Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Freaking 4th of July

Freaking 4th of July

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 3rd, 2004, 11:51 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Alright, well, its not fourth of July yet and I'm arleady sick of the holiday. People have been setting off fireworks by my house practically all year long. And it bugs me, now the only difference is everybody feels the need to set off 50 billion M80's. So who else is already sick of the holiday?

Post July 4th, 2004, 12:00 am

Points on hand: 2,623.00 Points

How can you hate the fourth of July? It's my favorite holiday. I just lit off 150 dollars worth of fireworks about an hour ago.

Post July 4th, 2004, 12:04 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

becuase people in my area like to abuse the holiday and make it unspecial. Fireworks sucked now. they're crap, they aren't dangerouse, I figured out the laws of fire, I'm bored with it now.

Post July 4th, 2004, 12:13 am
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

I hate the 4th of July also. Just like I hate the 1st of July. Canada day and Independance day are the most useless days ever. If you like the 4th of July, stop thinking it's important cuz it isn't.

Post July 4th, 2004, 12:25 am

Points on hand: 2,623.00 Points

I don't really care about the meaning of the fourth of July, I just love fireworks.

Post July 4th, 2004, 6:44 am

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

You guys are lucky, cause in the Netherlands we only may fire fireworks @ 31th december (my birthday woohoo). You guys may do it 2 times, and if you don't like it, just build a coaster and stay inside, with a headphone so you can't hear the fireworks.

Post July 4th, 2004, 7:34 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Roelywoely
31th december (my birthday woohoo).

Roel, Don't lie x?????????DDDD
I love 29, 30 and 31 december, then can we buy some great fireworks, but i wish i could come over and see the fireworks in america, would be great to see i guess. [:D]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post July 4th, 2004, 7:39 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

4th of July is just more PG from imo. In the UK we have fireworks to celebrate Guy Falkes on 5th Novemeber, now thats a good holiday. Who else celebrates 1 man that tried to blow up the English Government but was caught lighting the fuse, and then was hung drawn and quartered. [lol] Guy Falkes rules

Post July 4th, 2004, 8:32 am

Points on hand: 2,644.00 Points
I love the 4th of July. Just the meaning of it alone. How can a territory, standing up and declaring itself free not be important. It took C.O.Jones of steel to sign the Declaration of Independance and the single event changed the course of history. I get to watch the fireworks every year from the front porch of my house. It is one of the only holidays of the year that I really like.

Post July 4th, 2004, 8:44 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

i think this july forth(today) aliens are gona come, mabee from outer space but mabbe from iraq too.

ohh, and i like both july 1st and 4th because you get to ride all the rides in the amusment park while all the idiots watch pyro.

Post July 4th, 2004, 11:13 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

I hear ya ... explosions all through the night last night, about scared the dogs half to death. I always thought one of my dogs was human at some point, maybe she is having shell shock vision of like Normandy or something.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post July 4th, 2004, 1:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,810.00 Points

You guys are lucky, cause in the Netherlands we only may fire fireworks @ 31th december (my birthday woohoo). You guys may do it 2 times, and if you don't like it, just build a coaster and stay inside, with a headphone so you can't hear the fireworks.

Spooky - mine's on the 31st December too - 22 this year. God I'm getting old :'(

Fireworks are cool in my opinion, as long as they aren't overused and they're used safely. I hate it when you see kids holding rockets pointing at passing busses and what not, or when peeps leave fireworks in phone boxes and that kinda crap, but they can be quite cool when used properly :)

Post July 4th, 2004, 1:18 pm

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

31th december (my birthday woohoo).

Roel, Don't lie x?????????DDDD
I love 29, 30 and 31 december, then can we buy some great fireworks, but i wish i could come over and see the fireworks in america, would be great to see i guess. [:D]

It isn't a f****** lie [;)]

Post July 4th, 2004, 2:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

No one in my neighborhood has set off any fireworks, its been quiet all day. I am sure i will hear the ones from sixflags since i am so close. IMO Disney World does the best fireworks show

Post July 5th, 2004, 12:16 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

My city made fireworks illegal...right down to those 20 second sparklers...it's lame but ppl let 'em off anyway regardless of this stupid law...my city sux
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post July 5th, 2004, 12:06 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

Post July 5th, 2004, 12:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

People are bulldozing entire rainforests and what not and your worried about a couple of explosions?

Post July 6th, 2004, 2:01 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

get this: they're legal in areas with LOTS of dry grass...Open to a major wildfire. That's even worse than letting them off in a regular city.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post July 16th, 2004, 2:44 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Alright, well, its not fourth of July yet and I'm arleady sick of the holiday. People have been setting off fireworks by my house practically all year long. And it bugs me, now the only difference is everybody feels the need to set off 50 billion M80's. So who else is already sick of the holiday?

I like the fireworks though. But I didn't see much this year. Most of the ones I saw came from RCT3 screenies and videos. [lol]

Post July 17th, 2004, 1:11 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

People are bulldozing entire rainforests and what not and your worried about a couple of explosions?

if someone had a gun to your forehead or was waving one around im sure you would be more worried about making sure your head remains in one piece and that you dont lay a load in your pants than the rainforest be cut down

Return to Off Topic Discussion