Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion [UK] Nice Weather This Time Of Year...?

[UK] Nice Weather This Time Of Year...?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post August 11th, 2004, 8:09 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Ok...wtf is going on with the weathere here. Im not sure if its were anyone else is, but almost everday were getting fairly majour thunderstorms pass directly overhead, showering bolts or lightning all around us. I was woke up at 11:30 when the sun was out and was a beauftil day, whilst still in bed at 12 (im lazy) I got up in time to see a huge flash of fork lightning smash into the ground literly feet away from our house, followed by a bone shattering ruble of thunder....well it wasnt really a rumble, it was an intense crackle sound and a series of booms.

And this isnt the onlytime, this has happened almost everyday for the last couple of weeks. So is it just im in a lightning hotspot, or is anyone else getting this weather?

Post August 11th, 2004, 8:36 am

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

Sometimes we get lightning, but we get F****** much rain here!

Post August 11th, 2004, 10:35 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Well, up here in Wolverhampton, we've had a couple of storms, but they were rubbish [:(] they have just like a few distant rumbles, we seen a couple of flashes though, we haven't had a decent storm up here in ages [:(] Its just hot is all 30 degrees centigrade plus. This is England we shouldn't have to put up with THAT!!!! 30 bloody degrees (what that in faranheit?) Anyway, its like 20 degrees centigrade at night and has been for the past few weeks, I am so tired cus i haven't had a decent nights sleep in weeks......bloody heat, I live in England, I expect rain and cold.....not heat!

Post August 11th, 2004, 10:38 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Northern Europe has the good weather at the time. Here it has been realy warm and sunny for about 2 weeks!
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post August 11th, 2004, 1:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Ya England gets very muggy as they say. Can't sleep and also we get alot of thunder storms where i live. There cool to watch, but the downfall is my garden floods.

Post August 11th, 2004, 1:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Flooding here in Leeds, was great fun watching someone in a caterham sports car get drenched in the torrential downpours. Strange weather patterns though, it was boiling hot and sunny today, but the last 2 days non stop heavy rain.

Post August 11th, 2004, 1:45 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

Originally posted by gouldy

Its just hot is all 30 degrees centigrade plus.

only 30? its like 40 here, you are lucky you dont live here... its always too hot in the summer, yet too cold in the winter...[xx(]

<<GRIM>>

Post August 11th, 2004, 3:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Originally posted by GRIM

yet too cold in the winter...[xx(]

<<GRIM>>

You think it's cold in Texas in the winter? You should have been in Norway[;)]
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post August 11th, 2004, 9:32 pm

Points on hand: 4,004.00 Points

mine in the southwest in u.s. didn't rain much during summer and it rains in the winter.

the temperature is always hot [during summer] and rise up 100 degrees.

Tell me if my statistics is good.

Return to Off Topic Discussion