Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions RITA - Alton Towers

RITA - Alton Towers

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 17th, 2004, 9:58 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Millennium Force has airtime...Ride front seat or back seat. The thing with MF though is the rides can vary ALOT in force and speed. Its a huge ride and the trains are large. On colder days, it doesnt carry as much speed via on hotter days, or, days where the wind is in the right direction, theres airtime on all the hills. Ive had days of no airtime, and days of lots of airtmie.

Its a ride you can ONLY judge on multiple days to that park. You cannot make a sound judgement based on one day.

SROS and EGF are not tall...207 and 180 something are TINY. I know that RITA wont be anything close, but, for you saying you are the american idiot, arent you IMMUNE to height yet like I am? Height does nothing for me...You could boost me to 500ft+, wont increase the thrill ANY. KK was a huge disappointment, I was hoping they were going to go 500ft, but instead they went a measly 36ft, which isnt anything.

I guess if you are affected by height, but no one should be scared riding a roller coaster at a top park. Sure, you are afraid of being high but thats because you have a fear of falling...theres no way you can come out of one of these rides given you put yourself into it correctly. So whats to fear?

Staying on topic...still looking forward to this, though Air looks like it bites the big one (its so dang slow) everything else there is great.

Post October 17th, 2004, 10:37 am

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

Millennium Force has airtime...Ride front seat or back seat.

agreed. I rode MF 3 times while I was at CP. Great ride and alot of airtime. However, after riding TTD, i still prefer MF becuase of the layout and ride, not the speed and Height. Same with Magnum XL, loved that ride to death, airtime is unseen on those bunny hills, but its not too tall and it has no inversions. I say good job AT for trying something new.

Post October 17th, 2004, 2:13 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
the first drop is the best part of a ride, that's why im not happy, i cant see more then a 100ft drop on this

Post October 17th, 2004, 2:15 pm

Originally posted by jpecool

Does anyone know what type of theme we might be getting on this new coaster, IF ugland is leaving, as Alton have always had some of the best theming around, so im hoping they add some on this new coaster?????

seems to be a racing theme from what i've seen

Post October 17th, 2004, 3:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Yes but that might be to throw us all off the trail. Alton keep all there rides totally secret and you only find out properly when you see the advert for it on TV in the winter months. Apparently footers have started to arrive. Alton have put 2 fences up so you cant get anywhere near the site!!!!

Post October 17th, 2004, 6:19 pm

they still can't top the trees, so a first drop lover like me cant be to satisfied, even with a vertical drop, storm runner is 170' vertical

Post October 17th, 2004, 7:34 pm

Points on hand: 4,515.00 Points
After riding storm runner i can say that it is the best ride ive been on, it has just the right amount of inversions, that barrel roll is amazing and the top hat produces so much airtime its insane, if alton towers got a copy of stormrunner it would make alot of europeans very happy.

Post October 17th, 2004, 7:37 pm

Post October 17th, 2004, 9:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

MF does have airtime, but it has very little of it. The two large camels have sustained floater, but I don't see the point in floater air when your stapled. If they had ejector air, which they never do because the train would need to be going significantly faster for that to happen, it would be a lot better IMO. I still really enjoy the ride though [:)]

Post October 17th, 2004, 9:50 pm

Ive never been stapled on MF...you just cant let them control the lap bar situation...I assume you havent been taught how to avoid that? ;)

Post October 18th, 2004, 7:33 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Maybe your definition of being stapled is different than mine, because I can't see how you can't be stapled with Intamin T-bars...I consider stapling when you don't have any room for your butt to come off the seat, and the ride ops aren't going to do nothing when theres 3 inches of room between you and the lapbar...

Post October 18th, 2004, 9:51 am

Ahh, obviously the technique has escaped you ;) I routinely get between 1-2 full inches on MF and Dragster. :) All depends on what you wear and how you sit while they push the bars down.

Right nows a good time to go as well, Alot of the Ops are pulling up ;)

BTW, nice Avatar ;)...Medusa...mm.

Post October 18th, 2004, 3:50 pm

yeah, there's always a way to get around stapeling, like puffing up your shirt so the ride off thinks your really fat [;)]

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions