Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion wierdness....

wierdness....

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 23rd, 2004, 8:57 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

i saw this on mttm, and thought yall might wanna see it.
Today as my brother and his girlfriend were on there way to her house they noticed these green and orange lights in the sky.. They didn't think much about them at the time but were thinking about what they could be. They thought they were just a reflection of the sun on something in the distance and let it go.... Later when they returned to his girlfriend house, her dad asked them if they saw these weird lights that other people were seeing. After talking about it for awhile they overheard a local radio show that were talking about it.. They were talking about a millitary base in Detroit deploying there fighter jets and helicopters. Just after they were done talking about it, the radio station recieved a phone call from a man with a weird voice claming to be an FBI agent and told everyone they should look into and keep talking about this because something is coming... I have no clue what to think right now but it's kinda freaky.

wierd, huh.

Post September 23rd, 2004, 9:09 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

i belive in aliens, but not those cartoony little bubble-eyed aliens....

Post September 24th, 2004, 2:54 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Very interesting, I dont wanna start a big debate but I also believe there are aliens out there. I just find it quite unlikely that they could send a ship millions of light years and pick out our planet as one they want to take a look at (Unless they noticed water). How would they survive the amazingly long journeys?? Im sure it can be explained by some new technology that is being tested out - does anyone know of any pictures of this?

Post September 24th, 2004, 11:17 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Well they could survive by traveling ships with biodomes, so they would have everything they would ever need, or they could travel at warp speed and have really pointed ears, like star trek [lol][r]!

I beleive there is'life out there' but just like animals and plants as such, none of this ET stuff

Post September 24th, 2004, 11:39 am

Points on hand: 2,149.00 Points
[lol] my god, that's hilarious [r][lol]!

Yeah honestly...anyone seen scary movie 3? those aliens are dum-dum *boink*

Post September 24th, 2004, 12:01 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

How do you know? The universe is massive, with trillions of stars, planets, and other systems with similar conditions to Earth. It seems highly unlikely that only one of those trillions of planets has life. Surely there are thousands or millions of those planets that have life forms on them. And who's to say that all of them are just plants or bacteria? There just may be another species on other planets that look exactly like us... and perhaps some of them are advanced enough to design a space ship capable of speed of light travel. When we look at speed of light travel in Einstein's relativity theory, time slows down as an object approaches the speed of light. To the ship traveling at the speed of light, it would appear that almost no time at all has passed, enev though the given amount of light years have passed from a stationary observer. Therefore, travel millions of lightyears at a time is possible even by a single crew, if they are traveling close enough to the speed of light. Therefore, it is more than reasonable that a small craft capable of light speed could be visiting us at this very moment. And who's to say they are from millions of lightyears away? They could be in our own galaxy for all we know. The milky way is not even close to explored fully yet. We actually know almost nothing except about the stars in our general area. Beyond our comprehension there are trillions of undiscovered planets just waiting to be discovered. And who knows? we may be seeing planets just like ours soon.

Post September 24th, 2004, 5:38 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I think cjd is one of these aliens [:D]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 24th, 2004, 5:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,008.00 Points
LOL!

I believe. Period. (but not the "Novelty Art Conception aliens" as they're called for example)

Post September 24th, 2004, 5:51 pm

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

Originally posted by GRIM

i belive in aliens, but not those cartoony little bubble-eyed aliens....

I believe in them too [lol] someone or something told me there is a 99% chance there are aliens. Pretty cool, but for some reason I don't think they'll like us...

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

ROFL [lol]

Post September 24th, 2004, 6:49 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

Don't make me sick my voracious army of math nerds on you, WWS. We're armed with magic cards, 20-sided dice, and TI-89's...
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Post September 24th, 2004, 7:08 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by cjd

Einstein's relativity theory

*Einstein's theory of relativity [;)][lol]

and yeah, aliens exist. Look how big the universe is and whatever and all that drivel and it becomes obvious that somewhere on a planet very far away there is a race of entities asking each other, "Is there life elsewhere in the universe?"

Post September 24th, 2004, 7:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I don't believe there are aliens. I also don't believe that the universe is as big as everyone thinks it is. Scientists say the universe is billions, if not more, light years away and some say that it goes on forever, but how can they say that when they haven't explored very much of it? There is no evidence supporting that the universe is as big as scientists claim. I do believe there are bacteria and other basic forms of life though maybe, but nothing as complex as us.

Post September 24th, 2004, 8:07 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by GO

well.......i think that these are infact U.F.O's
beacause i believe in that for certain reasons that i really am tired of telling ppl about so im not gonna talk about it :]

if they were Unidentified flying objects, then they were U.F.0s, but that doesn't mean they're aliens. They could just be unidentified air crafts.
Anyways, maybe there are aliens, maybe there aren't, but I'm pretty sure if they can master in flying through space, they aren't here to conquer our planet.[approve]

Post September 24th, 2004, 8:48 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Originally posted by cjd

How do you know? The universe is massive, with trillions of stars, planets, and other systems with similar conditions to Earth. It seems highly unlikely that only one of those trillions of planets has life. Surely there are thousands or millions of those planets that have life forms on them. And who's to say that all of them are just plants or bacteria? There just may be another species on other planets that look exactly like us... and perhaps some of them are advanced enough to design a space ship capable of speed of light travel. When we look at speed of light travel in Einstein's relativity theory, time slows down as an object approaches the speed of light. To the ship traveling at the speed of light, it would appear that almost no time at all has passed, enev though the given amount of light years have passed from a stationary observer. Therefore, travel millions of lightyears at a time is possible even by a single crew, if they are traveling close enough to the speed of light. Therefore, it is more than reasonable that a small craft capable of light speed could be visiting us at this very moment. And who's to say they are from millions of lightyears away? They could be in our own galaxy for all we know. The milky way is not even close to explored fully yet. We actually know almost nothing except about the stars in our general area. Beyond our comprehension there are trillions of undiscovered planets just waiting to be discovered. And who knows? we may be seeing planets just like ours soon.

ahh, yes, the theory of relativity. I do believe this is why it is possible to travel in the future, and not the past. correct me if i am wrong cjd.

Post September 24th, 2004, 9:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Actually, if you travel fastER than the speed of light you will decrease in age, allowing you to travel into your past. I could be wrong though.

Post September 24th, 2004, 9:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Actually, if you travel fastER than the speed of light you will decrease in age, allowing you to travel into your past. I could be wrong though.

?????? decrease in age? You will have to explain that.
When i was about 7, i believe i saw a ufo, my brother saw it and started crying (he was 8 at the time, prob thought they were going to land and kill him or somthing) anyway. Aliens may exsist, seeing as there are billions of galaxies. We can only hope that if advanced life forms were to visit earth, that they are not hostile. If they are, we can just throw water on them[:p]

Post September 24th, 2004, 11:18 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

lol @ everyone. A UFO doesnt mean aliens, it means that the flying object is not identified, so in no way could it not be anything else.

Return to Off Topic Discussion