Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Rating Recreations

Rating Recreations

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post December 5th, 2004, 2:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
First, this does have to do with a rate by DJ on Pyrenees. Its not directed just at him, Ive see this happen alot.

But theres alot of rides out there that people dont know about. Some people find these rides out, like em, then recreate em. Sadly for them, many people mistake these rides for being just regular rides and even if its a GOOD recreation, they will get points knocked off for silly things.

Using Pyrenees as an example, its a weird ride in real life. Its what Ive heard it being called as a "super-batman". Its got a similar beginning to batman, then ends kind of like Raptor/Talon. Its an old school B&M ride in Japan in a park called...Park Spain (no clue why).

Anyways, when you ride a re-creation make sure its a recreation. If it is, you MUST do your homework to rate. Rating on what you "feel" it should be isnt really acceptable. Its not his fault the ride has odd supports or the colors suck. You should rate it AGAINST the real thing, NOT your opinion.

Luckily for most of you, this ride just recenetly got some attention. Before Robb Alvey went there and took video and other pictures cropped up, I couldnt find more than 2 pictures that showed the same loop.

But as a word to the wise, please read what the ride type is. If its a recreation, you should rate against the real thing, which means you need to do some research. Rating against your opinion is like me rating a fantasy coaster against real life. Its not fair and shouldnt be done. I myself have some rides I wish to recreate that many people dont know about and Im sure theres others here. Its nice to see some obscure rides becoming reality in nolimits.

/rant off

Post December 5th, 2004, 3:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
hehe I noticed that too Real, it was amazing how many people didn't know about this coaster..

Post December 5th, 2004, 4:13 pm

Theres others Ive seen too, not just this one. So Im not picking on you DJ ;) pyrenees though is an odd ride. Much like some other larger rides in other countries that go unnoticed. Over time people know, but people should check to see if its realistic, recreation or fantasy.

Post December 5th, 2004, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 1.00 Points
------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 6th, 2004, 7:37 am

Points on hand: 3,800.00 Points

I usually rate the ride based on the ride itself, things like smoothness and so on. If it says recreation I tend to be stricker with rating because unless they did i really horrible job, no company makes a ride where you can clearly see the segments and has painful G-Spikes.

Post December 6th, 2004, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

IMO, I think the technical part of the rating is the only part that should be 'compared/related' to the actual ride in real life. The adrenaline and originality should be based on the raters opinion.

Post December 6th, 2004, 5:43 pm

Yes, anything techincal should be compared and rated based on the rides original condition. Your opinion of how it should be is useless in this reguard.

However, of course, since adreneline is your opinion, I dont like to use Originality for a recreation. I think you definatly should switch that category to something like "accuracy". How well is the overall ride represented? How well does it look like its real life counterpart? etc.

Cause if its originality, then only the handful of original rides in the world would get decent scores.

Post December 6th, 2004, 11:14 pm

Points on hand: 1.00 Points
------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to No Limits Coaster