Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Oblivion Becomes Illegal at the End of the 2004 Se

Oblivion Becomes Illegal at the End of the 2004 Se

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

The event was recently put on hold whilst the rich, hypocritical & miserable alton couple, Mr. & Mrs. Roper took legal action to stop it taking place this year and forever more, after successfully winning a court case in which the current operation of Oblivion becomes illegal at the end of the 2004 season.

Damn people. Thats totally sukcs. Just for th sake of two rich bastards!

Post October 1st, 2004, 12:54 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,549.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ahwell, get rid of the thing I say, its crap anyway....but don't show this to DjJavixxxxx or you may find yourself without a head anymore [lol]

Still though, bloody annoyed with the Alton residents as it is, if Alton Towers really do have to remove a ride, even if it is Oblivion, then that really does suck. Those geezers need to go to hell....or Oblivion as DjJavixxxxx would say

Post October 1st, 2004, 12:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Post October 1st, 2004, 2:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Why cant we have theme park extremists? They would sort out those Ropers

Post October 1st, 2004, 2:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

haha, that sucks bigtime.

Well if they can't have it anymore I'll take it off their hands ;)

But seriously, perhaps this isn't such a bad thing (other than losing a cool ride). Alton Towers could sell it for a big hunk of cash, and purchase some new flat rides or even a small coaster.

Post October 1st, 2004, 2:54 pm

Nah, Oblivion is one of Alton Towers signiture rides. Without Oblivion the X sector would be nothing. Also that is the closest thing to a thrill ride there. At least you do get some air-time on the drop. Personaly i think Oblivion is a great ride for the space John Wardley was given and there is no way that it could be replaced with thrill rides. Also i doubt Oblivion will shut next year. Im sure Alton Towers will find a way round the sitituation, i just hope the Ropers burn

Post October 1st, 2004, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points

Post October 1st, 2004, 4:03 pm

Points on hand: 1.00 Points
--------------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 1st, 2004, 4:16 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
I liked Oblivion. I tought it was a great ride. And I think AT needs a ride like Oblivion. And I'm pretty sure they don't get ride of Oblvion. You just don't close a 12mill????????? ride.

Post October 1st, 2004, 4:17 pm

I say, screw that. Just make the next TTD "Oblivion". 470ft high, 133 mph, and SFGA is screwed. But then the athourities come to take it down. Then the tower of the ride shoots missles at them, blowing them up one by one. When the protesters back them off, the tower throws gernades at them, blowing up their houses, then, us wws peeps go in and sets the Roperfuckers' home on fire. Lol, what a dreamy situation except for the "trouble" we'd be facing.

Post October 1st, 2004, 4:45 pm

Post October 1st, 2004, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,952.00 Points
Wow that is really gay, but why would they want to remove that historical landmark?. Who wants to star a save oblivion site? PM if u do. And if im not mistakien isnt oblivion the first verticle coaster?

Post October 1st, 2004, 5:26 pm

technically it isn't vertical ;)

but yeah i think it was the first of its kind..either it or the other one, which i cant seem to remember the name of

Post October 1st, 2004, 7:17 pm

coasteragent99 although your post was enlightening, im pretty sure it wasnt really all that appriopriate....but anyhow, yes it was the first and G5 the flying submarine is the other one your thinking of

Post October 1st, 2004, 8:02 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

im with DjJavixxxxx on this one, those idiots need to get a life, maybe if they ride it they would like it..no they would probably get a heartattack, i still think it's silly.

Post October 1st, 2004, 9:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

maybe if they ride it they would like it..no they would probably get a heartattack, i still think it's silly.
Why not give 'em a ride then? J/k...Those peeps are lame. I live right next door to a radiator shop that has constant noise from 6 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon. You would think they'd get used to the coaster by now.

Post October 1st, 2004, 9:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

This coul end up a positive. With getting rid of Oblivion, AT will get money for selling it hopefully, and if you guys are lucky it will get sold to another Euro park. Then, with a signature coaster lost, AT will almost be obligated to build something good in its place. Im thinking AT is soon to have a Frequent Faller possibly, or a ride similar to oblivion but with some means of limited sound.

Post October 1st, 2004, 10:11 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Or it could be that new vekoma lauched coaster they are in the midst of making already....

Post October 1st, 2004, 11:09 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

I say theyput in an Intamin LIM coaster, build it 3x above treeline, and have a very bright color scheme. Usually, Intamin Lim coasters have this loud screaching sound as they launch off, therefore they should amplify the screaching sound. That would be cool just to get those guys angry.

Post October 1st, 2004, 11:15 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
Is it possible that they might just move it to another area of the park? I'm not familiar with this park, having never been there, but is there room anywhere else for this ride?

Post October 2nd, 2004, 12:46 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

i got another reason why this hole thing is stupid, because it's not like the coaster is hurting the environment, but all in all, GET A LIFE(and don't be so greedy!)

Post October 2nd, 2004, 4:04 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
how about demolishing oblivion, keep the hole, and make a BIGGER oblivion [:P][devilish]

Post October 2nd, 2004, 9:13 am

Is it possible that they might just move it to another area of the park? I'm not familiar with this park, having never been there, but is there room anywhere else for this ride?

Not really possible. The park is built on a valley which kind of splits the park in two X sector is really the only place it could be built unless it went into the valley.

Imo the only way they could replace Oblivion would be with a Gyro drop (as UK doesnt have one) or an Intamin ride trade. I love the drop towers and since Oblvion is kind of like them that would be fun. The only problem would be the stupidly long queues

Post October 2nd, 2004, 12:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Couldnt they build a Frequent Faller? I have never actually been to the park, but it seems to me they would have room for 1.

Post October 2nd, 2004, 1:39 pm

Originally posted by Angry_Gumball

maybe if they ride it they would like it..no they would probably get a heartattack, i still think it's silly.
Why not give 'em a ride then? J/k...Those peeps are lame. I live right next door to a radiator shop that has constant noise from 6 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon. You would think they'd get used to the coaster by now.

Easy, just throw the Rapers in a box, carry them throught the queue, then put one in the front, one in the back, then lock the otsr's before they can do anything about it. Then, dispatch the ride. Just make sure nobody tries to mess with e-stop. [devilish]

you can do that all while i ride it :D

Ah screw that then. I'll ride it, and right before the drop, I throw a hand gernade at them below. [stoning] [lol]

how about demolishing oblivion, keep the hole, and make a BIGGER oblivion [:p] [devilish]

But then mr and ms Raper take them to court again.

although your post was enlightening, im pretty sure it wasnt really all that appriopriate....

This is one of the rides that I've always wanted to ride. And it's the least I can do to get back at them. [approve]

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions