Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions new coaster at alton towers for 2005

new coaster at alton towers for 2005

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 10th, 2004, 10:07 am

Points on hand: 3,903.00 Points

after seeing the new info on the noise thing i thought that AT would lay of the ride making for a while to see wat thet have to do about the noise but 2day i was looking a towers times and i looked at the news page and i saw:

"AUGUST 8TH 2004 : NEW RIDE BREAKING NEWS
We have just heard breaking news of a new attraction at Alton Towers! The ride will be a UK-first, launching its riders to speeds of over 60 mph! The ride will be in the vacinity of Ug Land and it looks like it's going to be amazing! Contractors are currently finalising the plans for the ride and construction will begin soon."

so i can't wait to see wat ride it is[:D][:D][:D][:D] check out this topic http://www.towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2643

Post August 10th, 2004, 10:21 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Personaly i think if they do build this coaster it will most probaly be like the booster bikes at Toverland. From what ive read at coasterforce.com the ride will have a harry potter theme and will either be positioned in Gloomy Wood or Ug-land. I think the coaster would go alot better in gloomy wood as there is already several rides in UG land and i dont see how they have the room to build a new coaster

Post August 10th, 2004, 1:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

Planning aplication for the ride in 2 positions is about to go forward.

See this link for the planning documents!:
http://www.buggaboo.co.uk/launchedcoaster.jpg

Post August 10th, 2004, 2:00 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Watch what happends in a few years. Those pisshead villagers will protest saying "it makes too much noise" or whatever crap they want to say and then it'll be torn down like all other coasters.

Post August 10th, 2004, 3:42 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Yeah, it'll be the people living in alton that will stop anything happening if its gets stopped from happeneing we'll know why [lol] bloody alton residents. Still though, a new ride is a new ride, sounds alright, but I'd prefer a big floorless or something [:)] but still a new ride is a new ride.

Post August 10th, 2004, 4:16 pm

Well a few things i noticed from the plan. First off it is being made by Vekoma, so im pretty certain its a type of booster bike. Also it goes over the lake (which no one hardly ever sees) which will be cool. And also the coaster looks quite large. It streches from 'The Edge' arcade all the way to the log flume, which is a long way. Also it states the tethered baloon ride will be in the place of where Dynamo used to be. Furthermore, the more i think about this coaster and the placement in Gloomy wood the sweeter the ride sounds

Post August 10th, 2004, 5:47 pm

There are 2 plans being put forward for a possible 2 locations:
UG Land and Gloomy Wood.

There is practically no reason why the appllication will be rejected (low noise, hight etc.) so fingers crossed, it looks fun!

Post August 10th, 2004, 6:37 pm

Personaly i would like to see the coaster built in Gloomy wood. Although in some respects if it was built in Ug Land this would draw more people away from teh forbidden valley and would attract more crowds to the X Sector and Ug Land. I t-hink the ride would be alot better suited in Gloomy Wood and it has tall trees with little vergitation and would be quite intresting

Post August 11th, 2004, 2:52 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Looks very interesting. Definately a booster bike, and the part over the lake looks interesting. My main worry is the pacing - it looks a little long for only reaching 60mph, but I dont know how well the new vekomas hold their speed.

Post August 11th, 2004, 5:12 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
I realy hope they don't use the Harry potter theme. A witch theme could be okey, but not a HP theme.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post August 11th, 2004, 5:59 am

Points on hand: 3,903.00 Points

Post August 11th, 2004, 6:18 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Originally posted by kurtis

are you shure it is a booster bike couldn't it be the vekoma ten looper http://www.vekoma.com/rides_thrill_mega ... oaster.htm

neh, that would have required a much more complicated layout. This layout has very stretched out turns, since you can't make really right elements with a boosterbike, it's obvious this has to be one. Besides it is not very hard to spot inversions from top view if they would have been there.

Post August 14th, 2004, 12:53 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I just saw news that this ride isn't gonna be booster bikes, no no, but its going to be in keeping with the theme of the area that its in and you're going to sit on witches broomsticks [lol]. This news is on 'screamscape' erm, I can't put a link to the actual bit about this, I'm sorry, but my internet just isn't working properly lately. But heres the website link: www.screamscape.com

If someone can go there and find the story and put a link here, that would be great [:D]

Post August 14th, 2004, 3:18 pm

Return to General Theme Park Discussions