Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Why do B&M flyers go so slow?

Why do B&M flyers go so slow?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post June 9th, 2004, 12:46 am
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

I had a nice long reply typed up here, but decided not to post it because though you are all telling me to have an open mind and to calm down, you are the ones who are being too stubborn to see that B&M's are not all the same, and I"m sitting here laughing, obviously a clear sign of being angry ... at you guys.

Anyway, instead of arguing over something as stupid as all this crap, I'm going to do something useful. Such as stare at the wall, or watch paint dry, or watch grass grow.

I mean next time I ride Montu, I will take great care to note how it's exactly the same as Batman the Ride because it has a heartline twist and loops and a wing over. They all feel EXACTLY THE SAME!

[Edit]

Sorry, I forgot this.

CALM DOWN GUYS, JEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ

hahahaha

[/Edit]

Post June 9th, 2004, 1:00 am

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

LOL AT MOP, dude, i read that long reply right before you changed it, i was laughing my ass off so much, you are hillarious! I was like, its gonna be wwf smackdown in this topic. You guys crack me up all the time.

Now my two cents, people have diff opinions about coasters, and not everyone gets the same feeling on a coaster. Some people feel that a clone coaster gives the same ride, i gues in theory it would since its the same design, but if you ask me, each coaster gives a different feeling and expierence than others, but thats just my opinion.

Post June 9th, 2004, 2:46 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,878.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

All woodie coasters feel the same to me, hills hills and more hills. I don't see what makes one better than the other other than SOB which has a loop. Now B&M's rock, so do Intamins. They have better techniques and you don't have to worry about breaking an arm with the laterals.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 9th, 2004, 12:40 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,544.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Surely all coasters are different, maybe some coasters are more a like than others, but every coasters "feels" different, even every B&M does. All the B&M's that I have riden felt very different, for instance, Raptor felt absolutely nothing like Nemesis, Of course the layout was different and evrything, but Nemesis was so much rougher. Kraken felt absolutely nothing like Medusa either.......All coasters feel different, like fingerprints, they may all look similar, but they sure are all different [:D]

Post June 9th, 2004, 1:57 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

Originally posted by rctycoon112

LOL AT MOP, dude, i read that long reply right before you changed it

It's probably good that I did change it though, right? [;)]

Post June 9th, 2004, 3:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

i never understand why people complain about coasters. As long as im riding one i couldnt care less, be it a B&M, Intamin, Vekoma or CCI and so on, i couldnt care. All rides are unique and will run differently as several variables are constantly changing on coasters. So everyone quite there complaing and bitching about coasters and coaster companies, a true enthusiast does not go round saying all B&Ms sucks etc....hope that anwsered your question....was there a question?

Post June 9th, 2004, 3:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Kinda funny how everyone here complains about CS.com having staff that don't let you have opinions...same things happening here!

Anyways, I can see that B&Ms are different, but they mostly all give the same ride experience.

WWS, all woodies may have hills (mostly all at least), but each one gives a different feeling. They aren't only hills also, just look at the layouts of them more [;)] And the ones that are almost all hills, such as out and backs, at least have airtime. Too bad most looping coasters don't give any of that nowadays...

Post June 9th, 2004, 3:33 pm

Originally posted by Master_of_Puppets

Originally posted by rctycoon112

LOL AT MOP, dude, i read that long reply right before you changed it

It's probably good that I did change it though, right? [;)]

yeah [;)] but it was still hillarious[lol]

Post June 9th, 2004, 3:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Kinda funny how everyone here complains about CS.com having staff that don't let you have opinions...same things happening here!

That was low IF397, if we were anything like cs.com you would have been banned already [lol]

Post June 9th, 2004, 3:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,111.00 Points
I just wanna say one thing here in my defense.....

I am of the opinion that B&Ms give very similar rides.[:O] That is my opinion. It is also my opinion that I have much more fun on a good wooden coaster. Again, opinion, I am not telling you to believe it. MoP, I respect that your opinion is that B&Ms are very different rides. That is your opinion, and thats fine.[^] Mabye you could respect other peoples opinions once in a while?[?]

Just an idea.

[;)]

Post June 9th, 2004, 5:51 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

This reminds me of when I was a little kid, I would shout, and shout, and shout until everybody saw my opinion my way, but the thing is, they never saw it, this is a losing battle that no once can win, in other words, its a stale mate, good luck in trying to be the winner, lol.

Post June 9th, 2004, 7:51 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Er, I haven't deleted any posts, I have't deleted any topics, I haven't banned anyone, how in the hell could you compare that to CS?

If you were to say all B&M's rode the same, and this was CS, and I was staff, I would just ban you and that would be it.

I am not going to argue anymore because it's pointless. If one more person tells me I'm not accepting their opinions, I'm going to bitch-slap them, because you guys aren't accepting my opinions either. If you accepted mine, you would shut up about it. Because you are basing my not accepting yours by providing arguments. Then you guys argue with me, therefore not accepting my opinions.

Hipocritical idiots.

Although, what else should I expect from 16 and 14 year olds respectively. It's like arguing with a shoebox.

I hate kids and teenagers.

Post June 9th, 2004, 11:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,111.00 Points
TheCool326...I am not trying to win anything. I just wanted to point out something to a staffer that I thought was both rude and mean, but I guess I am not allowed to do that here. I ask a simple favor of a staffer, to be a little nicer, and I get insulted for my age, which I dont seem to have much control over, and I get called a hypocritical idiot. I am trying to be nice and civil, and not argue, which I dont really think I have done either, though that in itself is probably argueing..eek..

I am not dissing on you MoP, I was trying to help. Sorry for caring how other, younger, members of these forums are treated(relating to your numerous insults to Intaminfan397). I am not trying to stir up trouble. Sorry for doing so, if I was the cause.

This is my last post on this matter, as I don't want to argue or make it any worse. I don't care about getting the "last word". I just wish that people would open their mind a bit is all.

Post June 9th, 2004, 11:43 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

If you didn't want the last word, you wouldn't have said "open their mind". I also don't get why you think I am closed minded. I haven't complained once about any coasters, I said they are all good. If anyone is closed minded it's IF397 for not seeing that B&M's are not all the same...

I get a kick out of people trying to correct me, which is why I always keep replying to topics like this. Everyone gets so mad when it doesn't matter. People think I'm mad, when in fact I'm usually laughing or rolling my eyes.

Post June 10th, 2004, 12:05 am

I'm close minded for having the opinion that B&Ms mostly all feel the same? I'm not stupid, I know they are different in the sense that the layouts are changed slightly. But IMO they feel very similiar, and I don't see how you have such a problem with that.

If I'm closed minded though thinking that B&Ms feel the same, wouldn't that make WWS close minded too since he has the opinion that woodies are all the same? Oh yeah, of course not...hes the site admin and im obviously not, so that makes it perfectly fine! (sarcasm)

Post June 10th, 2004, 12:09 am

LOL (at IF's last paragraph), i think this topic should be locked before this argument escaltes even more

Post June 10th, 2004, 12:22 am

It won't escalate any more, this is my last post in this thread, since I don't feel I need to argue my point further.

Post June 10th, 2004, 12:25 am
Founding Member
Founding Member

Yeah, now it's just getting stupid.

I leave with one last statement. This doesn't need to be replied too cuz it's not an argument.

Closed minded = closing your mind to other people's opinons or choices.

Open minded = letting morons push you around.

[;)]

That was a joke by the way.

Post June 10th, 2004, 2:45 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,878.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

If I'm closed minded though thinking that B&Ms feel the same, wouldn't that make WWS close minded too since he has the opinion that woodies are all the same? Oh yeah, of course not...hes the site admin and im obviously not, so that makes it perfectly fine! (sarcasm)

I am semi close minded. I am always right and the customer is always wrong, unless it's a damn hot chick, then I am semi open minded. You wouldn't believe how many word and physical fights I get with customers where I work at. People telling me I am wrong, and I say I am right, even though I know I am wrong [:D] I just like having it my way all the time. And if this was like CS, you would have been banned over a year ago due to spamming, rather yet, we fixed you up [:)] Anyway, I don't want to argue, I feel woodies feel the same to me, and loops, rolls etc feel more fun to me.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions