movie was one of the scariest movies they have ever seen... well, it was the most confusing movie i've seen. The trend that i see in scary movies is they give you clues throughout the movie, kinda like a mystery/suspense, then they tie it together at the end...what a joke. The only "scary" movie that i have seen that actually made me jump was "Signs". Well anyway, what do you guys think about the ring and scary movies in general. Whats your fav. genre of movies? Mine is comedy, anything that will make me split my sides gets my vote.
(the funniest thing in the ring was when the horse jumped out the boat and it hit the side of it, that was hillarious)

Post April 3rd, 2004, 5:15 pm

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

You were afraid of signs???? That is the dumbest movie I have ever seen! Oh well, I don't think many movies are scary, but The Ring was kinda. It's funny how they make fun of it on Scary Movie 3.

Post April 3rd, 2004, 5:50 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Post April 3rd, 2004, 6:42 pm

Originally posted by 38801xlr8

You were afraid of signs???? That is the dumbest movie I have ever seen! Oh well, I don't think many movies are scary, but The Ring was kinda. It's funny how they make fun of it on Scary Movie 3.

i wasnt afraid of it, one scene made me jump. that was the only thrill i got out of that movie. Now taht i have seen the ring, i can see scary movie 3.
What part of the ring was scary? and did you understand it at all? My brother kept on saying the video didnt exist and that the girl caused it all, but it still doesnt make sense to me

Post April 3rd, 2004, 7:19 pm

Post April 3rd, 2004, 7:32 pm

yeah, sm1 is for scream, sm2 is for the haunting, and sm3 is for the ring

Post April 3rd, 2004, 7:52 pm

The begining of sm2 is with the Excorsist. (or however u spell it)

Post April 3rd, 2004, 10:37 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
i was thinking i was gonna be petrified of the ring, everyone was talking about how its the scariest movie ever made, then i saw it and it wasnt scare ay all! i didnt flinch or even get mildly nervous! it was a complete waste of money! but i also have never gotten scared during a "scary" movie.. i guess sitting in a theatre just isnt scary to me. i never understood how its scary.. besides, its not happening to you lol [:)] but yeah, it was BAD! and i think that the first scary movie was the best one. sm2 wasnt bad, but it certainly wasnt good. and i have yet to see sm3. but yeah, the ring is a BAD MOVIE!

...i just reread the poast and: wait wait wait?!!! you were afraid of signs?!!! that was the stupidest movie i have ever seen (im being serious) and to add to the stupidity, the dam alien was humanoid and reptilian just like in every single alien movie ever made.

Post April 3rd, 2004, 11:56 pm

They need to make different lookin aliens. That would be cool.

Post April 4th, 2004, 1:34 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
i know! they're all humanoid or they're reptilian, or they are just blob-like or something stupid like that and they make dinosaur sounds. none of them are origional! (especially star trek aliens)

Post April 4th, 2004, 2:49 pm

like i have said before, i wasnt scared of signs, a scence made me jump. Like when i was watching it, somthing happened and its like, woa, took me by suprise. Yeah, my friends said the ring was the scariest movie they ever saw, it was a big letdown for me, and everyone says sm3 sucks, but i will be the judge of that myself when i see it.

Post April 4th, 2004, 10:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,062.00 Points
The Ring ( got the movie don't know why) wasn't scary at all. I was majorly dissapointed in it; I should have listened to my friends and not got the movie.

Post April 4th, 2004, 11:28 pm

Points on hand: 2,557.00 Points

I saw the newer version of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre last night at my friend's b-day party. It freaks me out that something like that actually happened!! (Well, the main idea, anyways) Towards the very end, we started making fun of it... Ya know.. How we would have reacted in comparison to them... Anyways! When we were all goin to bed, there were balloon everywhere and they were movin around and there was an attic above our heads and at the door, there was a cat that kept meowing!! The cat, like, lives under the house or something and like... I guess, really wanted in.. So, we were all freakin and screaming when there wasnt really anything to freak or scream about. I guess my point is, that you know it isnt a really scary movie if it doesn't give you the "after shits"!! lol [lol]
Love ya!!!!
[r] Britni [r]
p.s.-- This is my first post!! Hoo-rah for me!!

Post April 4th, 2004, 11:30 pm

Points on hand: 2,557.00 Points

The Ring is more of a "make you think" kinda movie... It only scared me when she came out of the freakin t.v....
(2nd!!!)
Love ya!!!
[r] Britni!! [r]

Post April 5th, 2004, 12:06 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

I just bought Texas Chainsaw Massacre yesterday. I didn't get completely thru the movie yet cuz I had stuff to do but from what I saw, it's pretty crazy...*spoiler* especially that hitch hiker lady at the beginning

Post April 5th, 2004, 8:54 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

[lol] Scary movies generaly dont scare, although one time... me and my now ex gf ( living right next to a wood an all) decied to watch the bliar witch project late one night, and it was only me and her in the house (ill let your minds wander) After it finished around 11, I had the great idea of going for a walk in the woods. I have to admit your mind starts playing tricks on you. My gf was holding my arm so tight itwas beggining to hurt. When it was all silent, i would shout pretty loud, and i swear to god the poor girl almost had a heart attack...anyway....

Post April 5th, 2004, 9:49 am

Points on hand: 4,653.00 Points
Yeah, I usually don't get scared at movies, but I have to admit the the Blair Witch Project really was scary for me. I saw it in an older theater, and it was cold and water was dripping from the ceiling... very atmospheric.[:O]

Post April 5th, 2004, 12:02 pm

i havent seen blair witch, i have heard that its scary and its not. My friends told me it was scary (when it came out) because it was shot from a regular camcorder and they didnt say if it was real or not

Post April 8th, 2004, 3:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points

THe ring creeped me out, I found it more creepy than scary, and the end left you hanging.

I havent seen the Exorsist yet, have any of yall?
It is still considered the scariest movie of all time. My dad has the DVD version with extra footage, and theres a sceen with flashes in it, and my dads friend said he went to see what they were and he wished he didnt.

Post April 8th, 2004, 3:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

The blair witch project was fairly scary the first time i saw it. Bearing in mind i was alot younger also, and the unique camera view does deffintly add to your veiwing pleasure [;)] Although after seeing the movie a couple of times it does seem a bit dumb

Post April 8th, 2004, 3:29 pm

I have seen the exorcist and it didnt scare me, keep in my mind i saw it alone at night. It was more freaky than scary. i did not cuss for about a month after i saw it lol

Post April 9th, 2004, 8:10 pm

Points on hand: 3,062.00 Points
The only 2 movies that scared me (when I was younger) was the original Exorcist and Psycho. I was a young kid when i saw these and i refused to take a shower when I first saw pshyco and refused to clean up my room when I saw the Exorcist for the first time as well.

Post April 9th, 2004, 8:27 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

The Exorcist is pretty scary. The Blair Witch Project is a long boring dumb movie. The only part that is remotely good is the last couple of minutes when they are in that house. I thought that part was good.

I like the movie House on Haunted Hill because the Incredible Hulk coaster is in it. [:D]

Post April 9th, 2004, 8:30 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
Any of you guys ever see the movie Session 9? It doesn't really qualify as a 'scary movie', but it still kind of freaked me out.

Post April 9th, 2004, 11:29 pm

I havn't seen it. The blair witch project was one of the most stupidest things i've every seen, even when I was eleven! The excorsist was pretty scary. Once when we had like 10 friend stay for halloween we saw freddy cougar 1 and IT. Everytime something popped out or a scary moment all of us would scream.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion