Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Kingda Ka, Why not at SFMM?

Kingda Ka, Why not at SFMM?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 9th, 2004, 8:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,516.00 Points

Cool, top thrill dragster for Six Flags, but the question for all the poeple in California is WHY IS IT IN NEW JERSEY!? Its in a desert valley, lots of space. Money shouldn't be a problem if Scream was just built. all everyone is wonder is Why is in not in Magic Mountain?

Post October 9th, 2004, 8:38 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Because SF is getting smarter and realizing that you cant concentrate all your money and sweat on one park. They own a CHAIN of parks rather than just SFMM. I think its good they are spreading the wealth of coasters throughout their parks.

Post October 9th, 2004, 8:53 pm

Points on hand: 4,794.00 Points
Maybe they want it to be operating more than 10 days per year. [:p]

SFMM already has got a world record (most coasters in a park) and it doesn't need any coasters right now, they only build Scream couse otherwise CP would have one coaster more than SFMM. SFGA doesn't have any special rides anymore. They used to have the only floorless coaster, the tallest B&M and the only B&M flying in the US but now there are 11 floorless coasters, 4 B&M flying coasters, 3 of which in the US and Silver Star has taken the record of highest B&M, so they need something new and impressive. [;)]

Post October 10th, 2004, 12:38 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

yeah, SFMM did beat the record by getting scream up before CP got TTD up. And, from looking at the outside of the park, it looks alright, SFMM doesn't really need a rocket coaster since knott's already has one, and I think other parks should get attention as well. Besides, SFMM should concentrate more on park friendlyness and keeping it clean and safe more than building new rides.

Post October 10th, 2004, 1:01 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Post October 10th, 2004, 1:07 am
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

but it only goes 325 ft high, and might get removed.

Post October 10th, 2004, 4:02 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
If they removed Superman: The escape im pretty sure they would build something like an intamin (Although I don't think they would try to break any heght barriers). Ive heard alot of negative things about SFMM in the past - how is X running alately?

Post October 10th, 2004, 7:00 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

I highly doubt they would remove superman.
I've heard that X is running much better these days

Post October 10th, 2004, 10:47 am

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

I agree with brtnboarder, Six Flags owns lots of parks and the only really built up, filled ones are MM, Great Adv, and Great America, alot of the other parks dont have alot of coasters. I dont understand why Great Adventure is getting KK beacause the already have an awesome assortment. It should go to smaller park, but imo Six Flags Magic Mountain should stop building, they are already jam packed. CA already has some great rides, I don't think any have to be built for a while.

Post October 10th, 2004, 12:33 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

well NJ is the most densly populated state in the US, and not to mention the closest one to NY, so i think theyre building here in order to get more coustomers for the park.

Post October 11th, 2004, 3:09 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I think its a pretty business smart move by six flags, eze7789 said that its close to new york, like one of the most densly populated areas of the entire world, what reason would they have for building it anywhere else?

Post October 11th, 2004, 8:36 pm

Points on hand: 1,878.00 Points

I think it is good too. So I can actually ride on it! :D

Post October 11th, 2004, 8:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Originally posted by GRIM

but it only goes 325 ft high, and might get removed.

You got that 325 foot part right....they could use a better Intamin there...

Post October 12th, 2004, 11:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

Originaly posted by hsxlc

yeah, jersey pride!!...(yeah i got state pride)

But seriously i think its going to be a huge hit for the park, i mean Superman:Ultimate Flight drew in a 3+ hour wait for a 30 second ride on that crap, so i cant even imagine what kind of monsterous wait there is going to be for KK.

Post October 14th, 2004, 4:48 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

I think a 3 hour wait for a 40 second ride is ridiculous, thats the thing i hate about big parks

Post October 14th, 2004, 9:45 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
honestly, i just feel bad that six flags is gettign another record. their parks suck and instead of concentrating on recored, right now they should be concentrating on maintenence. but i do like the fact that the world's tallest coaster is only a 3 hour drive from me now [:)]

Post October 15th, 2004, 8:43 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
Superman the Escape seems to be running fine now, atleast all i have heard. That's why it's not coming to SFMM. SFGADv is close to more populated area's (cough philly is about 1 hour away cough).

Post October 15th, 2004, 10:00 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
Originally posted by eZe7789

Originaly posted by hsxlc

yeah, jersey pride!!...(yeah i got state pride)

Hell yeah, NJ pride!

Like many said; MM already has X, Goliath, S:tE, etc. They have all the big coasters they need. We have Nitro.

Post October 15th, 2004, 10:11 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

S:te is just a crap ride that's built in a place they couldn't feel up in any other way, but I suppose they always could remove it and build a TTD style coaster, and add more fun to the ride other than just the launch.

Post October 15th, 2004, 11:00 pm

Originally posted by thecool326

S:te is just a crap ride that's built in a place they couldn't feel up in any other way, but I suppose they always could remove it and build a TTD style coaster, and add more fun to the ride other than just the launch.

i dont think it'd be worth 20 million to do that, in a few years some company will have a 500ft coaster, then SFMM will get that. Just now SFMM isn't on top of the world

Post October 16th, 2004, 5:19 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

honestly i think that mm spends too much time on firsts and biggests/fastets, and runs their good classic rides into the dirt....i old enough to remember revolution in all it's glory, and collossus too, i rode psyclone when it opened, and that ride has been breaked to the point at which it goes throught the 3rd turn slower than it went up the lift.it's only like 12 years old.. and smaller independent parks like kennywood have really old rides that apparently run great. viper was intense when it opened, but now the breaks hurt more than the g forces....x is cool,and cannot be touched, it trancends any kind of rollercoaster experience, but the money spent on deja vu was wasted in my opinion, as it's right next to psyclone which could stand a rolling stock change and a rework and draw a good amount of people. for the price of the 20 second deja vu they coulda done this, and even put the camelbacks back in collossus..... i don't think that the lines for these rides are short now because their old, it's because they've had their thrill sacraficed so people will ride short, unsatisfying, rides like superman and deja vu instead.....ah welll.....

Post October 17th, 2004, 12:04 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
and sadly, that's exactly what six flags belives makes a good park [;)] another example is sfne. thunderbolt is just now starting to get re-tracked and cyclone is just a pile o crap rotting away. it's so delapadated that it's not even open most of the time. but instead of fixing these rides (and giving superman a paint job like it almost desperatly needs) they decided to yet again.. for the third year in a row, add more to the waterpark. six flags just doesnt seem to care about how they take care of their rides.

Post October 17th, 2004, 1:12 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

it's almost like they put those stupid otsr on revolution just so that people wouldn't wanna ride it..then they don't have to have so many trains.maybe it's a six flags conspiracy.....

Post October 17th, 2004, 2:18 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post October 17th, 2004, 2:08 pm

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions