Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Athens 2004

Athens 2004

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post August 19th, 2004, 6:02 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I can't believe I haven't seen a post on here about the Olympics yet, agreed the Olympics mostly suck, but its still a pretty big thing [lol]. Anyway, what country are you from and how well do you think your country is doing in the Olympics this time round?

Also, what did you make of that opening ceremony? I thought the fireworks were amazing! Not usually one to be excited by things like that, but they really were something. But the rest of it was kinda nonsense [lol] to understand it you had to know about greek mythology which thankfully, I don't partake learning of of 'greek mythology' [lol] It all seems like nonsenese to me.

Post August 19th, 2004, 7:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Didnt watch the opening ceremony too busy staring at the wall. This year has been Ok. The diving is cool, and we GBR rocked in the 10m syncronized. Also gymnastics is fun to watch, espiecaly when they mess up.

Shame though that once again this year, the track and feild will most probaly be dominated by USA jocks. That really annoys me to be honest...and i really cant think of much more to say

Post August 19th, 2004, 7:14 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Canada is doing shitty this year :(. One medal for diving. Hopefully we will rack up some more medals in rowing.

I thought the opening ceremonies was pretty cool, especially with the moving platform type thing with all the people acting like moving statues.

and you sure do love that lol smiley

Post August 19th, 2004, 8:48 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

yaa, go canada, other then that, i love the olypics, but ihope cnada gets some medals.

Post August 19th, 2004, 8:50 pm

We just have to wait for the Winter Olympics to kick some ass ;)

Post August 19th, 2004, 10:27 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

Hockey is the only Olympic sport that matters.

Canadian teams won both the mens and womens last time. HA

All this prissy swimming and garbage, I'd rather not see Canada there. Bunch of [r]...

Post August 19th, 2004, 11:44 pm

Post August 20th, 2004, 3:54 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I'm with Edge, the only ones I enjoy watching are the diving and the gymnastics, because you have to admire what they can do though, especially with the mens floor event, thats blumming mental! they just run along a bit jump in the air and do like 4 flips, whats that all about!? [lol] Everything else at the olympics is pretty boring and rubbish, even the hockey becomes crap when its not on ice and I'm an avid follower of the NHL in America and Canada so its not because I don't like Hockey, because I do, but its just crap when its played normaly just running around. Even the Football becomes crap when its at an Olympic setting for some reason, even thats boring. GBR today won the gold in that cycling thing though, I has the tv on behind me [;)] I wasn't really watching it, but we still beat the FRENCH [:D] aslong as we finish in front of the French, I couldn't care less [:)]

Post August 20th, 2004, 7:03 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Ping Pong was pretty cool to watch though, same with wieght lifting, its kinda funny how people like lifting hundreds of pounds as an olympic sport, yes it takes skill, but still its a retarded idea.
-edit- oh yeah, I like watching boxing, too.

Post August 20th, 2004, 7:30 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
The opening cermony was cool. Norways best placement is a 9th place;) But tomorrow we will get our first gold medal.

The most funny thing about the olympics is watching all the unusual sports, like ping-pong and badminton.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post August 20th, 2004, 11:51 pm

Post August 21st, 2004, 4:25 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Woop! GBR kicked Canadas ass in the coxless 4 men rowing [pshades] so im happy about that.

Post August 21st, 2004, 9:41 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
We hardly kicked there ass, but at least we won! There was like 2 centimetres in it..

Post August 21st, 2004, 8:10 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

haha yeah, we had a really good day today though didn't we? GBR I mean, well we had a good morning anyway, this morning alone we got 4 gold medals, 2 silvers and a bronze....it went a bit crap after that though [:(] hehe.

Yeah I think the table tennis is pretty good to watch actually, I'd never really seen it before, but I saw a clip the other day, of a match from the last olympics and it was crazy, the speed they were playing at was mental. You did have to kind of admire what they were doing.

P.S, we're getting closer to France [:D]

Return to Off Topic Discussion