Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Canada

Canada

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 24th, 2004, 5:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,246.00 Points

Do you think Canada will ever get anymore parks? There pretty much only 3: Paramount Canada's Wonderland, La Ronde and Playland in Vancouver...

Post July 24th, 2004, 7:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I would doubt they will build any new parks for a while. As far as i know not a great deal of tourists visit Canada and poeple that do go i would expect more to go skiing or what not. I dont actualy know as im from the UK, but no one i know has been on vacation to Canada. So in other words in the tourist industry wouldnt be too great for theme parks and having even more parks would be almost deverstating for the others as they just wouldnt get the revenue/or more tourists would go to Canada and the theme park buisness would thrive. Who knows, but in answer to your question...Probaly not

Post July 24th, 2004, 11:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

dude, canada sucks, all the parks had so many oprtunites to get rides(im talking PCW) and they get crap rides like 'tomb raider' and 'top gun'.

Post July 25th, 2004, 1:17 am

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points
we go have alot of goot coasters thought, dragon mountain, mindbender, coaster (at Playland in vancover)

Post July 25th, 2004, 12:21 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
lol, dragon mountain good? lol, when i saw a video of it, it was just a fewe loops and a really really big helix. but i think canada could get a few extra parks. i went to quebec for a cirque du soleil show and while staying there, i had very little to do!

Post July 25th, 2004, 2:39 pm

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points

Post July 25th, 2004, 2:56 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

Compared to US parks, Canada's suck.

The reason nobody builds them up here is because of the climate. Why blow millions of dollars for a park that can only be open from late may/early June until September? 4 or 5 months out of 12, it is hard to make back the $ you blow on these rides. I think the only B&M in Canada is Le Vampire at La Ronde, and it's a B:TR clone.

My point is, yes there are parks in the USA in the north, but they are all owned by a larger company that has parks down south, that are open year around. I don't doubt that the Six Flags's and Cedar Fair parks down south support the parks up here. (I still can't figure out why CP is so huge... but that's beside the point)

Er, yeah.

Post July 27th, 2004, 7:45 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

^^^ we also only have 3 main parks, and our population is like 30 million compared to 200 million. So its not really a good comparison in my opinion.

Do you think Canada will ever get anymore parks? There pretty much only 3: Paramount Canada's Wonderland, La Ronde and Playland in Vancouver...

I doubt we will get anymore, maybe one more but that is it. With our small population and the wide spread of it, it just wouldn't be that profitible. Instead owners of the parks already here will probably keep expanding and adding new rides.
The only place I could see getting a new park would be the Calgary and Edmonton area. They already have the West Edmonton mall, but i dont see that as a real park, and that really isnt a good or big park(the coaster inside it).

lol, dragon mountain good? lol, when i saw a video of it, it was just a fewe loops and a really really big helix. but i think canada could get a few extra parks. i went to quebec for a cirque du soleil show and while staying there, i had very little to do!

You must not have tried that hard to do something in Montreal because they have tons of crap to do..

dude, canada sucks, all the parks had so many oprtunites to get rides(im talking PCW) and they get crap rides like 'tomb raider' and 'top gun'.

Have you even been to Wonderland? They have alot more to do than just tomb raider and top gun. Wonderland has some of the best flat rides, and alot of them too.

I would doubt they will build any new parks for a while. As far as i know not a great deal of tourists visit Canada and poeple that do go i would expect more to go skiing or what not. I dont actualy know as im from the UK, but no one i know has been on vacation to Canada. So in other words in the tourist industry wouldnt be too great for theme parks and having even more parks would be almost deverstating for the others as they just wouldnt get the revenue/or more tourists would go to Canada and the theme park buisness would thrive. Who knows, but in answer to your question...Probaly not

Our tourist rate is pretty good actually, people mostly visiting either out west in the mountain or out east for Toronto and Montreal.
The latest statistics also say that the majority of people living in Canada are taking their vacations within Canada now.
But I agree, I doubt we will get another park, at least not now, and definatly not from Six Flags.

The other thing, I wish six flags wasnt the one who bought out La Ronde, because I doubt that place will get anything new for a little while.

This is all of course, just my opinion. [8D]

Post July 27th, 2004, 1:54 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Well, you are probably right about La Ronde not getting anything new for a while, as Six Flags isn't doin' so great at the moment, but La Ronde seems nice, and Canada's Wonderland looks like a very nice, and very clean park with some great flats. And isn't MarineLand in Canada? And it looks very nice, and very enjoyable...

Post July 27th, 2004, 2:39 pm

Yeah Marine Land is in Niagara Falls, about 1 and a 1/2 hours from Toronto. Its a pretty nice park, but it lacks on the rides. They did just built a new Power Shot type tower ontop of a man made mountain, which looks pretty thrilling.
Marine Land is more of a scenic adventure type park and rides arnt the main focus, but I hope that changes as there is tons of land for them to build on.
Canadas Wonderland is a top notch park with tons of rides, but its just too busy in the summer for me to enjoy it now. I will only go really early in the season during the week (when everyone is in school) and in the late fall.

Post July 27th, 2004, 11:06 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Ahh, yeah, I figured MarineLand wasn't the best for thrill rides, as it's a massively large and open park...but the new shot tower does look sweet, and the scenery at MarineLand really is beautiful.

But I'd love to go to Canada's Wonderland just for the awesome assortment of flats.

Post July 28th, 2004, 9:29 am

Yeah Marine Land is great for smaller kids.
Funny that we are talking about Marine Land lol, on the news this morning they showed one of the killer whales there going ape on one of the trainers in the water.

And yeah if you get the chance to come to goto wonderland, you should. Lots and lots of great rides

Return to General Theme Park Discussions