Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports 40$ pays in 2 days

40$ pays in 2 days

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post August 26th, 2004, 4:08 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Yep, that $40 will be in CP's hands. [:)] I'll post a trip report when I come back. In the meantime, tell me whatever you want to tell me. Tips, and stuff would be greatly apreciated. Wich me short lines, safety, TTD not breaking down when I want to ride it, and most of all, fun...

Can't wait! [:P]

Post August 26th, 2004, 4:41 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Post August 27th, 2004, 3:51 pm

I went there once a year ago and once 2 years ago. This is my 3rd time.

Post August 29th, 2004, 11:15 am

Here it is...

After a 3 hr bus ride, we finnally got there, and from the distant, I saw the rides and immediatly got very excited and I was shouting like a retard. When we got there, we got into groups. (It was a large group of people going, not just me) Then, couldn't find the group I wanted to be in (a group with some high schoolers, who encouraged me to ride the intense rides last year), so I joined another group. Well, not knowing what I wanted to do, I started following them to the skyride, where they were mock-screaming on it...

Later, we went on Iron Dragon, which was quite pointless, at least IMO. Then we went on Mantis, my first stand up ride, and it was great. I would constantly be scaring my friend who was there for the first time. How? Easy, just read the stats to him! After the ride, we split up, so I was in a smaller group of 2 other people. They were just as lame and insisted to go on the wildcat, so I went off on my own for the first time ever in a park and boarded the Power Tower, which had a short line. I got the downlaunch one and it was a wonderful experience. I also liked how the restraints were labed "S&S" on it. After that, I found Randy, and he took a pic of me in front of TTD. Then, someone from another group came by after teh pic and though I had ridden it, then I felt like riding it, so I got in line and after about an hour, I was in the station. I went for the front seat and it was an hour more. Then, it was finnally my turn, so I stepped in... No it didn't break down, so the trains rolled down and I was about to experience the best 17 seconds of my life...

And so I did. The launch was so fast, it felt like 4 milliseconds rather than 4 seconds. I forgot to buy an onride photo afterwards, unfortunaty, but the ride was as good as ever. The air at the top, combined with the view, was unspeakable goodness, and the drop was just about as impressive, especially being in the front seat. :) I met the group I wanted to join when I was rolling down the breaks but teh group was still in line, so I took off.

After that, I went on the Magnum. Unfortunatly, I forgot to take the 3rd row and took the back instead. Yes, it gets rougher every year, and being in the back, there was alot of painful jerks around the turns, them, a lateral bashing into the butterfly turn. But the air at the end was just wonderful. The tunnels seem to go so close that I actually ducked myself to the other side. It seemed that if I took my hand out, I would lose it forever.

The ride was over later, and I moved on to Gemini. Yes, it lacks a little speed and height, but was so fun. There was air everywhere and my train even won the race. The headchoppers made me actually made me lower my arms while they were still in the air. Now I'd better remember which one in was next year, so I can start taunting again. :) No, I will not tell which train it was. :P Anyways, after the pain from Magnum, I didn't even feel like going on Mean Streak, so I walked quite a bit all the way to MF.

About an hour wait and then I was on one of the best rides ever. I took the back, but it wasn't as good as everyone said it was, so next time, I'm going for the front, just for the first drop. :) The ride does lack a few hills, but wehn you raise up your arms, yo can really feel the air, though, not as good as air on other rides. (Shut up, SFNE) Anyways, it was quite some inspiration for my recreations too. In the line, it was cool when the train would rush by and blow some wind on us, which felt good because it was pretty warm that day.

So after taht, I passed a few other rides, and took the skyride again to the main midway and took a ride on Raptor, which wasn't taht good anymore because it seems to lack air, but that's probably because of all the other rides I've ridden. After that was Blue Streak, which, 2 years ago, I hated it, then I rode it and loved it. It was classic and had alot of good air. Then, I took off to the Wicked Twister. In the line, the wid was blowing and the towers shook around quite abit, which is the scariest thing I've ever seen. The ride was kind of rough, but being in the back, I got some air at the top of one of the towers. You would just hang there in the back, facing the ground, which was 200ft below you, then you would plunge down. The ride was just generally fun.

So, the day was almost over, since I had to meet at 6:30. But I found that it was 6:00 or so and I wanted to go on Blue Streak again, so I tried to, but a clap of thunder caused it to close so we all had to leave 30 mins early, but I didn't care because I got all the rides I wanted. I got a stamp, and then went back in before everyone arrived and then I picked up a map, and then someone said, "why are you getting a map when we're leaving?" It was for memories, I suppose. So it started raining and storming, and we were under a tree too. After a while, we left and went to McDanalds, where I was talking so much about my experience there. I kinda lost my appetite too so I tried my best and still finished. Oh, and BTW, I was so into the riding during the day that I forgot to eat lunch. I took some pics at the park too, and it was great.

Now, I'm back home, and things aren't that nice here as they were in CP, so the real question is, which is my real home?

Image Insert:
75.66 KB

edit: comments?

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports