Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Photophobia - woody - YAY

Photophobia - woody - YAY

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post May 24th, 2005, 12:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

I dont know what it is, But i have been looking forward to making another woody, since i made 20s revenge i have had loads of ideas for new woodies. YAY. Anyway, this is the result of 2 or 3 hours of boredom, waiting for the results of the match up contest on WWS! It is pretty cool so far IMO, so i have decided that after the match up contest is finished (thats IF i get through to the final) that i will carry on with this woody photophobia. Anyway, it may look small, but many will notice the 3 tunnels. At the moment the track just bangs into the ground but i will theme it as well as i can. The ride is based on the new Gravity group coaster hades. It is also loosely based on Raven for some reason. Anyway, take a look at the pics. I have left the footers in so you can see where the underground sections go. But you dont know any of the height difference underground. Lets just say it is over a 50 metre difference in height between the highest and lowest point of the ride. There are some pretty big drops and some big airtime, especially one of the airtime hills underground. [:D]

http://nldc.interfix.net/p584

BTW the project is called photophobia as the ride goes underground 3 times, and then comes back into the light. Photophobia is a fear of light.

Please tell me what you think. How i should theme it. If you like/dislike the name at the moment. etc. [:D]

Post May 24th, 2005, 2:56 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

I think it looks pretty nice so far and lots of fun. It is going to be a big pain the rear end to support that though [lol] Good luck!

Post May 24th, 2005, 4:04 pm

I know but i dont mind. It is going to be my next big project after the match up contest so i will spend plenty of time on it.

Post May 24th, 2005, 4:20 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Be sure to disable the supports for the underground segments when building. Oh yeah, are you going to use 3ds or just let it crash into the ground?

Post May 24th, 2005, 4:42 pm

3ds definately. Im also gonna build the whole underground tunnels with 3ds. Like instead of using the wooden tunnels on nolimits, im going to make concrete tunnels. As the track runs side by side a couple of times underground, and with concrete tunnels i can have 2 bits of track in 1 tunnel which is better.

Post May 24th, 2005, 4:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Be sure to disable the supports for the underground segments when building.

If you read his post you would see that he only left the footers there so you can see where the track is underground.

Looks good, Jpe. I'm looking forward to those crazy tunnels.

Post May 24th, 2005, 5:08 pm

Thanks IF!!!!!!!!! BTW just to make you want too see them tunnels, the coaster train goes through 2 turns underground at 60 mph in about 4 seconds, one heading right, one heading left. The first turn is banked at 80 degrees, and the 2nd at 65. Its really quick aswell but still smooth and not too rapid. [:D]

Post May 24th, 2005, 5:53 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

JP -- I think you know how to find me for testing. ~TJ [lol]

Post May 25th, 2005, 3:04 am

Yup, i definately do. I will send it to people after the contest. [:D]

Return to Hard Hat Area