Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion [UK] Snow

[UK] Snow

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 3rd, 2005, 4:56 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Ok, is it just me or is the snow starting to get really annoying now? Am I the only one that is getting proper pissed off with it? [lol] For over a week now its been snowing and snowing and snowing and yet there is no snow on the ground at all, its just...... wet. Plus its seems to be snowing on and off all day, but only snowing at the worst possible times, like today for instance, there I am in school nearly 3PM (end of school), it was actually sunny outside, the bell goes for the end of school and I start walking to the bus which incidentally I have to wait 40 minutes for, then guess what happens ... yes you've guessed it, massive snow blizzardy thingy which got me freezing cold and soaking ... great. I wouldn't complain so much if there was actually any snow on the ground, then I could go sledging or school might even be cancelled but nooooooOOOOOooooo, the bloody English weather fails me again. It is probably only me being pissed of with the snow at the moment cus its probably only still snowing here in Wolverhampton, maybe not, I dunno .... eurgh, I thought I liked snow until this last week.

Post March 3rd, 2005, 6:32 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Pfft, move over here and find out what real snow is. [lol]
It has been snowing here for almost 3 days straight and just stopped this morning. Today has been the first blue sky that I can remember in a long time.
It was also about -15C yesterday! Nest Wednesday it is supposed to get down below -20! [shocked]

And then in the coming months all this snow melts and my town and area becomes a giant mudhole [8D]

And don't get me started on the retarded ice storms we get!

Post March 3rd, 2005, 6:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

Well one good thing is that I have taken up Snowboarding and really enjoying it!
It's kinda ironic when your learning on a dry ski slope and then it actually starts snowing...

Post March 3rd, 2005, 6:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I'm also pissed off with the snow latly. Although it seems to of stopped. For instance the other day when i went to the leisure village to play some football (yeah, i didnt want to play though Gouldy [lol]) i had to walk from the town to the KLV, because i see no need paing for a second bus. So i and a group of us start walking down, of course at this time i had a T-shirt and thin coat and 3/4 length trousers on as i didnt want to get too hot. However about 5 mins into the 30 minute walk snow starts to fall. Then all of a sudden the snow increases in size 10 fold and comes down at you at about 100mph, blizzards seem to just form freezing almost every part of your body. I also had to expierence this twice also walking back to the town. Plus as you said the snow doesnt settle and is just a colder version of rain, and i hate rain also

Post March 3rd, 2005, 7:19 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
I loooooooove the snow, because of snowboarding. Tommorow I am heading up north with my friend to his condo and we are going to hit the slopes, cant wait.

Post March 4th, 2005, 10:58 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
The snow is great but weve only had one day out of 7 where the snow was actually good to enough to last a whole day. And we didnt even get the fricking day off school!

Post March 4th, 2005, 11:30 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

I love the snow too! We had a day off today! So my skateboard with no wheels was out and running againg! Woo!

Post March 4th, 2005, 2:06 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Originally posted by Fornication Nation

Pfft, move over here and find out what real snow is. [lol]
It has been snowing here for almost 3 days straight and just stopped this morning. Today has been the first blue sky that I can remember in a long time.
It was also about -15C yesterday! Nest Wednesday it is supposed to get down below -20! [shocked]

We had minus 25 one day last week[;)] Not that much snow, but some days have been realy cold.

Post March 4th, 2005, 2:27 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

lol, damn I feel sorry for you. I know what -25C feels like and its not a good thing. [lol]

Post March 4th, 2005, 3:25 pm

Points on hand: 2,772.00 Points

Its is sooooo annoying, because i live in Northern Ireland, right beside england, and i get no snow what so ever, not even a glimsp of snow, and england gets like 10cm? WFT?!?

Post March 4th, 2005, 3:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I woke up this morning about a 3cm layer of snow coated the ground. I woke up at 8, by the time i had finished the first period of my human biology class (9:40) all the snow had completly melted, or had left a lovly mushy mess

Post March 4th, 2005, 4:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points

snow? what is this snow?[confused]

I live in Florida where it is very very rare for there to be snow or even some sleet. It only snowed once in my lifetime, and that was when I was about 5, and Im almost 18 now, I havent seen snow since. The only thing we get here is heat, rain, some cold winters, and some hurricanes here and there. thats about it.

Post March 4th, 2005, 5:21 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Lol, visit family up north during X-mas, IMO snow is awsome.

Post March 4th, 2005, 5:26 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
snow is cool but the max i've ever had in my area was only 5cm snow, MAX!
I wanna have 30cm snow like happned in the north! We had alot of sleet in the last week, but yesterday it finally snowed a few cm. Also i have only snow 3-4 times a year when i'm lucky.[:(] Oh well, snow it cool but @ school is pretty sucks, all smokers are then outside throwing snowballs at everyone that passes by. I'm glad they can't hit me on 20 meters distance. They throw close but nobody has every hit me[:D]

Post March 4th, 2005, 6:43 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
That's true Dirk. Me the same the North of NL is under snow, and the middle and south there is nearly snow. a few cm. I want more.

Post March 4th, 2005, 8:23 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Hang on, what is this ...... what, what is this. I ljust looked outside, its 25 past midnight here and its snowing ..... properly, I, I, I can't believe it, its actually sticking to the ground. Things look white and stuff, OMG FINALLY! Its taken a solid week of snow but its finally sticking to the floor and not just being annoying mush! OMG, I might be able to go sledging or something tomorrow. Its England and its snowing PROPERLY, its just not supposed to happen [:D]

Post March 4th, 2005, 9:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points

Return to Off Topic Discussion