Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Europe Coaster Tour!

Europe Coaster Tour!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 9th, 2004, 11:55 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Ok, so heres the deal. During the last 2 weeks of the big 6 week school holidays me and my family are going on a camping trip around Europe, and fingers crossed visiting alot of theme parks. We are going to get the ferry from Dover to Calais, then spend a few days in Paris. We will visit Disneyland and the MGM Studios there, and have a day in Paris itself. Then we're moving on to Germany to visit Warner Bros Movie world, then to Belgium for SF Belgium, then Holland for SF Holland. I was wondering if there were any other parks around France, Germany, Belgium and Holland that are worth visiting? I know about Holiday Park, but it is too far for us to just visit the park. Anything within an Hours drive of any of those parks would be perfect, so what parks do you know of?

Post July 9th, 2004, 3:11 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
try bobbejaanland, typhoon is there, made a onride of it today [:D][:P]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post July 9th, 2004, 3:18 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Efteling park in Holland is a very beautiful park. It don't have any great coasters, but it is very beautiful. And if you are in the north of germany a trip to denmark could be very good. Denmark has recently got some very good coasters. in Holland you also have Toverland:http://www.rcdb.com/quicksearch.htm?quicksearch=toverland with Vekomas new motorbike coaster. And as Dirk said bobbejaanland can be worth a visit. Typhoon looks great.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post July 10th, 2004, 3:30 am

Post July 10th, 2004, 8:28 am

Points on hand: 3,321.00 Points
Well I can tell you two good parks in Germany with good coasters: Europa Park (my favorite) and Holiday Park. They both are very close so you can visit both in two days. Both were near France, so you don't have to travel a long way through Germany :P

Bino

Post July 10th, 2004, 9:45 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Biggs

How far is Bobbejaanland from Six Flags Holland?

i must ride 2 hours to SFH, and Bobbejaan is to the south for me 1.5 hours to drive, so i could say 3-3.5 hours from eachother...
SFB is 1.5 hours from bobbejaan[;)]

Here's a small map:
55.63 KB

Post July 10th, 2004, 3:19 pm

hey dirk - thanks for the map! bobbejaanland couldn't have been placed any better, it just so happens the free day we have is between six flags belgium and warner bros movie world - right on the way! Thanks for the help guys.

Post July 10th, 2004, 5:05 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

your welcome [:)]

Return to General Theme Park Discussions