Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Man dead after fair ride breaks apart

Man dead after fair ride breaks apart

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 20th, 2004, 12:17 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Latest news ....

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/09/19/fair.a ... index.html

SHREWSBURY, Massachusetts (AP) -- A carnival ride broke apart during a church fair Sunday, killing a man and injuring two other people ...

Post September 20th, 2004, 12:34 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

That's crazy..I was just reading about that on another website. I'm assuming it was probably one of those scramblers.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post September 20th, 2004, 1:55 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i dunno but it wasn't soo high...
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post September 20th, 2004, 7:21 am

Points on hand: 664.00 Points
I hate when ride accidents are caused by people not following ride safety rules, but this was obviously just not put together very well. People at carnivals have a tendency not to check their rides for safety.

Post September 20th, 2004, 9:23 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by nannerdw

I hate when ride accidents are caused by people not following ride safety rules, but this was obviously just not put together very well. People at carnivals have a tendency not to check their rides for safety.

I like doing dangerous but if i'll think i can hurt myself, if i'm gonna do that, then i'm not doing that. Maybe it was someone who wanted to find out it's limits...
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post September 20th, 2004, 11:02 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I like doing dangerous

I bet you do!

Anyways, wierd coinsidence that the ride was at a Church Fair, obviously God is against fair grounds [lol]

Post September 20th, 2004, 11:24 am

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Originally posted by The Edge

I like doing dangerous

I bet you do!

Anyways, wierd coinsidence that the ride was at a Church Fair, obviously God is against fair grounds [lol]

yeah, and the ride was called "sizzler" => hot => hell => the devil was at work, not god
Rarwh

Post September 20th, 2004, 12:42 pm

Maintenance folks .... it is all about maintenance.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post September 20th, 2004, 5:40 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

Originally posted by zan_2003

yeah, and the ride was called "sizzler" => hot => hell => the devil was at work, not god

Dumbest => Thing => I've => Read => Today

The devil is awesome since he can override god at a church-related fair.

Shouldn't God be at work trying to stop the devil? Or are you saying the devil wins. If so, he's even more awesome because he wins, and winning kicks ass.

On a more serious note, That sucks that that happened. Another poorly maintained carnival ride. Nothing really out of the ordinary there though. That's why I prefer large permanent parks.

Post September 20th, 2004, 8:46 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

wow, that would realy suck, to be killed on a kiddy ride....

it seems there has been a lot of deaths this year from caosters, carnaval rides........
0.o

Post September 20th, 2004, 10:42 pm

Originally posted by Master of Puppets

Dumbest => Thing => I've => Read => Today

The devil is awesome since he can override god at a church-related fair.

Shouldn't God be at work trying to stop the devil? Or are you saying the devil wins. If so, he's even more awesome because he wins, and winning kicks ass.

Oh yeah MOP ... you are certainly qualified here to call things dumb. Geesh. Re-read your comments again. THAT was incredibly immature not to mention very inflamatory to those (like me) who have a strong faith in God.

Keep in mind that the flaming through PM is fine with me as I have nothing to lose but YOUR patience.

And oh yeah, is the cursing necessary? Can't you try to control your brain to fingers response time? Geesh.

Post September 20th, 2004, 11:20 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

The moral of this incident: NEVER trust carnival rides! Those seem to have more issues than regular permanant or portable rides in a permanent location, being well maintained. Those carnies are just slapped together, tested, giving rides for a week or a weekend, and then taken down. After constant taking things apart, things tend to go apart easier from my experience.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post September 21st, 2004, 7:39 am

No kidding ... low wages to maintain, constant moving/resetting up ... it is only a matter of time.

Post September 21st, 2004, 12:56 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

Cursing? I didn't curse anywhere. Unless you think "ass" is a curse. If so. [lol] @ you.

I'm not taking offense to anything, you are whining about me making jokes about church and the like. Since I don't find that stuff offensive and I don't care about it anyway, I will joke about it all I want.

Refer to the Marilyn Manson quote in my signature if you want my opinions on "god".

Post September 24th, 2004, 8:23 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by Master of Puppets

Dumbest => Thing => I've => Read => Today.....

[:D] I have to agree, that was really dumb. And about the dot, dot, I don't fine that as offensive as other things people have wrote. HE never said "God Sucks" like other people have. And MoP has said before that he doesn't believe in the Devil, so why does it matter anyways what he says about God or the Devil?
About current subject matter, more care should be taken into when setting up these carny rides. You can't have people dying at these things. Then it would loose its fun.

Post September 24th, 2004, 10:34 pm
Pyro_136

Points on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
what angrygumball said. at the annual fair where i live a girl died ride the Gravitron (thing that spins and sticks u to the wall). aparently the door broke opened during operation and like 4 or 5 pasengers flew out and got injured. i freaked out cuz i had just riden it the day before!

Return to Off Topic Discussion