Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster 1.5 ideas

1.5 ideas

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post August 12th, 2004, 10:43 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

Originally posted by coasteragent99

Anyways, most applications can't read wtd files. It's not a common format.

well, im not gonna say anything about the tunnel thing, you wont understand me.

ok, i know it isnt a common format, thats the first time ive seen that type of file, but Media player IS a very common prog! and IT CAN OPEN IT. and ANY bcb voice/sound prog can read it. im sure that there are sevral more un-official progs that can read it too.

Post August 13th, 2004, 8:44 am

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

This is getting way out of hand, please stop fighting.

Post August 13th, 2004, 10:17 am

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Media player can open it? Anyways, the idea is that I can't find any music converters that can convert .wav into that format. You may wonder where the sound file comes from. It comes from SM. But seriously, NL should change the sound of the steel coaster train. The sounds of air are realistic, but the train running sounds are not. I've never heard that kind of sound before anyways. It's just like RCT1's steel coasters. And no offence to anybody but their sounds for the steel coaster lift are just plain retarded. All you hear are tiny clicks. It should be alot louder, and abit more realistic. Their woodie sounds are pretty good except for the sound of the train running. And the steel brake sounds are pretty nice. They just need to work on train runnoing sounds and steel coaster lift sounds. I mean, listen to a B&M coaster running in NL compared to other programs or real life. It's very off.

And what don't I understand about tunnel testing? The idea is, the tunnel is too big for accurate testing. You can't have anything, even though it's safe. Put in a little headchopper effect safely spaced 10ft above the track... And what do you get? COMPLAINING ABOUT A COLLISION! Do you see my point? If not, oh well, I don't really care because I'm tired and I gatta work on my coaster.

Edit: Roely, this is a chat, not a fight. (At least, that's what it's supposed to be)

Admins, and mods, please don't misunderstand and please don't lock this topic.

Post August 13th, 2004, 10:30 am
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

Originally posted by coasteragent99

Media player can open it? Anyways, the idea is that I can't find any music converters that can convert .wav into that format. You may wonder where the sound file comes from. It comes from SM. But seriously, NL should change the sound of the steel coaster train. The sounds of air are realistic, but the train running sounds are not. I've never heard that kind of sound before anyways. It's just like RCT1's steel coasters. And no offence to anybody but their sounds for the steel coaster lift are just plain retarded. All you hear are tiny clicks. It should be alot louder, and abit more realistic. Their woodie sounds are pretty good except for the sound of the train running. And the steel brake sounds are pretty nice. They just need to work on train runnoing sounds and steel coaster lift sounds. I mean, listen to a B&M coaster running in NL compared to other programs or real life. It's very off.

well, ill try to make it louder, i hacked the file and got the c++ code from it, and i can make it anythink i want, but that would take a few weeks... thats UN-cool, right now im only gonna work on a huge texture update for nl, 1.5 is taking too long, so im makin my own update.

Post August 13th, 2004, 10:38 am

Good job. But still, I hope the developement team remakes the SE's. But that would make the update take even longer. But still, I'd like to see that. I just hope that 1.5 doesn't become like RCT3 being a huge project released late. For now, I guesss I'll have to wait. And I should learn hacking too. Maybe I can serve in the developement team after that. :|

Post August 13th, 2004, 7:36 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

good idea, allow gif for texture files, and allow jpg for car textures so people can just make it their damn selves.[lol]

Post August 14th, 2004, 3:18 pm

I don't think we need gif's. But you are absolutely correct about .jpg cartextures. Tehn again, peeps should just make it and then find an image converter online. I have one and it was free and supports tga's. But unfortunatly, not everyone has paintshop pro or adobe photoshop.

Previous

Return to No Limits Coaster