Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Oblivon To Be Removed?

Oblivon To Be Removed?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 2nd, 2004, 2:07 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

After watching the iTV news just a second ago it says that Alton Towers may be forced to remove Oblivion due to complaints by the locals on the basis that: The level of noise is illegal...The resisdents have complained about the noise from Oblivions mechanical devices (lift chain) and also the scream of the riders. I personaly laughed at this and just think the whole thing is so stupid. If they dont like the noise move somewhere else, jeez its not too difficult is it. Lets face it, these people are just trying to leech money out of Alton Towers for there own personal pleasure, and i think thats just dumb.

Also putting sand in the box segments of Oblivion, to reduce the roar factor, will take away the atmosphere in the X Sector. You cant help but feel intimidated when you here the roar of the huge B&M train thunder past you into Oblivion. If the coaster did not roar, it would take away that effect. I think Alton Towers should just put a sign up over the drop saying: Please Refrain from Screaming....there problem fixed [lol]

Post August 2nd, 2004, 2:28 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
lol, if javi sees this topic he will chain himself on the rails of oblivion and yell "oblivion must stay!" [lol]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post August 2nd, 2004, 2:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

Post August 2nd, 2004, 2:51 pm

Points on hand: 4,183.00 Points

That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Just as The Edge said, if you don't like the noises then move somewhere else. The houses next to Alton Towers should be reserved for season pass holders and major coaster enthusiasts...

Post August 2nd, 2004, 3:17 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

Bear in mind that they have been living there for 25 years (before the major theme park rides).
But even so, they should of moved years ago, why are they complaining now!?

Post August 2nd, 2004, 4:27 pm

Points on hand: 4,183.00 Points

They must have come into some recent debt (meaning they're going to sue).

Post August 2nd, 2004, 4:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,321.00 Points

Post August 2nd, 2004, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

If the noise levels are above the town by laws, they dont really have a choice

Post August 2nd, 2004, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

if it is illegal then alton towers just has to modify the ride instead of getting rid of it. Use a different lift system and like edge said, but sand inside the segments. People are going to scream on rides, dont know why, but they just do. Personally If i knew a theme park were to be built very close to my house and i could hear the noise, then I would have just moved.

Post August 2nd, 2004, 6:57 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

parks belong to make noice, does anyone know a themepark without noice?

Post August 2nd, 2004, 7:01 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

ERRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG! ok, if theres one thing I hate, its the residents of Alton, why don't they all just love their grannies in the ass and leave Alton Towers alone.....as if bloody free tickets isn't enough to stop them complaining. I'm going to move to Alton and complain to Alton council about the people complaining about Alton Towers! See how they like that!! And if I see any of them making road blocks like they have done before, I shall personally run them down. I am going to Alton Towers again this summer and shall scream as loud as I possibly can whilst on Oblivon. Although the ride sucks major ass, it is a part of Alton Towers and will stay that way!

this is the part that pisses me off the most:

"And the ruling could see the park facing major changes to its rides and events - and perhaps close completely."

DUDE!!!!!!! Then what would I do, my closest decent park would be Thorpe park.......BLOODY 200 miles away! ppppfffffffffffft!!

love THEM ALL, love them right in the ass with a razor blade!

All they do is moan moan moan, and for waht!? MONEY, thats what! Its just proper stupid, I mean, do they really have a life? I mean seriously, do they?

Look at Blackpool for gods sake! Do the residents there complain? love do they! and they've got a frigging 200ft monster on their doorstep......it annoys me, it really does, i suppose you can tell. Yeah, sorry about all the language, but JESUS! Alton Towers already has made enough sacrifices for the Alton residents, like they're not allowed to build above tree level, which sucks, but thankfully that rule gave us nemesis [lol]. But this is just getting silly now. Anyone would think they didn't want the business of the tourists in their town..........gays.

Post August 2nd, 2004, 8:16 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

The complaints came what... 6 years late? Give me a break, what a load of garbage.

Post August 2nd, 2004, 10:16 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
I'm also sick of the complaints. They stopped alot of delelopement of the park when alton towers is already under that stupid limit of height consrtuction. These residents should give AT a break, seriously. I live nowhere near there and it has noting to do with me but I think the Alton villagers are exaggerating enough. I heard that they even want trhill ride removal fron other parks like BPB, Trope park or whatever, and even CP. (Yes, I heard that somewhere. Coasterforce actually) When CP doesn't even have anything to do with them. I'd be glad if I lined near an amusement park actually. But if Obliv is removed, I wantto go over there and stab all the d*mn protester and those other f*ckers.

Post August 2nd, 2004, 10:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

they should be sent to a retirment home on an uncharted island, far from alton towers or any theme park

Post August 3rd, 2004, 12:21 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

simple solution to all this BS: Scream Shields! Basically, they're plastic face shields mounted in front of the restraints to reduce noise. As dreaded as thy look, they work...even 180 feet in the air.(Maliboomer)
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post August 3rd, 2004, 2:30 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

lol, if javi sees this topic he will chain himself on the rails of oblivion and yell "oblivion must stay!" [lol]

let's hope he does [:p] with oblivion still running!
just kidding [:D]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post August 3rd, 2004, 10:03 pm

Points on hand: 200.00 Points

I hope that oliven is torn down becuse it looks like a relly cool ride and it looks like it is smoth. That is stupted that the ride has to be removed becuse I will never be able to ride this ride if it is torn down and I aways whanted to ride this ride. I think that is stuped that peole are compleing about the ride are they compleing becuse it makes alot of nouise?

Post August 3rd, 2004, 10:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Originally posted by chrisps

I hope that oliven is torn down becuse it looks like a relly cool ride and it looks like it is smoth. That is stupted that the ride has to be removed becuse I will never be able to ride this ride if it is torn down and I aways whanted to ride this ride. I think that is stuped that peole are compleing about the ride are they compleing becuse it makes alot of nouise?

You're kinda contradicting yourself. You are saying you hope the ride is torn down but think it's stupid that the ppl are complaining about noise and of the fact that its being torn down.

As far as those scream shields go, here's a pic of what they look like.
http://www.themeparkreview.com/cali2001/dca/dca25.jpg
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post August 3rd, 2004, 11:02 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

Post August 4th, 2004, 7:23 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

might, be removed is the key word GRIM [;)] Also the Scream sheilds look ridiculous [lol] although Robb and Elissa are clearly loving them, im not sure they would be a nice addition on Oblivion

Post August 4th, 2004, 7:40 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Yeah they look crap. I mean wouldnt it be funny if somone puked in one of those. Goes right back in thier face.

Post August 4th, 2004, 2:29 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

give a good link to it, i want to see the pic [:)]

Post August 4th, 2004, 2:47 pm

Points on hand: 1.00 Points
------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 4th, 2004, 3:52 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
I'm here in the US and my family isn't into rollercoasters, which means they won't go there. That also means I can only go there when I'm older and have a house or whatever. Which also means I can't ride it. And then I'll get really pissed off at the villagers and... let's not even go there.

Post August 4th, 2004, 4:02 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

i hope it isnt torn down before july next year... thats when im going.

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions