Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Man dies at.......

Man dies at.......

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 22nd, 2004, 3:33 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

......Euro 2004. An English football fan from Wolverhampton (the town where I live[:O]) Has been stabbed to death in lisbon after attending the crucial match between England and Croatia. The man, who was 27, was killed when he tried to stop a pickpocket from the ukraine from stealing his wallet. The English fan ran after the pickpocket to try and retrieve his wallet, when the pickpocket suddenly turned and pulled out a knife and with one stab to the heart, my fellow yam yam (a person from wolverhampton) was cold bloodedly murdered......its a sad day for people who knew him. I knew who he was, as I have to walk past his house to get into town. [V] The inccident was completely unrelated to euro 2004 apart from the fact that the two men involved where there to support their respective countries.

Post June 22nd, 2004, 3:52 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points

Post June 22nd, 2004, 8:59 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Some people feel that their is no point to living, so they run around and do whatever they want, that is why I object to the athiestic belief of no god, no god = no purpose in life, but lets not start a religious battle. Anyways, I will pray for his family, and hope that the idiot who killed him will be arrested and suffers in prison.

Post June 22nd, 2004, 10:07 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
thecool326, I would consider deleting that post or at least modifying it. Just a suggestion, because there may be consequences for that type of stuff. [;)]

Post June 23rd, 2004, 1:27 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

why would there?? I live in America, I can say that kinda stuff.

Post June 23rd, 2004, 11:59 am
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

Originally posted by thecool326

that is why I object to the athiestic belief of no god, no god = no purpose in life, but lets not start a religious battle.

Then why did you type it? When I see garbage like that I am going to respond to it.

I have lots of purposes in life and not one of them involves god or religion.

As for the stabbing... Big deal, happens all the time. Though it is sad and pathetic.

Post June 23rd, 2004, 1:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,644.00 Points
Since when do you have to be religous to have morals, standards and the common sense to act within sociological norms? I have seen a lot of god-faring people commit a lot of henious crimes. How many serial killers have done so in god's name?

Anyway, It just goes to show you that soccer (football) is so boring that fans have nothing better to do but riot, fight, steal and slaughter each other in order to be entertained. You would think with all that brawling, rugby would be more popular over there.

Post June 23rd, 2004, 1:23 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,878.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Originally posted by RCFlyer

How many serial killers have done so in god's name?

I know of a couple million koran followers who are willing to die for it because of their religious beliefs and that is in their opinion in God's name and will.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 23rd, 2004, 1:24 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

Iraqi people cutting off nick berg's head chanting "god is great" the whole time...

Post June 23rd, 2004, 1:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

well thanks thecool326 for the dumbest saying ive heard all month, possibly all year. I mean that was such a retared post. What so because someone is religious means they do everything by the book and lead an everyday life as part of the rat race....your an idiot!

And what the hell is no god= no purposes in life supsoed to mean. So all of a sudden you worship a god which has absoulutly no evidence of exsistance, and now your better than all the rest of us? Take a look around thecool326

Post June 23rd, 2004, 1:36 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Anyway, It just goes to show you that soccer (football) is so boring that fans have nothing better to do but riot, fight, steal and slaughter each other in order to be entertained. You would think with all that brawling, rugby would be more popular over there.

Take that back you moron! That is your opinion. I have said somewhere in a post on a forum on here before, that the people who fight and riot outside football matches are nothing more than thugs anyway. They are NOT there to watch the football and please DON'T confuse these people with football fans. They are very very VERY imature, ratarded ARSEHOLES who are there just to ruin it for everybody, they give football a bad name and I would prefer it if you would not connect them to the sport in anyway, thank you. And sorry for calling you a moron, but as you can perhaps tell, I feel very strongly on this subject.

Also, may I remind you that this inccident was not connected in anyway to rioting or fights from the hooligans, this was a completely seperate inccident, the 2 men involved just happened to be in portugal because of the football. The man killed was actually a very decent man and was the type of person who would never get involved in "football riots", he had a wife and children. The killer on the other hand was there purely to cause trouble as he was a pickpocketer. All that the guy tried to do, was get his wallet back and he ended up getting killed for it......the things people do shocks me, how could anyone live with themselves after doing something like this. The man has been arrested and is to serve a prison sentence for Man-slaughter, which can be a hefty sentence, anything up to 20 years I believe.

Post June 23rd, 2004, 1:40 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

Originally posted by gouldy

Take that back you moron! That is your opinion.

He's entitled to it and doesn't have to take it back.

Post June 23rd, 2004, 1:48 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Master of Puppets

Originally posted by gouldy

Take that back you moron! That is your opinion.

He's entitled to it and doesn't have to take it back.

well, after I had calmed down a bit, I did say sorry for saying that. [:)] I was just a bit angry was all, and he is entitled to his opinion you're correct, I respect his opinion and thats fine by me

Post June 23rd, 2004, 1:53 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

lol. heres my $0.02 on it all: People = different opinions. Some = stupid (thecool, some newbs, and iraqi extremists) and some = good (most people). there, done said and everything.

Post June 23rd, 2004, 1:54 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

See, you should do like me and never get angry. [;)]

Post June 23rd, 2004, 1:57 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I think shortkid has the right idea. I guess at the end of it all, people are different and some people are different enough to think it is ok to kill someone to steal their wallet. This may not seem right to us, but in a kinda twisted way maybe it doesn't seem all that bad to him, which I have to say I think is very sad, its sad that there are people like this in the world.

Post June 23rd, 2004, 2:53 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by The_Edge

And what the hell is no god= no purposes in life supsoed to mean. So all of a sudden you worship a god which has absoulutly no evidence of exsistance, and now your better than all the rest of us? Take a look around thecool326

Its quite obvious that if there was no God, there wouldn't be any purpose in life. Why would there be such an amazing thing as life and then when you die, theres absolutely nothingness for eternity after. Personally, I wouldn't even want to live if there wasn't a God, because when i died, everything that I did in life wouldn't really matter and it'd be like nothing ever happened. I completely agree with thecool326...call me stupid if you want.

Originally posted by The_Edge

well thanks thecool326 for the dumbest saying ive heard all month, possibly all year. I mean that was such a retared post. What so because someone is religious means they do everything by the book and lead an everyday life as part of the rat race....your an idiot!

Wow, that really made you look like much more of an idiot than him. It looks like you get easily offended by people being Christians. Being a Christian myself, I do believe the Bible, and I'm offended by how you have to be so ignorant and a jerk to people who believe it. Grow up.

Since when do you have to be religous to have morals, standards and the common sense to act within sociological norms?

And please explain how people have those morals and standards. It couldn't happen without a God.

Post June 23rd, 2004, 2:59 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

People feel bad for someone, so they develop a sense not to be mean to them. then they pass that moral on to others.

Post June 23rd, 2004, 3:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Yeah, its because people have feelings and emotions. Those kind of things don't just appear out of nowhere, God created people to have them.

Post June 23rd, 2004, 3:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,111.00 Points
Yea, thecool didnt wanna start a big religious debate but he sure has a good point, and if he hadn't have said that I would have.

Why I don't post on WWS...you arent allowed to have opinions that differ from those of the all mighty MoP. And he will have to have the "last word" that he claims he never gets. so this is my last post on this topic no matter what he says.

Post June 23rd, 2004, 3:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

well this topic is really only making us all look stupid (am im proud) so before things get out of hand, this topic shall be locked

Post June 23rd, 2004, 3:51 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Its quite obvious that if there was no God, there wouldn't be any purpose in life. Why would there be such an amazing thing as life and then when you die, theres absolutely nothingness for eternity after.

And how is it quite obvious? There is no actual proof. Let's turn the tables here and I'd like for you to prove that there is a god.

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

And please explain how people have those morals and standards. It couldn't happen without a God.

The difference between right and wrong is a matter of opinion. People have opinions regardless of faith or belief.

As for nightride... I never claimed to never have the last word. I always get the last word. It's a perk to being an admin and putting up with whiny people. As for opinions that differ, I never once said you can't contradict my or anyone else's opinions. But don't expect me to just sit back and let you preach garbage. Especially when it comes to religion or other intense subjects.

"This is why I don't post on wws, cuz MoP doesn't..." whatever

[lol] I didn't know that what I thought mattered so much. I am just as entitled to replying to thecool for posting that as he was to post it in the first place. So don't give me that garbage. Cry me a river if you don't like me contradicting your opinions, that's life.

If you play with fire you're going to get burned.

Return to Off Topic Discussion