Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions What ur all time favorite park?

What ur all time favorite park?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 18th, 2004, 2:10 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

Post August 18th, 2004, 4:18 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

I havn't been to alot of parks yet, I've only been to Disney World in Florida, Universal Studios - Islands of Adventure, Six Flags Darien Lake, Marine Land and Paramount Canada's Wonderland.
Out of those the one that I enjoyed most would be Universal Studios - IOA. This park just had amazing theming. I love how they immerse you into the rides and experience. The rides are top notch as well.

Post August 18th, 2004, 4:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Well ive only been to parks in the UK, well until Saturday when im leaving for Port Aventura, and for me in the UK i would say Blackpool. Ive been to most parks in England and have experienced all the rides and the one park that makes me want to visit again is Blackpool. Admitidly a couple of years agao it would have no doubt been Alton Towers, as we used to visit almost every week, but now the park for me gets boring and as a result only visit once a twice a year now.

Although Blackpool wouldnt be the top choice for most people i do rather like the park. It was a wide variety of rides the best of which being Grand National and Valhalla. Personaly Valhalla was the incing on the cake for me, i love that ride and would travel the 200 miles just to ride it again [lol] The only down side to BPB is that it does come across a bit grotty and a new paint job on the rides, espiecaly the old woodens, really wouldnt hurt

Post August 18th, 2004, 7:31 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Last year, I would have said Cedar Point, but after this summer's adventures, my new favorite park is Holiday World in Santa Claus, IN.
Reason #1: this park doesn't rip you off. Admission is only $31, (well, $18.95 for me...), there is no charge for parking, there is no admission to the water park, you get free unlimited soft drinks all day, free suntan lotion in the water park, and souvenier t-shirts are only $12. Compared to cedar point, which has $43 park admission, $8 parking, $29.95 admission to Soak City, $2.95 for each 24 oz soda, and all the games are at least twice as expensive as Holiday World's.
Reason #2: The Raven, The Legend, Zoombabwe, and Zinga. The Legend by itself is worth the trip, as it is the only time I have experienced complete euphoria on a roller coaster. The Raven is amazing, and the two waterslides are incredibly unique and thrilling. All of the rides at this park are done the way they ought to be, with amazing pacing and surprises around every turn.
Reason #3: the staff are incredibly friendly compared to just about every other park in the world. They are happy that you are there to see their park and to ride their coasters. It really creates an environment that is impossible not to have fun in.

Did I mention The Legend? [;)]

Post August 21st, 2004, 8:36 pm

I've heard Holiday World was awesome! That's a great park.

And what's valhalla like, what is it? And why is it so great?

Post August 21st, 2004, 8:41 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

My fav would have to be...... Paramount's Great America

Post August 21st, 2004, 9:37 pm

Why PGA? KBF looks better. Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, and that really steep water ride. PGA would be better if it had Stealth!

Post August 21st, 2004, 11:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

SFMM, SFMW and PGA all have great rides, but as for environment, I'd have to say Santa Cruz beach boardwalk, being as they're not in a big park chain, so prices are generally cheaper including food. I can't really decide my favorite of the 4 I posted because they're all good in different ways. Boardwalk has the best environment though because it's not overly busy and have an excellent classic.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post August 22nd, 2004, 7:11 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
For the rollercoasters Alton Towers is a great park, but Mirabilandia ia much bether park. Amazing Atmosphere, great themeing, almost no-que and the amazing Katun are all reasons that make this a great park. Also LiseBerg is a great park.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post August 22nd, 2004, 8:25 am

Points on hand: 3,321.00 Points
Well my favorite park is Europa Park. I really love this park. I can't get enough of it. (Please helpe me I'm addicted :D)

Bino

Post August 22nd, 2004, 6:43 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Well, there are just so many parks I would like to get to in the next few years, but as of right now my fav is definitely Indiana Beach. A 7-hour ride pass is only 18 bucks, and on a normal day there you could probably get twice the rides on IB's coasters as a full 12-hour stint at CP. And for less than half the price of admission. And Cornball Express is worth the trip itself. The ride is totally nuts, and is my favorite coaster, with heaps of airtime and a great finale into the brake run. And none of their coasters are bad or boring, with the very fun Hoosier Hurricane, and amazingly re-rideable LoCoSuMo. The restraintless Tig'rr Coaster with its fast, banked turns running along the ground is something to experience, and even the Galaxi has some backseat air. Plus, you get a nice assortment of other rides, including one psycho shot tower. I really can't say enough about this cool park.

Rounding out my top 5...
-Holiday World: Raven and Legend, period.
-Cedar Point: Sure it's expensive, but you sometimes you have to pay for good coasters, and Millennium Force and Raptor are both in my top 10.
-Busch Gardens Tampa: Animals + Coasters in a beautiful, clean environment.
-Six Flags St. Louis: Nudges out SFGAm and IoA with Boss...plus, one of the cleanest Six Flags parks there is.

Post August 22nd, 2004, 11:40 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

cedar point, without a dought.

why? cuz it rocks, its just, so cool.

Post August 23rd, 2004, 2:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Islands of Adventure kills all the parks I have been too. ( Cedar Point,Busch Gardens Tampa, Disney World, and Universal Studios)

Post August 24th, 2004, 3:26 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I can't decide between Knoebels, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, or Lakeside. They're all very traditional parks with great rides, a nice atmosphere, friendly staff, low prices, and I just have so much more fun at those parks than the big parks.

Post August 24th, 2004, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

I can't decide between Knoebels, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, or Lakeside.

ahhh, knoebels is definitly up there with one of my favorite parks i have ever been to, but not to sound like im on the CP bandwagon, but CP is also definitly one of the greatest parks i have ever attended.

Post August 25th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Post August 26th, 2004, 11:45 pm

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

I've been to Cedar Point, Geauga Lake, Kings Island, Kennywood, Idlewild, Hershey Park, Six Flags America, Busch Gardens Willaimsburg, Dorney Park, and CLP. Out of those, I would say my all time favorite has to be Hershey Park, great attractions and rides, great atmosphere and all around awesome park. Plus, you got tons and tons of Hershey chocolate!!

Return to General Theme Park Discussions