Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion What game system

What game system

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

What game system

X Box
40%
Play Station
40%
Game Cube
20%

Total votes : 20

Post April 19th, 2004, 9:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points

What New Generation Game System do you like?
I wont put any hand held systems though, just becuase there is only one new generation hand held system out right now.
Give Reasons behind your rating when you post to topic.

I will be doing a seperat poll on old generation game systems later.

Post April 20th, 2004, 7:50 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

man i think PSX and PS2 are the bomb, sure x-box has halo and al those cool games but PS has more better games that look realistic, but anyway im selling my playstation sooo.............-BEER-

Post April 20th, 2004, 8:38 am
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

game cube is the smallest, and has the funest games, even if there are not the best.

Post April 20th, 2004, 11:21 am

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points

Post April 20th, 2004, 12:28 pm

i have xbox and gamecube, sure the playstation has a ton of games, but the graphics card in the ps does not match up to the xbox, even if some of the games are realistic, Xbox is the most powerful system out there, it has about 777 mgz, a lot more than ps2's, game cube even has more more mgz than ps2, and game does have some fun games. I got it cus it has a lot the of the good old nintendo games remade and new ones, and xbox has a lot of cool games, the two best are halo and ninja gaiden, until halo 2 comes out. also the xbox has made a lot of records within its first year of release. Mainly cus of halo. this is my opinion.

Post April 20th, 2004, 12:29 pm

Oh, also when the ps3 comes out, thats when the xbox will have some real competition on powerful gamesystems. Unles a xbox 2 comes out whent he ps3 comes out.

Post April 20th, 2004, 2:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,653.00 Points
Xbox is more powerful. So what? Basically all it had going for it was Halo, and now Ninja Gaiden. I can't even think of one other popular game or franchise that is exclusive to the Xbox. As I like to do more than just kill people for fun, this isn't the system for me.
I picked PS2 because the games are simply better. With the backwards compatibility, there are literally thousands of game to choose from. From old classics to great new games. And if you don't think PS2 can have stunning graphics, you need to see Final Fantasy X, because it is the best looking game out there. Period.
I also have GC, but I am really disappionted in their increasingly childish games. While I know they want to attract new gamers, they are completely ignoring existing fans that are growing older. They lost me when the put out Zelda: Kartoon Kwest or whatever the hell it's called.

Post April 20th, 2004, 4:24 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
game cube, family has got that and there are some nice games for[:)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post April 20th, 2004, 4:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points

Post April 20th, 2004, 4:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,558.00 Points

Going to have to go with Playstation... love the games! but maybe the fact that i haven't got an Xbox or Gamecube may have something to do with that voting lol.

Post April 20th, 2004, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points
I have PS2, and my little brother has Gamecube. But I like PS2 the best out of all the systems because to me it has the most fun games. I also like Xbox, but I dont have it, so I don't really know to much about it. I don't like Gamecube to much mainly because my brother has games that are boring and easy, so I don't play it much. But I don't know much about that system either. So my choise is PS2.

Post April 20th, 2004, 6:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

I have a game cube. I don't play video games that much unless I have a friend over or something.

Post April 20th, 2004, 7:31 pm

RCTandy, I already knew that final fantasy X had supurb graphics, but have you taken a look at the cg animations for ninja gaiden, they are really superb graphics, very real looking, but those only show up in the more important sequences. Halo 2 is going to have really good graphics too, that game is going to bring out the xbox's full potential.
A lot of people like the ps2 because of the wide diversity of games and you can play ps games on it too. I was going to get ps2 only because of the ff games and soul reaver 2 and the castle vania games, but there are more games on xbox that i like to play.

Also the systems are seperated into catagories for what age group they appeal to. You know, the most type of game ratings that come out on that system.

X Box is made more for adults and mature audiences

PS2 is made more for teens

Gamecube is made more for kids

People can argue and fight about which system is best, but its really the persons opinion on the game system. Really, the two top new generation game systems duking it out are the X Box and the PS2. But in the end, you find that no one can be sure what the best system is, because more new and advanced systems come out. I really actually wanted to hear peoples opinions, but up above I was just stating the most powerful game system right now, not the best, because there is no best. If any of you get what im saying, good. If not, then that means more explaining for me to do.

Post April 20th, 2004, 9:05 pm

Points on hand: 4,183.00 Points

They all have their strong sides, but the PS2 has a better controller in my opinion. It's a lot better for overall gameplay; mainly racing games. Seeing as I mainly have racing games for some reason, the PS2 is just better. The XBox does have better graphics and Halo, but Halo is also available for computer where the controls are more accurate. And the Gamecube has somewhat good graphics, but they're too cartoony and the games are designed for smaller/younger children. But I'm sticking by my PS2.

Post April 20th, 2004, 9:31 pm

My opinion is that whoever owns a certain system, and then plays a different system, will say their system is better, such as, i like the x box controller set up, i find it more comforting that the gamecube, the ps2 controller is almost the same but the geometric shapes for buttons always confuse me, i like the traditional a,b,x,y.

Post April 20th, 2004, 11:32 pm

Points on hand: 4,653.00 Points
People can argue and fight about which system is best, but its really the persons opinion on the game system.

Yeah, I agree. Each system has its strengths. Didn't mean to be dissing the Xbox, I just really like PS2 games, and graphics isn't as important to me as an imaginative world and great gameplay. Besides, the last thing I need is ANOTHER game system to feed my addiction...[:p]

Post April 21st, 2004, 10:41 am

Points on hand: 2,553.00 Points
Playstation all the way, they got some of the best games for the PS2 console such as Dance Dance Revolution Max(DDRMAX), DDRMAX2, and Socom I and II. [:D]

Post April 21st, 2004, 6:37 pm

RCTandy, i like games with a good story line, or great action storyline, possibly my favorite games with real good story lines are the Shenmue series. Also its not your typacl magic quest, the newer ff games do that also, there not typical magic quests, but also Shenmue takes place in the real world, in 1987.

Post April 24th, 2004, 8:04 am

Points on hand: 427.00 Points

I like the XBOX the best, cause of the game HALO
Next I like the Playstation the best

Post April 24th, 2004, 8:33 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I did recently just sell my XBox, and so obviously had to sell Halo aswell :( but I still have my PS2, PS2 has the widest variety of games I think.[:)] I think XBox is the best, purely because of Halo, if it wasn't for Halo then I think that the XBox would just be crap, lol. As soon as Halo 2 comes out this autumn (fall) I'm gonna buy another XBox just for Halo 2, its gonna be INSANE! [:D]

Post April 24th, 2004, 9:44 am

Yup, halo 2 is going to be insane, you should also read the books The Fall of Reach, which is the prequel to Halo, and the newest book out, which i always forget the name of, but its not halo the flood. The new book takes place after halo and before halo 2.

Post April 24th, 2004, 9:52 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I have heard about the books, but I hate reading so, no [lol] I'll just stick with the game thank you, hahaha.

Post April 24th, 2004, 9:59 am

I hate reading also, but i made an exception to the halo books because you learn so much about what went on before halo, what went on with masterschief, who he really is, and so much more. I havet read the new one yet. I could tell you the most important info in fall of of what i read so far if you dont want to read the books.

Post July 14th, 2004, 5:54 pm

Points on hand: 4,004.00 Points

i visited the other forum, that everyone says Xbox rocks only for ESPN NFL 2K5, IMO PS2 for ESPN NFL 2K5 rocks baby!

Post July 15th, 2004, 11:45 am

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
I prefer Nintendo. It's games are so... fun. I like how they have an organized set of characters rather than going balls with random characters like on the other consels. If you know what I mean.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion