Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster 1.5 ideas

1.5 ideas

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post July 16th, 2004, 12:04 am

Points on hand: 72.00 Points

Post July 16th, 2004, 12:48 am

Points on hand: 4,004.00 Points

Originally posted by forklempt

i think they be putting quad tracks.

Hmm... I don't think that's not a good idea

Post July 16th, 2004, 11:11 am

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
He means changing the track spline to quad-rail and double-rail. A great, yet common idea, which is going to be implemented as said on the developement site.

Post July 16th, 2004, 12:06 pm

Points on hand: 4,004.00 Points

Post July 16th, 2004, 1:47 pm

Hmm.. Single faced trees won't work in any 3d-simulation. They work good in car simulations where you stay at a certain height, but as soon as you can go OVER the tree, they are completely useless. The only way to prevent them from looking even worse than those that we have would be to completely animate them from different angles. The Sim then would have to load the right animation depending on the angle you look at the tree. But this would cost enormous power and lots of data for the textures and is just not usefull.

You're right, but the same thing apllies to the trees they have now, which look bad at all angles. They should just use 3d trees and use progressive meshing or whatever to do it so framerates are barely affected. Go the www.nolimitscoaster.de to see how Ole used this technique for his new cars.

Another idea: More realistic sound effects. Like the B&M coaster train sounds nothing like the one in real life. The chain sound for the steel coasters suck too.

Oh, and we need a better way of collision detecting. Rather than using the old, stupid, and inacurrate way of tunnels, they should create something that "scans" your track and can detect other track, supports, 3ds's, terrain and so forth. Sorry to bring up the topic.

Post August 11th, 2004, 6:15 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

Originally posted by coasteragent99

Another idea: More realistic sound effects. Like the B&M coaster train sounds nothing like the one in real life. The chain sound for the steel coasters suck too.

Oh, and we need a better way of collision detecting. Rather than using the old, stupid, and inacurrate way of tunnels, they should create something that "scans" your track and can detect other track, supports, 3ds's, terrain and so forth. Sorry to bring up the topic.

if you want better sounds, make some, the NL sounds are set-up so that if you have better sounds that are the right length and type you can replace the extsting effecs. and tunnel testing isnt "stupid, and inacurrate" it is a very good way of checking for collisins. i think that after this update, they should only work on adding new track types, cuz they're putting so much into the editor, and tia's makin soo many easy tools, that all you have to do is click a few times and you have a pretty good coaster, thats not very cool, and very cheap! and cheap stuff sux!

sorry if i have offended anyone.

Post August 11th, 2004, 6:34 pm

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

Originally posted by GRIM

if you want better sounds, make some, the NL sounds are set-up so that if you have better sounds that are the right length and type you can replace the extsting effecs. and tunnel testing isnt "stupid, and inacurrate" it is a very good way of checking for collisins. i think that after this update, they should only work on adding new track types, cuz they're putting so much into the editor, and tia's makin soo many easy tools, that all you have to do is click a few times and you have a pretty good coaster, thats not very cool, and very cheap! and cheap stuff sux!

sorry if i have offended anyone.

I don't see why you should have offended anyone.

Better sounds would be cool, but the sounds are already really good and realistic I think. Except this annoying chain-sound. Oh, and the LIM sound. In a real coaster a LIM sounds very very awesome. But, if they will focus on LIM coasters, I think they will make some more realistic LIM sounds too. And this "tsssssssssssssssssss" when the brakes open and the train leaves, is really getting annoying. Espesially at the steel coaster types.

But, thecool326, I hope they will make more updates before starting NL2. Because they have made such a great program - I personnaly think not many things are wrong about this program - why would they start for an NL2? They will have to "start over again" like programming, modeling, and all that kinda stuff. And I think the graphics are great now, just how they are. See what I mean? I mean, if they make a NL2, it has to beat NL1, and all of its updates, wich would take very very much time. They are spending about a year at 1.5, so if they have to make everything all over again, it take like 3,5 years (hey, I don't know).

Post August 11th, 2004, 7:12 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

well, if it has taken them this long to get to the current version, than it will prolly take longer to make a NL2... i think a nl2 would be un-cool, cuz, you'd prolly have to pay for it, it might not accept the same track files as NL1, thus causing all your tracks to be un-ride able, and usless. that would not be good. i just want them to forget about an nl2, and focus on 1.5, and future track styles, if they come-out with too much more than that, im not gonna d-laod updates anymore, cuz they just make the game so cheap, and as a said earlyer, that sucks. oh, and if you want a lim sound, place a lift right after you start the launch, it gives it a very realistic effect.

ps- omg, there's an alien in my front yard!

Post August 11th, 2004, 9:13 pm

Well, they could make an NL version 2.0 like an update.

tunnel testing isnt "stupid, and inacurrate" it is a very good way of checking for collisins

It terrible. If you have one little stinkin' support beam, some nutbrain is going to complain about the "collision", even it sticks in a little. It's hard to judge a close call.

Post August 12th, 2004, 12:18 am

Points on hand: 4,300.00 Points

Well if a support takes away just a wee bit off your face, you WILL complain.

I played around with the NL demo and one thing I miss is that you can't type in exact values for the nodes (angles, position, banking).
It would make it easier and faster to design a "rough shape" and then smoothen it out as it wont require as much clicking in dragging.

One thing NL can learn from HR [;)]

Post August 12th, 2004, 8:11 am

well, if it has taken them this long to get to the current version, than it will prolly take longer to make a NL2... i think a nl2 would be un-cool, cuz, you'd prolly have to pay for it, it might not accept the same track files as NL1, thus causing all your tracks to be un-ride able, and usless. that would not be good. i just want them to forget about an nl2, and focus on 1.5, and future track styles, if they come-out with too much more than that, im not gonna d-laod updates anymore, cuz they just make the game so cheap, and as a said earlyer, that sucks. oh, and if you want a lim sound, place a lift right after you start the launch, it gives it a very realistic effect.

ps- omg, there's an alien in my front yard!

Cool

And good luck with your alien [lol]

Post August 12th, 2004, 10:44 am
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by FlyingV

Well if a support takes away just a wee bit off your face, you WILL complain.

I played around with the NL demo and one thing I miss is that you can't type in exact values for the nodes (angles, position, banking).
It would make it easier and faster to design a "rough shape" and then smoothen it out as it wont require as much clicking in dragging.

One thing NL can learn from HR [;)]

this feature will be avalble in the 1.5 update, as it will include the "vertex Panel" or somthin like that...

<<GRIM>>

Post August 12th, 2004, 11:19 am

Vertex panel? I don't know what that is. Look how many new options NL 1.5 will have:

- Remodeling --> higher detail
- Shuttle operation
- Intamin Impulse track style
- All MAC options
- Animated brakes and stuff
- LIM launched track style + LIM brakes
- Facing Inverted track style
- Better hyper support connections to track
- Choise of different spine types (I don't know what that means [lol])

All sounds great. I think this is like everything, what do I forget?

Post August 12th, 2004, 11:27 am

Choice of spline types is like choice of intamin quad rail or double rail instead of tri rail.

if you want better sounds, make some, the NL sounds are set-up so that if you have better sounds that are the right length and type you can replace the extsting effecs

That's for SM. Look through the data folders of NL if you don't believe me.

Anyway, we do need a collision detection system. Perhaps a special tunnel specifically designed for that? It should also be in the right shape, not just size.

Post August 12th, 2004, 12:26 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Roelywoely

Vertex panel? I don't know what that is.

its one of the new MAC features
That's for SM. Look through the data folders of NL if you don't believe me.

ummm, i looked thru the data folders, perhaps you should try looking thru the data folders. all the sounds are in that folder.

<<GRIM>>

Post August 12th, 2004, 1:02 pm

Originally posted by Roelywoely

perhaps you should try looking thru the data folders. all the sounds are in that folder.

I haven't found any files I can hear. I need *.mp3, *.wav, *.wma or *.ogg files

Post August 12th, 2004, 1:11 pm

perhaps you should try looking thru the data folders. all the sounds are in that folder

Yeah, but they're in foriegn formats that NL uses. Not in common formats like .mp3 or .ogg. Take a look.

Oh, and do you just put the sound file in there? If so, what format must it be in?

Post August 12th, 2004, 1:15 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

why do you need a mp3 .wav .wma or .ogg file? the NL sounds are in .wdt format.

Post August 12th, 2004, 1:24 pm

Isn't that a "foriegn" format? No converters will convert it. Let me try the renaming extension thing even though it never works.

Edit: I tried to open them but they're unreadable. If you think it works, why not try it and prove it?

Another edit: If it does, give me excact instructions on how to do it.

Post August 12th, 2004, 2:42 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

hey, i never said you could open it, but i think media player can,what i ment was if you have another sound file, in that format that you like better, you can use it insted of the games default

Post August 12th, 2004, 2:53 pm

Post August 12th, 2004, 3:35 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

if you have a .wtd file that sounds better then one of the sounds in NL, you can replace the one in NL with the one you got.

Post August 12th, 2004, 9:28 pm

There aren't any .wtd files around incase you didn't notice. NL should just implement custom sound supports. I think they should put their files in readable formats too.

Oh, and look how accurate tunnel testing is...

Image Insert:
36.08 KB

Post August 12th, 2004, 9:37 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

There aren't any .wtd files around incase you didn't notice. NL should just implement custom sound supports. I think they should put their files in readable formats too.

it is in a readable format!!!!!!! you can open it with any bcb voice system of wmp!!! ant the tunnel testing workes soo much better if you do it right! most people put tunnels on the mail part of the track and not the station!

<<GRIM>>

Post August 12th, 2004, 9:42 pm

You don't get it, do you??? It's showing how off it is. In other words, tunnel testing is an exagerated form of collison testing! Geez.

Anyways, most applications can't read wtd files. It's not a common format.

About the tunnel testing: Let's put it this way. You put a support beam right under, in the tunnel, up to the station floor. Now, someone tunnel tests it and considers it a collision, even though it's perfectly safe. It's on a launch. You see my point?

PreviousNext

Return to No Limits Coaster