Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion World Series

World Series

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 15th, 2004, 8:06 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
world series...

hopefully the Sox can come back and take out the yanks, not to hopeful about it. I wouldn't mind the Cards. winning it ether, but I really would love to see the sox, break the curse!! Cards-Astros game last night was awesome, great comeback by St. louis

Post October 16th, 2004, 7:00 pm

Post October 16th, 2004, 7:04 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I hope cards win, just because our coach said if they win, he'll give us an easy practice.

Post October 17th, 2004, 4:06 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I hope either the cards or sox win. I am tired of it almost always being the yankess.I'm a baseball fan too, just haven't had time to get in touch with the baseball season this year.

Post October 17th, 2004, 2:18 pm

Post October 18th, 2004, 9:27 pm

Points on hand: 81.00 Points

Post October 18th, 2004, 10:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

I was hoping for the A's to make it...but they bit it...

Post October 19th, 2004, 11:09 am

WOOO WOOO! THE SOX ARE GOING BACK TO NY, TO KICK SOME YANKEE ASS!!!!! AH HAHAHA!

Post October 19th, 2004, 3:54 pm

OH YEAH GO SOX!! They'll definatly be a game 7!

im a phillies fan but yeah go figure they didn't even make it. GO SOX AND CARDS!

Post October 19th, 2004, 7:57 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I wish the Cubs had done better this year... they deserve to make it to the World Series after all these years.

Post October 19th, 2004, 8:39 pm

Post October 20th, 2004, 12:11 am

RED SOX WON. It is 12:10 and they just won, forceing a Game 7!
RED SOX RED SOX RED SOX WOOO WOOO!

Post October 20th, 2004, 4:30 pm

Post October 20th, 2004, 6:27 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points
Go Sox! I never thoguht they had a chance when they went down 3-0, but they came back with 3 awesome, yet super long games. I cant wait for Game 7 tonight! I'm so damn sick of the Yankees. Go Boston!

Post October 21st, 2004, 12:10 am

RedSox RedSox RedSox RedSox! the RedSox are going to the WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Post October 21st, 2004, 12:37 am

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

No they are actually going to the World Series, Cards and Astros are in the NLCS.

Post October 21st, 2004, 1:28 am

Points on hand: 2,861.00 Points
I just got paid to watch the game. The big boss at work told us to shut down and lock up the place and go watch the game, and we get paid for our normal shift. (He gave the first shift people tomorrow morning off to equal things out).

It is a wonderful time to be a New England fan. Go Sox, Go Pats.

Post October 21st, 2004, 2:25 pm

Points on hand: 4,004.00 Points

im the fan from l.a. dodgers, but i'll try red sox for sure

Post October 21st, 2004, 4:14 pm

WHOOOO GO SOX!!! Yankees had the "offical" biggest disastor as a sports team history. It was so great. GO SOX

Post October 21st, 2004, 4:53 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Maybe this is me being all narrowminded and stuff again, but can I just ask, does anything actually ever happen in baseball? Because, if we can be bothered to stay up till 4 in the morning here in England, we can watch all kinds of American sports and stuff and I have to say there are some really good sports like Ice Hockey, NASCAR and Slam ball, but baseball, I would like to know how its possible for so many people to like a game in which a big group of men stand around for 5 hours scrathing their balls. [lol]

I always end up offending someone, so just to be safe: Don't take any of what I just said seriously and treat it as a joke, please........although i do believe what I just said is true [lol]

Post October 21st, 2004, 6:20 pm

Havn't you ever herd of the saying "Baseball is the American sport!"?

There is a reason why people watch it.

LEST GO RED SOX!!!!! GOING ALL THE WAY BABY!

Post October 21st, 2004, 7:05 pm

most people dispise baseball without playing it, when you play it, it's so hard and gives you alot of respect for the game, and making it more enjoyable. It also is a american sport, so it makes sence that ehh.. americans like it [;)], just like American football. Hockey is canadian, Nascar is 100% American Southern, and SlamBall is sweet, but not a big sport, just more so a 9 or whatever TV show every saturday night on Spike, not really a sport to me

edit--

and not to start WWII, but i think football (soccer) is so boring. 90 minuets and most games are 2-1, a goal every 30 minuets, not very exciting for me. And alot of games end it ties, which thankfully baseball games don't. I'd rather be considered a loser then a "equil" to another team

Post October 22nd, 2004, 2:04 am

Points on hand: 2,861.00 Points
I think Baseball is somewhat of an aquired taste. Most american boys grow up playing little league and if you ahve ever played baseball, even at the 8-13 year old range, you develop an appreciation for it.

I ahve always been a baseball and RedSox fan, but a few years ago, I started to really get into it, and began to understand the totally psycological aspect of the pitching game. This was largely from playing military softball as a pitcher, and even though it is slow-pitch, ther is an incredible mind game that goes on between the pitcher and the batter.

But that is me. See, I can not understand the fascination with soccer (football) either. If I grew up playing it, I am sure that I would appreciate the game's subleties that now escape me. Then again, it just may be a bunch of guys standing around on a field kicking their balls.

Post October 22nd, 2004, 6:30 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by Android

Havn't you ever herd of the saying "Baseball is the American sport!"?

There is a reason why people watch it.

LEST GO RED SOX!!!!! GOING ALL THE WAY BABY!

and that reason is? [lol]

and someone else said that once you play it you'll like it, well considering we were forced to play it for about 4 years while at middle school, I think you'll find that I have played it thank you very much [lol]

Someone else said football is boring, well, if you don't live in a football country then you are bound to find it boring, Football is all about the passion and the atmosphere, its a way of life not a sport, hahaha [lol]...bull. but at least stuff happens in football yeah, people run around and things....don't see much of THAT in baseball do you [lol] I have baseball games on tv when I'm trying to sleep cus, yeah, it helps me sleep [:)]....boring

Post October 22nd, 2004, 9:52 am

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Originally posted by pacoasterrider

and not to start WWII, but i think football (soccer) is so boring. 90 minuets and most games are 2-1, a goal every 30 minuets, not very exciting for me. And alot of games end it ties, which thankfully baseball games don't. I'd rather be considered a loser then a "equil" to another team

Actually, if you think about it, that is kinda hypocritical to say one goal/30mins isnt exciting, and heres why. Think about the average baseball game. The score is usually somewhere around 6-3ish, hence about 9 runs are scored. The average baseball game lasts for about 3 and a half hours. This means that only slightly more than one run is scored per 30mins. So soccer and baseball have almost the same amount of scoring in ratio to time. And, just so you know, I play bot baseball and soccer, so Im somewhat unbiased here.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion