Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Send American Troops letters of Thanks!!!!

Send American Troops letters of Thanks!!!!

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Alright this is something that one of the students at my school is doing. It's called A Million Thanks, I'm sure some you of you have heard about it, and possibly even sent a letter, but if you wanna send on go to http://www.amillionthanks.org/. I'm sure the letters will be given to the soldiers that weren't idiots and did what ever those stupid people did. anyways thanks for your help, The more people that help, the sooner they can shut up about it at my school, thx.

Post May 11th, 2004, 6:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

yeah! thanks for killing thousands of innocent people in Iraq and other countries. Also thanks for dragging other countries like the UK into the war aswell, which increases the chance of us being under terrorist attack.....

Post May 11th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Points on hand: 2,347.00 Points

Post May 11th, 2004, 7:40 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by The Edge

yeah! thanks for killing thousands of innocent people in Iraq and other countries. Also thanks for dragging other countries like the UK into the war aswell, which increases the chance of us being under terrorist attack.....

I wouldn't say thousands, it's more of in the hundred area. Anyways, it wasn't their choice to fight in it (it kinda was) but if they approved of it, or not they still had to go, so basically its get back safely letters, and I'm sure they aren't killing people unless they have to, didn't you ever see Black Hawk Down??? There's a rule of not firing, unless being fired at, and unless their retarded, like some Americans have proven to be, they don't break that rule, and also if you guys are that concern spend more on security, I'm sure that might help with the economy as well (I'm not sure though cuz I don't think it's doing anything over here)

Post May 12th, 2004, 10:18 am

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
it's called the rules of engagement, and sometimes doesn't quite appear as it should in movies. btw, the chances of terrorist attack have diminished everywhere with saddam hussein gone. DUH! do you really believe that iraq ISN'T better off now? we have done that country a big favor, and the ironic thing about it is that they are killing themselves. the radical terrorist networks are taking down their own people for a pointless cause. the world sure is a funny place...

Post May 12th, 2004, 3:00 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,878.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Originally posted by rocketboy711

it's called the rules of engagement, and sometimes doesn't quite appear as it should in movies. btw, the chances of terrorist attack have diminished everywhere with saddam hussein gone. DUH! do you really believe that iraq ISN'T better off now? we have done that country a big favor, and the ironic thing about it is that they are killing themselves. the radical terrorist networks are taking down their own people for a pointless cause. the world sure is a funny place...

for your info, saddam wasn't on the planes crashing into the towers, saddam wasn't in the south african embassy, saddam was never in any of the car bombings. the chances of terrorism have increased because now they have even more hatred for us Americans. What favor have we done to that country? They're killing the crap out of soldiers there, they're blowing up soldiers there, thanks for the appreciation Iraquis. Of course I cannot say everyone is like that, but sure seems like the majority is. and them taking down their own people, sure they do, but they also target us, ahem 9/11
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post May 12th, 2004, 6:50 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

Originally posted by rocketboy711

for your info, saddam wasn't on the planes crashing into the towers, saddam wasn't in the south african embassy, saddam was never in any of the car bombings. the chances of terrorism have increased because now they have even more hatred for us Americans. What favor have we done to that country? They're killing the crap out of soldiers there, they're blowing up soldiers there, thanks for the appreciation Iraquis. Of course I cannot say everyone is like that, but sure seems like the majority is. and them taking down their own people, sure they do, but they also target us, ahem 9/11

Exactly, but we took out Saddam cuz we thought he had WMD;s, and he didn't (at the time any ways) and we did do a favor for the Iraqy (dunno how you spell it) people, now all we can do is not abuse our prisoners, but still get them to talk. But either way, I think it's pointless cuz we will never be able to get ride of terrorism unless people change thier attitudes and values on life.

Post May 12th, 2004, 8:03 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

I don't see the damn point of not abusing them, sure is wrong and all but they do it to prisoners all the time, eye for eye tooth for tooth is my motto. Heck, they decapitated someone that wasn't even involved in the war, great way to show morals. Also there was never conclusive proof that hobo there had weapons of mass destruction, well they did, a machine gun,. an ak47 can be consired a weapon os mass destruction cuz you can kill like 100 people with it before you run out of bullets. Just a lame excuse for bushy to go into war with Iraq. Just was upset his pops couldn't finish the job back in the days. Anyway I hate this topic, too many opinions to counter argue.
Paradox wrote:

Post May 12th, 2004, 9:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,980.00 Points

His pop pulled out for some stupid reason, if he didn't we wouldn't be having this war. We were kicking ass too. We still are but the only main reson are troops are dieing is cuz of those stupid gay car bombs and stuff. The stupid iraquis cant hit a thing lol. All though a chance for a terrorist attack might have gone up, so has our sucerity. All we have to do is blow the poop out of o'samma :)

Post May 13th, 2004, 12:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
saddam still funded most of those groups, however. i would bet you $1 million that he did have WMDs, but they're buried in the desert like those mig-25s they found that you probably haven't heard about. it's hard to stick a 25 ton aircraft 10 feet underground, but it's even harder to find it in a country the size of california. those aircraft were also equiped with illegal weapons systems from either (pick one): france or russia. [approve]

[url=http://www.rb-29.net/HTML/03RelatedStories/03.09relcontinfo/09.37.NwsfmIrq.htm]

Post May 13th, 2004, 11:37 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

well, at send letters wishing them a safe return, thats wat I did, but I was also forced to.

Post May 14th, 2004, 4:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points

I just dont understand why people are blaming George Bush for the attacks when Clinton a almoost 2 oppurtunities to wipe out Suddam but when he missed he just flat-out gave up. i also have watched shows wewere troops who have lost limbs and have gotten badly hurt in the war said that if they could go back snd fight they would. So all these people who are saying we shouldn't have sent the troops need to shut their mouths and let the troops make their own desicions[stoning]
"If looks could kill I'd be a dead man."

Post May 14th, 2004, 6:10 pm

Points on hand: 4,653.00 Points
Ah man, can't believe I've been missing out on this one![lol]

Where to start....

saddam still funded most of those groups, however.

umm, no he didn't. there is more evidence that our "ally" saudi arabia has funded terrorist cells than Iraq.

All though a chance for a terrorist attack might have gone up, so has our sucerity. All we have to do is blow the poop out of o'samma :)

....what? So, we have more security, but we're in more danger from terrorism...that makes absolutely no sense. Killing Osama will not do a thing to stop terrorism either, as someone else will simply take his place. The only way to stop terrorism is to stop giving these people reason to hate our country (and they have plenty.)

I don't see the damn point of not abusing them, sure is wrong and all but they do it to prisoners all the time, eye for eye tooth for tooth is my motto.

it's called a human rights violation. you know better than this wws. those iraqis were people off the street, not saddam's personal torture squad. i agree with you that it probably happens all the time, but that is no reason to condone it. And if an AK-47 was an WMD that threatens America, then we should bomb the entire state of Texas...

There's a rule of not firing, unless being fired at, and unless their retarded, like some Americans have proven to be, they don't break that rule,

[lol]This is my favorite quote. Umm...remember how the Iraqi war started? We had dropped 6000 bombs on their capital city before they took a single shot at us. You are right, though, that some retarded Americans break the rules of engagement. Those retarded people include the people in charge of our own government.

we have done that country a big favor

so what favor was that? bombing the hell out of their cities? killing thousands of their citizens? (yes, thousands. i am certain they are lying about Iraqi deaths just like they initially lied about US soldier deaths.) giving them a form of government that has absolutely no authority in the region? here's a radical thought - maybe US-style democracy isn't the best thing for every country and every culture. as we have seen, violations of human rights occur in our government as well, and the president was elected by a minority of the people! we have no right to pretend that we know what is best for people who we don't know.

Oh, well I should also address the start of this topic - I'm not sure how to feel about our troops. I believe that they probably think that what they are doing is right, as they are constantly bombarded by propaganda that they are protecting our country and doing their American duty. I guess I just think that they are misguided, but I appreciate their commitment to their beliefs.

Post May 15th, 2004, 4:08 am

Points on hand: 5,351.00 Points
now out in papers in lancashire england, it is true that the pictures taken of those iraqys being tortured(wich are fake) were taken in preston(england)and now becuse they have told everbody that, the iraqys are trying to bomb preston(wich is bad becuse i live near there!!) the iraq have said fullwood barrocks(army base in preston)is a target for the bomb!!(you do know that this topic is serius and if you dont hear from me for ages i have died in a bomb attack)lets just hope they cant build an atom bomb.here is the full report of the newspaper that published them http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3716613.stm

Post May 15th, 2004, 4:14 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

RCTAndy, me and you are on the same side, I was just pointing out the misinformed post above mine or somewhere above mine or I was just being sarcastic. Wither way I am immune from your counter arguments [lol]
Paradox wrote:

Post May 15th, 2004, 4:27 am

Points on hand: 5,351.00 Points
is my post wrong weeweeslap?[confused] i definatly know its true tho, tell me whats wrong

Post May 15th, 2004, 11:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,980.00 Points

hey i just would like to see o'samma get killed rctandy [:D] And i was tring to say that our sacerity has gone up so the chance of a planned terrorist attack has a likely chance of not happening in the usa. But that still doesnt mean there wont be a higher terriost alert. O ya have any of you guys played Americas Army: Special Forces? It's a really fun game :)

Return to Off Topic Discussion