Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Kingda Ka, Why not at SFMM?

Kingda Ka, Why not at SFMM?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 17th, 2004, 3:29 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

DO YOU RECKON they even like the fact that morgan trains suck,and no one likes being uncomfortable... i'll reinstate my point, i don't buy the theory that these rides have lost thier appeal stricly because there's newer and better rides, it's because theyve been castrated and sent to pasture... shame on six flags, i grew up when mm only had 4 rollercoasters, one isn't there any more, but even after they reprofiled collossus somewhat the first time they ran their rides like they were suposed to run, this is like before six flags bought it. sure they put in awesome neato rides and all, and psclone was WORTH a 3hour wait opening season, but every time they put in something new they do something to another ride to make it suck, wow neato , one only has to wait 10 minutes to get on viper, WELL no wonder....they went out of their way to turn it into a peice of crap......uuuurrr

Post October 18th, 2004, 5:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Why didnt SFMM get it?

Because SF Great Adventure is a better park in ALL areas. The rides are better, maintenance is better, employees are better, everythings better. The setting and park ambiance is even better. Plus theres more room for expansion. I think Great Adventure, for those who overlook it, is SF's diamond in the rough. Its easily the best park in the chain.

Post October 18th, 2004, 5:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Its a better park than SFMM, but I heard SFGAm and SFOT were better than it, and SFMW is definitely a better park than SFGAdv. SFGAdv is dirty (although I heard it was cleaner this year), Rolling Thunder is horribly maintained, the capacity on the coasters is pretty bad since they never run enough trains (I heard this season was even worse with this), it takes them forever to get the coasters repaired, and even SFMM puts more effort into that then they do, and its the most overpriced SF park I've been to...they were selling bottled water for $4! The environment of the park isn't too bad, except the part near Viper could be nicer. Sure it is better than SFMM, but there are better SF parks.

Post October 18th, 2004, 5:34 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
The prices are not the parks fault, its the East Coast inflation. Everything on the east coast (ESPECIALLY) in jersey is really expsensive.

I was there last year and I found it clean, operated very well and the lines moved.

I agree, Rolling Thunder wasnt the greatest smoothness wise, but I dont know too many Large parks that do take care of their wooden coasters...thats a given though.

Post October 18th, 2004, 6:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
water is 3.25 at Hershey last year, it's expensive all over the East Coast. SFGAdv is also selling alot of buy one get one free tickets (i got one for next year), im sure that influences the price rase

Post October 21st, 2004, 6:20 pm

Points on hand: 2,886.00 Points
They Probably built Kingda Ka at GADV because almost every park around it is getting a new coaster, excluding PKD.Hershey is getting Terbulance,Dorney is Getting Hydra,and BGTB is getting a drop coaster(Not sure if its Williamsburg or Tampa Bay)And the only park getting a new ride at SFMM is Knotts.PLus I hear that SFMM is badly maintained and has like no flats...

Post October 21st, 2004, 6:25 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
I hope SFNE gets a new coaster, a vekoma corkscrew or a B&M flyer or inverted would be nice!

Post October 21st, 2004, 7:14 pm

that's way off topic. Anyway, BGW is not getting a new ride, and even if they aren't, that's no motive for a park like SFGAdv, they already smokes alot of the parks except mabye Hershey for the thrill seekers

Post October 22nd, 2004, 12:34 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
sfne is not getting a new ride... but i agree, sfGadv doesnt need any new rides. last time i was there (june) the park was a dump. they should be investing that money into cleaning the park, painting rolling thunder, medusa, nitro, etc and just overall improoving the park. it's by far the worst six flags park i have been to in terms of clenliness. it's goo that we're getting a record breaker on this side of the country but they really dont need a new ride at six flags, they need to clean the parks.

Post October 22nd, 2004, 3:27 pm

Originally posted by pacoasterrider

that's way off topic. Anyway, BGW is not getting a new ride, and even if they aren't, that's no motive for a park like SFGAdv, they already smokes alot of the parks except mabye Hershey for the thrill seekers

Well mabey its BGT thats getting the new Drop coaster...

Anyways, Six Flags needs to invest in the whole chain. I mean, its like they buy a park, add a lot one year and neglect it for ever...thats what they did with SFWOA. They need to add more flats.

Post October 22nd, 2004, 4:58 pm

Originally posted by RollerC

Well mabey its BGT thats getting the new Drop coaster...

Anyways, Six Flags needs to invest in the whole chain. I mean, its like they buy a park, add a lot one year and neglect it for ever...thats what they did with SFWOA. They need to add more flats.

BGT is getting the new drop coaster. SF also has more $$ now that they sold there europiean parks

Post October 22nd, 2004, 6:23 pm

Well, I was doing a Bussiness Economics progect and I found out that you can buy a share for only $1.45 while Cedar Fairs Shares were $30.97.

Post October 22nd, 2004, 10:31 pm

only 1.45 crap they are going broke. Last year i got a SF share for 6.50 in class

Post October 23rd, 2004, 2:03 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points

Post October 23rd, 2004, 2:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

SF is at 4.90 while CF is at 29.90, but the price of the stock doesnt show the companies worth, as SF has many more stocks than CF at a smaller price.

Post October 23rd, 2004, 11:00 pm

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

I read in the first page a question about "X"...What's happened to it?I visited SFMM last year and it seemed to be a great park,isn''t it?

Post October 28th, 2004, 11:39 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

hmm, you must have gone on a good day, last time i went there, it didn't have any of that extra mojo to make you convinced it was a great park, just like your normal city park with 16 rides of doom in it.

Post June 27th, 2005, 8:31 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points

Post June 28th, 2005, 12:15 am

Points on hand: 914.00 Points
We All know that SFMM has Superman : The Escape, but its one of the worst rides ive ever ridden. The main plus bout that ride is the airtime. And i think Magic Mountain would do better with a flyer. I mean SFMM's main competition is Cedar Point. And Cedar Point doesnt have a flyer. Also if Magid Mountain made a flyer they could make it in the mid region of the park. where they can use the mountain to there advantage and make a very unique flyer. Unlike any other park with a flyer.

Post June 28th, 2005, 12:50 am

Points on hand: 5,694.00 Points
I'm glad that SFGAdv is getting Kingda Ka. I live in New York, and decided I'd get to SFGAdv eventually, but now I have more reasons to go. I'm probably going to go this summer, and it has:
-a flyer
-a floorless
-kingda ka (if it's open)
-nitro
-batman and robin: the chiller
-gasm (okay, maybe that one doesn't look so good)
-rolling thunder
-b:tr
Hell, that sounds fun to me! And it has that Q-bot/Fastpass thingy, so..yeah. I don't know what I'm getting at, but it looks like a hell of a park.

I think Six Flags Great Escape needs new rides. It's my home park, and it's getting extremely boring with so few rides. They expanded it to add...another small section. They took away the Rotor to add a tiny Ferris wheel, and then that. I think it needs a B&M and an Intamin. The Steamin' Demon also needs to be torn down and replaced with a less painful ride, or a less painful duplicate at least.

Post June 28th, 2005, 1:04 am

Points on hand: 5,178.00 Points

I don't know if any of you have been to Six Flags Elitch Gardens, but that is the most unsanitary piece of white trash park owned by the Six Flags chain. I have been to many SF parks and nothing is as bad... and sadly it is my home townpark...

Well, I believe that the Six Flags chain builds new rides and attractions every year to keep intrest in their parks up. If people keep coming back to the same old rides they are going to get bored... The public expects Six Flags to have new rides every year, and if they don't deliver, less guests will come to there parks.

Post July 4th, 2005, 10:38 pm

Is Six Flags run by 10yr olds? I mean come on...dont they see that most of their parks are struggling. Im waiting for the day when we hear that Six Flags has to close down more than half of their parks casue of their bad managment

Post July 4th, 2005, 11:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

I personally have NEVER liked six flags to begin with, CP has always been my favorite park, six flags employess look like they're diggin their grave in that park, as to cedar point they're happy to be there and makes the great atmosphere on top if the AWSOME rides, as to six flags where it's just another cookie cutter park with different rides (sometimes) and every park they build adds to the boring factor to the rest of them..

Post July 7th, 2005, 11:37 am

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Well, i've never been to america, and i know next to nothing about the state of the parks over there. However, back when Walibi World was SFH, it was one of the best parks i'd been to. There was little trouble with ride maintenance, and i don't think a single ride wasn't operating on the 8-10 times i've been there. The staff were all helpful and friendly, and it was all clean. On top of that, the theming at the park is actually existent, which is more than i can say for what i've heard about the american parks. So all of this makes not so much sense for me.

Post July 7th, 2005, 11:46 am

Points on hand: 2,221.00 Points
Because SFMM don't want to have more broken or not working rides.

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions